Peterborough Home - Match Thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

Peterborough Home - Match Thread

Hallelujah! Exactly this.

You wonder why people actually came to like football. Maybe there are people who like the Steve Evans and the 30+ other managers of his ilk in the bottom tiers of the English game? If my Dad had taken me as a small child to watch football of that style I'd have at least saved myself a lot of heartache and bad moods from losing out on promotion, suffering relegation and saved lots of money in the meantime. Because I would have hated the game.

Similarly with Cr🐍tchley in charge, it's depressing to watch. The team has no personality, flair, imagination, bottle or character. The insipid brand of football and our vapid owner have sucked the enjoyment from a fan's perspective from the club. Of course watching or following football like anything in life is about opinions and very much so personality traits. Some people like dull and some people are happy to contain their emotions despite the ups and downs, others let their emotions rise and fall from the deepest trough to the highest peak, mirroring what football can be.

Agree entirely with Aussie, Dobbie breathed optimism, ambition, fight and an attacking intent into the team. Anybody who is critical of him because of what he may be doing now maybe fails to realise he is being forced to work under the rigid constraints of our grey manager and grey owner. Snakey has insisted that every single squad from kids, to Development Squad setup and play his tedious, boring, uninspiring (GREY) brand of football.

When the inevitable death knell sounds to mark the end of season surely the most grey supporters will take stock and realise that this season was worse than last season. The atmosphere has been markedly worse than any time since the boycotts. The crowds are dwindling. We couldn't entice even a modest crowd for an FA Cup game v Premier League opposition or a semi final of the EFL Cup. The training ground, the east stand are dragging, fans are being blocked on social media, fans are falling out with each other. It's all gone a bit shit.
Spot on, but unfortunately there are those who prefer the Ostrich way of life. Work in progress my arse. Very frustrating but the situation will have to run its course Untill then we remain at sea with a rudderless ship.

Two sides of the argument, but let's not fall out - not implying this has happened. Sex said to me that you can't judge Critchly until next season as this was a major recovery from the damage of Applegone. I think this is wise of Sex and I totally agree. We have had some really crap managers I think we can all agree Applegone (twice amazingly), Larry (2nd time around), Thick Mick to name very recently. I would say that the quality of football under these three is worse than under Critch.

Two sides of the argument, but let's not fall out - not implying this has happened. Sex said to me that you can't judge Critchly until next season as this was a major recovery from the damage of Applegone. I think this is wise of Sex and I totally agree. We have had some really crap managers I think we can all agree Applegone (twice amazingly), Larry (2nd time around), Thick Mick to name very recently. I would say that the quality of football under these three is worse than under Critch.
The recovery is due to Critchley leaving at the start of season 2 in the Championship giving the club no time to bring in a manager who could hit the ground running. When a manager was appointed he was terrible, he was then replaced by a another terrible manager and he has been replaced by a manager twice sacked in the same season with a win rate of 2 in 13 at both clubs. 🤦

Hasty--when we are still in L1 at the end of next season and have watched another 46 games of boring sub-standard football then will you agree?
Will you look back and say something should have been done last season? I honestly don't think anything will change from what we are presently watching. We are just not firing on all 4 cylinders and who is to blame for that--the mechanic.

Last edited:
Hasty--when we are still in L1 at the end of next season and have watched another 46 games of boring sub-standard football then will you agree?
Will you look back and say something should have been done last season? I honestly don't think anything will change from what we are presently watching. We are just not firing on all 4 cylinders and who is to blame for that--the mechanic.
That is the problem not having hindsight. I don't believe that Dobbie is the answer and struggle to see anyone else we could attract.

Worst football is the likes of Swansea previous seasons - pass, pass, pass .... Stevenage and the likes. Some people won't watch Citeh which I find strange.

That is the problem not having hindsight. I don't believe that Dobbie is the answer and struggle to see anyone else we could attract.

Worst football is the likes of Swansea previous seasons - pass, pass, pass .... Stevenage and the likes. Some people won't watch Citeh which I find strange.

I respect your opinion but a change within the coaching ranks is a must for me before next season. Bowyer/Dobbie/Thompson combination.

Last edited:
I just cant see Sadler appointing Dobbie and that's why zi'm.not counting g him.in tbe frame.
It was a shot show last season, and Critchley was the catalyst to it by leaving g. That said it showed a complete lack of oversight by the club by not even having anyone in the frame.
It's like a business nit having g any succession planning. People come and go and invariably you lose your better staff as done one bigger cones along and offers / takes them.