Transfers - Summer 2024 | Page 8 | Vital Football

Transfers - Summer 2024

We shouldn't want Eriksen back....moved on.
I wasn't aware he was on his last legs mate.

Picked up on something Mutters jokingly highlighted regarding Harry. He quipped that he could return to the bench in order to become our NFL kicker ala pens. Thought i'd push the boat out with the notion we could bring back Erik with the sole intention of using him as a Super Sub. It would seem that that ship has sailed.

I wasn't aware he was on his last legs mate.

Picked up on something Mutters jokingly highlighted regarding Harry. He quipped that he could return to the bench in order to become our NFL kicker ala pens. Thought i'd push the boat out with the notion we could bring back Erik with the sole intention of using him as a Super Sub. It would seem that that ship has sailed.

Nah...I don't even want him as a super sub. Our bench needs to be grown into legitimate starters who are vying for starting roles with the actual starters. I also am not sold that the Eriksen we see today fits AP's mold. I am not saying Eriksen is on his last legs...I am sure he will fit a team somewhere.

**Also we are rebuilding...and bringing in new young players....creating a new an exciting team...why the heck would we want to bring back old guard players. Hell we still need to offload some!!

Disclaimer....my opinions only, so nobody take it all personal!!

Nah...I don't even want him as a super sub. Our bench needs to be grown into legitimate starters who are vying for starting roles with the actual starters. I also am not sold that the Eriksen we see today fits AP's mold. I am not saying Eriksen is on his last legs...I am sure he will fit a team somewhere.

**Also we are rebuilding...and bringing in new young players....creating a new an exciting team...why the heck would we want to bring back old guard players. Hell we still need to offload some!!

Disclaimer....my opinions only, so nobody take it all personal!!

Now and then.

"Then" was when Conte first arrived. If he had bought Eriksen with him from Italy we might have played 3-5-2 with Bents, Hoj, Eriksen, Kane and Son. That 3-4-3 system sucked.

"Now" I wouldn't want Eriksen at our club. Like Kane, he couldn't handle the demands of the manager and that sulky, stubborn thing would reappear from Christian. We have Madds and I'm hopeful on Devine and Donley.

Sadly, I have to disagree with yours, even if you didn't/weren't disagreeing with Steve's lol!

Cunte and the Special dick one, didn't play to our strengths, they played to their view of how to win football games, and bought poorly or slow burners into the bargain. Kane can barely 'break at speed' anymore and couldn't for the last few years, he adapted his game to drop deep and become as much of a chance creator as he was a goal scorer.

As for Conte his grid defensive system, was about as unsuited to us as I've ever seen - despite all thsoe who thought that if it won games, it was worth it.

Ange's system of play is and will be a high burn-out rate, but even before the additions he's shown it can transform your tactical approach, and yes, it does have its problems;

Our defence now is as porous as it's ever been, if not worse - but his approach is to compensate by scoring more than the opposition - which has meant we have now scored in all his 24 games in charge, which is an amazing state of affairs....and aren't we all now as one on the edge of our seats, even if it feels like our home crowd is soon to be rushed to A&E for suspected heart attack?!

Ange's tactics will most likely evolve , as we will do with better technical players - and we are still desperately missing a proper midfield general - which all great winning silverware teams have, but we don't, yet!
Great post Spex, sort of echoes my thoughts exactly, we are still a bit too porous in defence, and we concede from too few chances against us.
Perhaps when we get our best 3/4 midfielders in place and actually playing together for a few games this will improve on our goals conceded, and indeed we could start( just now) to see some change in AP's tactics in the coming months, as for sometime he'd had to work with a much reduced strength team.

Not sure how true this is...but just been reading that Spurs are top/highest income earners from home games in the Prem Lge, and third behind Barca n PSG.

If true, DL's sights for our future is starting to take place, future looking good.

Ex might/will know more! what do you reckon then?

Not sure how true this is...but just been reading that Spurs are top/highest income earners from home games in the Prem Lge, and third behind Barca n PSG.

If true, DL's sights for our future is starting to take place, future looking good.

