Fulham v Aston Villa Match Thread - Sat 17 Feb - 3pm | Page 4 | Vital Football

Fulham v Aston Villa Match Thread - Sat 17 Feb - 3pm

Early start for us this morning for our trip down to the land of the clappers. Another cup final. Think they’ve won five of their last seven at home so they’re by no means a pushover playing there. We’ll need to play well to get all three points. COYVB…… :utv: :utv: :utv: :utv:

I'm in the dumps guys, I do not see the trend reversing, sounds like Torres is back but he won't be match fit, I'm not sure Emery will even risk him. The thought of Chambers and Lanky in defence sends shivers down my spine. Good luck to everyone going today. I hope I am so wrong and eating humble pie at 5pm...

Can't work out if this one is a Cup Final or a banana skin .. long afternoon ahead time for a new hero to step forward

Just leaving for a leisurely drive to Laaaaaaaaandan.

Despite our record there , it is one of the better away days you can have. I think it's the walk to the ground along the Thames that does it.
It's a lovely ground is Craven Cottage in one of the nicest parts of London. I used to live and work in Putney which is very close to the ground. Great nightlife there too, if you're staying over I suggest one of the pubs on the river on the other side of Putney Bridge. Much better in summer of course but it's not too cold today. There's also a really cool bar called Putney Pies (weird name I know) with a great view overlooking the river.

Very hard to dislike Fulham as a club really, never cause trouble and always try to play football without being a dirty team, although it does annoy me that we never seem to beat them away.

Just leaving for a leisurely drive to Laaaaaaaaandan.

Despite our record there , it is one of the better away days you can have. I think it's the walk to the ground along the Thames that does it.

I used to love Fulham away. It was the first ground I ever encountered a 'Duff Man' selling draught beer on the concourse from one of those big back packs. I'm easily pleased.

I used to love Fulham away. It was the first ground I ever encountered a 'Duff Man' selling draught beer on the concourse from one of those big back packs. I'm easily pleased.

I forgot all about that......Must have been a good day off the pitch anyway:rotfl:

Must have been in the away end as we all know they don't drink beer in Fulham.

Mixed feelings for this one. Even with injuries we are still better on paper than Fulham, you could argue only Palhinha and maybe Willian would start for us. Decent full backs and goalkeeper but no better than ours. Manager decent but ours better. If we turn up I think we at least draw and if we’re clinical unlike last weekend then we could win this game for sure. You could also argue their style of play suits us as they’re not particularly physical, like to keep possession but not sure forward pressing is their strength.

But then they’re also good at home and we have a crap record there so I’ve no idea what to predict today. Probably sit on the fence and go draw which isn’t the end of the world if it happens as long as we win the next 2.

Mcginn can drop deeper allowing Teilemans to also drop back a bit - let Bailey rip em and provide Watkins to continue his scoring streak in the capital.

Nice to see 2 keepers back on the bench, was a bit perplexing last week with just the one
Yes, can't have too many keepers on the bench. The chances of getting two keepers injured plus still having enough subs slots left to get the 3rd one on must be nigh on impossible