The Official Wrexham Match Thread (Sponsored by Brad and Shannon "for all your North American owner needs") | Page 6 | Vital Football

The Official Wrexham Match Thread (Sponsored by Brad and Shannon "for all your North American owner needs")

That was more like it. We look so much better and comfortable as a team when we play with a tempo and not so focused on making sure every box is ticked for the purposes of stats.

Everyone played we but thought Clark, Hawkins and Deing were quality.

Now we need to replicate that next week and the week after and so on.

They can fecking do it when they want too.

UTFG!

Crowd singing 'Stephen Clemence Barmy Army' tells you the majority view of fans today.
Masterclass of tactics and keeping shape that had Wrexham frustrated and shooting from miles out.
Difference today was that we offered something going forward and carried a threat from both wings. Top team effort and great 3 points to set us all up for the week.

Enjoyed today, we played on the front foot. As others have said well done Max Clark and Nadeson was starting to look up for it and they both got hooked. Thought Jayden Clarke was poor and should have kept Nads on even though I've been groaning about him for weeks

Great win and well done to the players and Clemence and everyone should enjoy today after a good performance and result but please continue with this kind of performance in the upcoming games win, draw or lose. We have had results and performances like this throughout the season and then reverted back to dross. Hopefully we can now build on this for the run in.

UTG

If we had played like today on Tuesday we’d have got 6 points so much more energy today deserved to win bit worried near the end when we backed off a bit but we saw it out
Sticking my neck out here but once again I thought the officials were dire and can understand why MK Dons manager lost the plot in midweek every decision they looked and yelled at the ref who was so keen to oblige
Anyway got the result am starting the celebrations soon unfortunately got work in the morning but what the fuck onwards and upwards coyg

Enjoyed today, we played on the front foot. As others have said well done Max Clark and Nadeson was starting to look up for it and they both got hooked. Thought Jayden Clarke was poor and should have kept Nads on even though I've been groaning about him for weeks
Yep Nadesans 2nd half showed that he can be a threat and close down at pace.
Clarke wasn't poor but after his long battling run he did seem to be low on energy.

Nads second half performance was night and day to the first half, but how many minutes has the man played this Calander year?
Thought the team played as a team and fought for each other Throughout the 95 minutes
Now is the time to kick on, the team celebrated that victory on the pitch like it meant something to them - proud tonight

Gut feeling that we would win today as we tend to raise our performance levels for the big games.

Key now is to use this result as the springboard for the remainder of the season to secure that play off position.

This should be the benchmark of display for the bread & butter matches to follow. Must get that elusive consistency to go on a run.

Stand out contributions from Coleman, Hawkins & Morris.

Wrexham had good individual players & were quick on the break. But overall I have to say they weren't that impressive.

4 points from a possible 6 in these games with 2 clean sheets. Yeah, I'll take that all day long

Finally credit is due to Stephen Clemence who got his tactics & subs spot on. Has been subject to a lot of criticism & scepticism. Result should give him confidence.

Last edited:
Gut feeling that we would win today as we tend to raise our performance levels for the big games.

Key now is to use this result as the springboard for the remainder of the season to secure that play off position.

This should be the benchmark of display for the bread & butter matches to follow. Must get that elusive consistency to go on a run.

Wrexham had good individual players & were quick on the break. But overall I have to say they weren't that impressive.

4 points from a possible 6 in these games with 2 clean sheets. Yeah, I'll take that all day long

Finally credit is due to Stephen Clemence who got his tactics & subs spot on. Has been subject to a lot of criticism & scepticism. Result should give him confidence.

Amen to all of that. You can only beat what's put in front of you and today, like Tuesday, that wasn't much.

3 points is all that matters. The slightly improved all round performance was a bonus. I can't get over excited about anyone in particular but a clean sheet is always good.

Player ratings.

Morris (6)
Hutton (6)
Ogie

............ saving time (6) all round except 5's for J.Williams and Nadesan.

MotM. Masterson

I’d say credit to Clem who got both games tactics spot on.
Stockport wasn’t pretty but it was correct in my opinion.
Today, just as much.