Connor Wickham | Page 4 | Vital Football

Connor Wickham

If we announced we were signing Messi, there would be still be criticism. I wonder who would be good enough for the detractors on this board?
Except we wouldn’t be bringing in Messi, and we wouldn’t be bringing them in on a pay-as-you-play! Like I said, no footballer plays under such conditions.

We’re moaning about bringing in Andrews when he’d been out for a month pre-signing, and has since had what could be a major setback in his recovery.

I don’t want us to spaff away thousands more a week on a ‘name’ if we know he won’t be match fit for weeks and weeks, and that’s before setbacks. It’s March in a few days.

Last edited:
Fred on FB has said that Connor Wickham has been in discussions with a " minority shareholder"
Someone else has said they spoke to Brad on Saturday and he also said someone is joining this week

Others on the same thread saying we are signing Kazaiah Sterling, 25yo ex-spurs youth striker been playing in USA league 1 (2nd or 3rd tier there?) and quite prolific at that level. 30 in 48 games.

All things considered, and taking into account our improved ability to get the ball in the opposition box, a strong, energetic young guy like Jo Gbode might just be worth a punt. Always a gamble, but sometimes it works out - Hawks and Gbode is surely at least as good an option as Hawks & Nads ?

All things considered, and taking into account our improved ability to get the ball in the opposition box, a strong, energetic young guy like Jo Gbode might just be worth a punt. Always a gamble, but sometimes it works out - Hawks and Gbode is surely at least as good an option as Hawks & Nads ?
Certainly worth taking the chance.
Walker hasn’t ripped up any trees although his work rate has been excellent.
Big Joe doesn’t have that level of pace so won’t be quickly closing down the opposition defence but he has a better physical presence.
I think Gbode would be a decent sub to replace a tiring Hawkins.

So a youngster who has not been scoring for Aveley MUST be at least better than Crawley's last players player of the year?:

Maybe.

It’s possible it could be as good or better. Certainly wouldn’t suggest it’s a sure thing though.
I didn`t mention better. My assuredness was concentrated on the pair being at least as good. Nothing i`ve seen of Nads, so far, leads me to think that young Jo and Hawks would be an inferior combo. I also mentioned Punt..

So a youngster who has not been scoring for Aveley MUST be at least better than Crawley's last players player of the year?:

Maybe.
Crikey ! Read my post again, you`re making up your own version. At least as good is NOT the same as better. Might turn out to be better, who knows. I like big Jo, i`d like to see how far he`s progressed.