Transfers - Summer 2024 | Page 7 | Vital Football

Transfers - Summer 2024

Kane is doing everything right to retain his starting place.

No doubt in my mind that Kane will start every game. Strangely enough, I have never felt that confident in his understudies like C-Lewin, Abraham, Watkins, Wilson, Ings etc. I don't about Solanke either. The only one that may be fit for that role is Toney who has emerged more recently. I'm hoping Southgate realises that it's actually OK to get the best 70 mins out of Harry and let the Brentford striker finish some matches. Gareth needs to change Harry's mindset and get him at full tilt from the off. The England will be firing on all cyclinders.

In the same way that Kane picked up the baton from Rooney, our country needs to unearth a number 9 soon.

No doubt in my mind that Kane will start every game. Strangely enough, I have never felt that confident in his understudies like C-Lewin, Abraham, Watkins, Wilson, Ings etc. I don't about Solanke either. The only one that may be fit for that role is Toney who has emerged more recently. I'm hoping Southgate realises that it's actually OK to get the best 70 mins out of Harry and let the Brentford striker finish some matches. Gareth needs to change Harry's mindset and get him at full tilt from the off. The England will be firing on all cyclinders.

In the same way that Kane picked up the baton from Rooney, our country needs to unearth a number 9 soon.
I believe Toney could be that man. Unless Southgate goes younger there's nobody else there to touch him.

Going back to the injury to Lo Celso .

Now I have no knowledge of this , and it’s just a shot in the dark , but is he on low wages with his pay being related to win and appearance bonuses ? Is he making himself available because of financial reasons ??

The Gallagher situation is also a weird one , with a lot of the players there on ridiculous contracts …., I think Sterling is on over £300,000 a week …and their captain on a lot less .

And on the Ange comments , we definitely have to remind ourselves that we are only into six months of his tenure with this club . August , September, October , November , December and January and out of that 24 /26 weeks , we had fourteen weeks with a decimated squad .
And …. Also , whilst we went on a ten game unbeaten start to the season , we all knew it couldn’t last and said so on here …

Postco's shown a lot of promise with his first steps in English football. He's certainly won a lot of friends & i'd probably count myself as one of them.

As a player i expect hot & cold streaks especially with such a young squad in place. Even still measures should be set in place to prevent such alarming turns in form from occurring again. People keep highlighting our injury crisis & they'd be right to do so. It did impact us quite significantly. What was the answer. Buy more players? We couldn't as the window was still a month or so away from opening.

The next option was to use youth. Again, most were already out on loan & those remaining were not deemed match ready. I think we can all agree this was the correct call by Ange & his training team.

The final option was to change tactics by either changing shape or dropping the full tilt press. Instead we stuck to Ange's tried & tested & tbf to the guys our performances didn't falter but as should be expected in the cut & thrust of the PL, no prisoners are ever taken. We lost points, a lot of them. That could still prove costly.

I think most, although i can't speak for everybody here would prefer a more measured approach from time to time. We aren't the finished article people say, then why go toe to toe with our opponents when we're at a disadvantage then? We should instead be playing to our strengths. That is the one criticism that can be aimed at Ange & one he really shouldn't ignore moving forward.

Not sure if this is the right thread...but this morning I read an article in the Express regards an interview with Gordon Strachan, remember him lol!

Well in a shortened version he said how impressed/excited he was with Angie and his Spurs side, their attitude, the way they play, organised mayhem etc, saying it had brought even more excitement to the Prem Lge, with the go for it football, long may it last.

Plus that he was impressed that Angie was my way or no way, no turning, and that the players were buying into it and loved it.

Bissy n Maddy were now back, plus others, in his words watch em go. COYS

Must echo Walt's comments, in reality we are only 6 months into AP's management, and we've seen a massive change in playing style, personnel and indeed results.
People complain about our front 3 yet we're averaging 2/3 goals every game and those goals are spread throughout the team.
We have had quite afew weeks in and around Christmas which saw injuries/suspension to between 6/8 first team players, then the international competitions which took players away.
We just now have about all hands on deck, for the first time, let's see how it goes, and see what we need to improve for next season.
For me I'm enjoying the ride, no pressure on us.

Must echo Walt's comments, in reality we are only 6 months into AP's management, and we've seen a massive change in playing style, personnel and indeed results.
People complain about our front 3 yet we're averaging 2/3 goals every game and those goals are spread throughout the team.
We have had quite afew weeks in and around Christmas which saw injuries/suspension to between 6/8 first team players, then the international competitions which took players away.
We just now have about all hands on deck, for the first time, let's see how it goes, and see what we need to improve for next season.
For me I'm enjoying the ride, no pressure on us.
Exactly Nial, you n Walt (y), no pressure on us as a team, all pressure coming from too high expectations of some fans after only 6 or 7 months of Angie in charge.

All the Squad bar 2 back together again, now earn ya corn Angie, just as you expect, mate! ditto the players!

This season what will be will be! riding up the league, lol!

