Other sports thread | Page 18 | Vital Football

Other sports thread

He's a nasty piece of work IMO

But I've only followed from a distance

Don't know how you can say that. I've also followed him from a distance mainly and come to the opposite viewpoint. He's got a good reputation over here and to the best of my knowledge appears mainly to do the right thing as we would know it.
And I don't say that because I live here either.

Don't know how you can say that. I've also followed him from a distance mainly and come to the opposite viewpoint. He's got a good reputation over here and to the best of my knowledge appears mainly to do the right thing as we would know it.
And I don't say that because I live here either.
He definitely comes across as less of an insufferable dick, unlike Smith.

Remember the incident before the 2019 WC, where one of the net bowlers was accidentally hit from a Warner drive.
His humility certainly painted Warner in a different light.

Took being Broad's bunny in good spirits too, generally speaking.

He definitely comes across as less of an insufferable dick, unlike Smith.

Remember the incident before the 2019 WC, where one of the net bowlers was accidentally hit from a Warner drive.
His humility certainly painted Warner in a different light.

Took being Broad's bunny in good spirits too, generally speaking.

I'd forgotten about this thread. I'm very much a Smith fan too, he's very different to Warner in every way and leaves him behind every time but even so in many ways Warner is a good sport. and I've followed his antics for a good few years now.
As with most folk He's a bit of a mixture.

This is a more interesting debate than it looks on the surface.

This is typical of what lets Talkshite down.

A serious subject trivialised by a gobshite American using emotive language, which is totally out of context with the subject matter.

If this comedian attempted to take this message to the people of his home Country, he would laughed out of town.

He takes Ugo to task for not referencing his quotes and yet fails to reference his own.

Not sure whether it is National policy throughout all Schools but I know the one which my nephews go to do not force any of the children to play Rugby; you have a choice.

If you choose to play, the introduction is non contact; when contact is introduced it is nothing like the intensity of Club Rugby - not even remotely

The emphasis is on skills training, which includes learning how to tackle properly, which is the number one cause of injuries in under age Rugby.

The only thing he gets right is the fall out rate, which is pretty high; after all, Rugby is not for the faint hearted. - some kids fancy playing and find it too much for them - and there is nothing wrong with that.

Monye was correct when he said that the average Rugby tackle generates 20Gs of force, what he did not say, but should have done was the average tackle in football generates over 60Gs of force, which seems difficult to believe considering how much the game has been dumbed down from a tackling perspective.

Tackling in the NFL generates anything from 20Gs to over 100Gs and is far more dangerous than Rugby - you only have to look at any teams roster during a season to see what the injury fall out rate is like.

Formula 1 surprisingly generates far less in terms of G Force, with breaking, accelerating and cornering generating up to 6Gs, however, the cumulative effect over the course of a race can be pretty exhausting for drivers.