Fulham v Aston Villa Match Thread - Sat 17 Feb - 3pm | Page 22 | Vital Football

Fulham v Aston Villa Match Thread - Sat 17 Feb - 3pm

A much needed 3 points, only disappointment the score line didn’t reflect how superior we were to them for most of the game, it was a really good away performance until they got their lucky goal.

Fucking get in. Massive win today , absolutely massive.

Thought we played really well and really if they hadn't scored when they did would have gone on to get 3 or 4 . Some brilliant performances today , for Pau to come in and play like that after 6 weeks out takes some doing , I don't know how he sees some of the passes and even his clearances are passes. Absolute thoroughbred performance from a top top class player. Also top performances from SJM and WCD and very decent ones from Lenglet , Tielemans and Cash. In fact I think all of them played well and Emi did what Emi does at the end by making a huge , massive , vital save.

I do hope we don't let that offside go just because we won. That is a disgrace and quite frankly can only be down to incompetence , because how any one with access to those images gets that wrong after looking at them for 5 minutes , defies belief and should not even be allowed to ref a Sunday morning game. The penalty to me is stonewall as well , I might give the triallist we had in charge some leeway , but again how the VAR mob didn't give it is mystifying.

And to the Fulham fans. You can stick your artisan chai coffee with infusions up your arse.

Having already heard it (for 95 mins!) . I can confirm it won’t be complimentary.
Funny you mentioned 95 minutes, because he blew almost on the dot at 95 minutes, despite lots of stoppages in the 5 minutes added on. Thought he would prolong the agony quite a while longer. I think he was frightened that Fulham would score because he knew he had fucked up.

Go on. Make my day. Take a deep breath and admit it.

He was fantastic today. So good on the ball it's untrue. Him and SJM bossed the midfield.
I didn't think he was , BBC had him down as lowest ranked villa player I had him middle of the pack.

Played well today.

Not really sure what he has done wrong since he came in tbh.
With Carlos and Konsa out, we will be seeing today's back 4 more regularly - Hopefully it works well and Lenglet keeps his place. I think that back 4, but with Konsa at RB, could be very good. All comfortable on the ball.

Another lovely away day in the capital, you really can’t beat it! Excellent performance and a thoroughly deserved three points. I’ve heard that the Moreno no goal was another howler from VAR so if we hadn’t gone onto win it that would have been hard to take! Thought McGinn and Doug were immense and Torres and Longlet held it well together at the back. Emi’s save late on just emphasises how important a top keeper is….the World’s number one! And then to top it all off, as we applauded the boys on the final whistle, I momentarily even had a bit of affection for Wolves on hearing that they’d beaten Spurs! Despite losing last week, that’s two decent performances on the bounce….with two very winnable games to come before the big one against Spurs.