Ex might/will know more! what do you reckon then?
Read this pomp (see link), we're third highest in the Prem, as of the last financial year. Our commercial income has taken a big leap up, much of it driven by Todd our commercial director - but he's just walked out on us to go join the Chav's - apparently he has worked for their American owners before; that was unexpected and will hurt some deals he was working on before he quit.

But the other embedded long term rev's look set to continue to increase, so yes the future does indeed look bright on the finances front.

We need some success on the pitch now, and we need it within a couple of seasons to catch up/surpass the chav's and the red bin dippers!

Last edited:
Lloyd Kelly still hasn't signed a new contract. Looks like he's angling to be a free agent in the summer, thus opening up all his options.

Must admit, it would allow us to look beyond Davies at LCB, if we could nab Kelly. If I were him, I would go and find first team football. Pitching yourself against the current best LCB in the league might not be the smartest move.

If I were a betting man, I think he'll be wearing claret and blue next season.

Lloyd Kelly still hasn't signed a new contract. Looks like he's angling to be a free agent in the summer, thus opening up all his options.

Must admit, it would allow us to look beyond Davies at LCB, if we could nab Kelly. If I were him, I would go and find first team football. Pitching yourself against the current best LCB in the league might not be the smartest move.

Personally I've never really rated him a great deal, although I must admit to not seeing him play for a couple of seasons. His injury record is not great, but I was speaking to a Bournemouth season ticket holder last week who has said that Kelly has been superb in the last few games.
His favoured position is as a left sided centre back as opposed to full back.

I would expect first team vacancies at LCB for both Palace & Cottagers this Summer.

And both those leaving players are better and more appropriate gets for us than him.

The continuing speculation over Gallagher in the gossip columns has become almost obsessive, can anyone actually see Chelsea forcing him out against his will?

Honestly after watching these last few weeks....it it continues...we need to refocus our search to a couple new strikers, a DM and some defensive help to give us depth behind Udogie and Porro. Yeah the list keep growing....

The continuing speculation over Gallagher in the gossip columns has become almost obsessive, can anyone actually see Chelsea forcing him out against his will?

I guess it takes 2 to tango. We don't know what contract offers, if any, he's turned down. If you look at the optics, Gallagher is earning £50k a week and running his contract down. He has one year left come the summer.

Whether he loves Chelsea or not, they can't be flashing the cash the way they do and not lining the pockets of one of their own.

The media won't let this go until he signs a new contract or leaves.

I guess it takes 2 to tango. We don't know what contract offers, if any, he's turned down. If you look at the optics, Gallagher is earning £50k a week and running his contract down. He has one year left come the summer.

Whether he loves Chelsea or not, they can't be flashing the cash the way they do and not lining the pockets of one of their own.

The media won't let this go until he signs a new contract or leaves.
If you believe the reports he has strongly indicated that he wants to stay there but you never know what the fallout might be after their loss today. Chelsea are being mocked in the media as a £1 billion team that was beaten by a Liverpool youth team, I can't see that going down well with board. Imagine if they lose to Leeds in the FA cup on Wednesday, now there is a rivalry to remember!

Honestly after watching these last few weeks....it it continues...we need to refocus our search to a couple new strikers, a DM and some defensive help to give us depth behind Udogie and Porro. Yeah the list keep growing....
We def need another striker to come off the bench but isn't Veliz mean't to be that very man?

Werner's another who can play the role if he remains beyond the summer of course.

We have Dragusin & Phillips in defence so it's going to take a little longer with their development. I think we'll be just fine in that regard.

Central midfield is a bit of a mess at the moment. We need to add another if either one of Bents or Biss continue to falter. I would be inclined to make that move anyway.

Madders is injury prone as well, so we need somebody who can play a number of roles. It's the very reason we were all over Gallagher. Can't see that one happening i'm afraid but he'd certainly be my first option.

Another keeper is required to challenge Vic. We need to strengthen our spine accordingly. If he was out we'd be weaker for it. A lot weaker.

I hope we don't start collecting wing backs the way we started collecting RBs back in the day. We have a pair that on their day are exceptional. If either go missing for the odd game we should be capable of coping. It's if they were out for longer that we would struggle.

If we do move anybody on Emerson may go in order to bring in another young attacking option. I like him but he's primarily a defensive option. His card must surely be marked then.