Match Thread: Lincoln City v Shrewsbury Town | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Shrewsbury Town

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
Reuters-Sincil-Bank-v-West-Ham-United-h-27-09-23-scaled.jpg

So, we're back at home again, this time versus Shrewsbury Town in League One...

Ahead of the match, don't forget to:

- Have a go at the quiz (link below).
- Vote on the poll (link below).
- Read about tonight's referee (link below).
- Read the Q&A with a Shrewsbury Town supporter (link below).

Following the match, don't forget to:

- Share your views on this thread!
- Nominate your Man of The Match (the thread will be started following the final whistle).
- Vote on the Man of The Match poll once nominations have ended.

Shrewsbury are performing very differently under Hurst to Taylor so I wouldn't read too much into their league position at the minute, they've definitely had an upturn in performance levels.

Shrewsbury are performing very differently under Hurst to Taylor so I wouldn't read too much into their league position at the minute, they've definitely had an upturn in performance levels.

Agree it will be a tough game as most of them are but they aren't really pulling up too many trees.

Saturdays victory at Reading was their first win in 5 games and they've only won 4 games since the beginning of December.

Agree it will be a tough game as most of them are but they aren't really pulling up too many trees.

Saturdays victory at Reading was their first win in 5 games and they've only won 4 games since the beginning of December.
Plus 2 of their goals at Reading were world class strikes from outside the area, not something any league 1 club can replicate very often.

Come down with a bit of a bug so will be restricting myself to IFollow tonight. Always a bit of a rush to get from this side of the Midlands to a night game and just don't feel up to it. Glad to have the other option.
Not expecting to see an open free flowing game. Games against Shrews usually descend into a battle and a 1-0 score and tonight will probably be the same. Hopefully the 1-0 will be for us

Feels like a fairly big game.

However unlikely it appears to be, the reality is that play offs is definitely in reach if we can get all 3 points tonight.

If we don’t, I fear the season may just peter out.

Tough game, but hopefully we’ll nick it. UTI!

It would be good to pass the 50 point mark tonight.

After that, games like Saturday's become "must win" if there's any chance of the play-offs.

A season "petering out" is not a bad thing though given some of the angst on here at the turn of the year.

Feels like a fairly big game.

However unlikely it appears to be, the reality is that play offs is definitely in reach if we can get all 3 points tonight.

If we don’t, I fear the season may just peter out.

Tough game, but hopefully we’ll nick it. UTI!
If results are as expected/ go our way tonight and Saturday, we could be 3 points off play offs on Sunday.