I am not expecting just wishing, ever the optimist lol! COYS

Looks like we are continuing to scout Europe for up and coming talents.

Tottenham are taking big steps to sign ‘highly talented’ midfielder Boris Mamuzah Lum from Hertha Berlin.

That’s according to BILD, who say Tottenham have already had the 16-year-old in England as he has ‘already visited’ their facilities.

They explain that Lum is currently captaining Germany’s U17s at the Algarve Cup in Portugal, and, alongside Bayern Munich and Bayer Leverkusen, many top clubs are keeping track of him.

Ajax, Barcelona and RB Salzburg have been showing an interest for a long time while ‘things are now getting very hot’ with Tottenham.
The ‘highly talented’ defensive midfielder has even travelled to London at Tottenham’s invitation at the end of December 2023 alongside his mother. He also attended the home game against Bournemouth, and it was here that he was being ‘persuaded’ to move to England.

Postco's shown a lot of promise with his first steps in English football. He's certainly won a lot of friends & i'd probably count myself as one of them.

As a player i expect hot & cold streaks especially with such a young squad in place. Even still measures should be set in place to prevent such alarming turns in form from occurring again. People keep highlighting our injury crisis & they'd be right to do so. It did impact us quite significantly. What was the answer. Buy more players? We couldn't as the window was still a month or so away from opening.

The next option was to use youth. Again, most were already out on loan & those remaining were not deemed match ready. I think we can all agree this was the correct call by Ange & his training team.

The final option was to change tactics by either changing shape or dropping the full tilt press. Instead we stuck to Ange's tried & tested & tbf to the guys our performances didn't falter but as should be expected in the cut & thrust of the PL, no prisoners are ever taken. We lost points, a lot of them. That could still prove costly.

I think most, although i can't speak for everybody here would prefer a more measured approach from time to time. We aren't the finished article people say, then why go toe to toe with our opponents when we're at a disadvantage then? We should instead be playing to our strengths. That is the one criticism that can be aimed at Ange & one he really shouldn't ignore moving forward.
Steve , I am in no way disagreeing with your post , which is full of great comments ..

The only point I would like to debate , is the bit about playing to our strengths .

Isn’t that what Conte and Mourhino did , when our strengths were breaking at speed with the relationship between Kane and Son as , almost , our only outlet .

In my book , Ange is teaching us new strengths , from top to bottom .

The absence of nearly all the back line and midfield wasnt going to allow him to forego his style of playing .

What he has now is almost everyone available , if not fit , and everyone coached to his way . No matter who comes in as others drop out .

Just my thought s mate … there to be shot at .

Steve , I am in no way disagreeing with your post , which is full of great comments ..

The only point I would like to debate , is the bit about playing to our strengths .

Isn’t that what Conte and Mourhino did , when our strengths were breaking at speed with the relationship between Kane and Son as , almost , our only outlet .

The absence of nearly all the back line and midfield wasnt going to allow him to forego his style of playing .

What he has now is almost everyone available , if not fit , and everyone coached to his way . No matter who comes in as others drop out .

They did Walt, unfortunately they stuck with it for over half a season making us far too easy to read. I'd like to see our game management tweaked when needed. It only takes subtle changes to make the difference sometimes.

I know peeps want their entertainment but it's also about winning games. I just worry that if Ange continues we'll become all too predictable & will fall short again.

Against City we were all bark & no bite & against Brighton & Hove Albion we got a huge stroke of luck. Neither performance was convincing, far from it in fact.

Sadly, I have to disagree with yours, even if you didn't/weren't disagreeing with Steve's lol!

Cunte and the Special dick one, didn't play to our strengths, they played to their view of how to win football games, and bought poorly or slow burners into the bargain. Kane can barely 'break at speed' anymore and couldn't for the last few years, he adapted his game to drop deep and become as much of a chance creator as he was a goal scorer.

As for Conte his grid defensive system, was about as unsuited to us as I've ever seen - despite all thsoe who thought that if it won games, it was worth it.

Ange's system of play is and will be a high burn-out rate, but even before the additions he's shown it can transform your tactical approach, and yes, it does have its problems;

Our defence now is as porous as it's ever been, if not worse - but his approach is to compensate by scoring more than the opposition - which has meant we have now scored in all his 24 games in charge, which is an amazing state of affairs....and aren't we all now as one on the edge of our seats, even if it feels like our home crowd is soon to be rushed to A&E for suspected heart attack?!

Ange's tactics will most likely evolve , as we will do with better technical players - and we are still desperately missing a proper midfield general - which all great winning silverware teams have, but we don't, yet!

Sadly, I have to disagree with yours, even if you didn't/weren't disagreeing with Steve's lol!

Cunte and the Special dick one, didn't play to our strengths, they played to their view of how to win football games, and bought poorly or slow burners into the bargain. Kane can barely 'break at speed' anymore and couldn't for the last few years, he adapted his game to drop deep and become as much of a chance creator as he was a goal scorer.

As for Conte his grid defensive system, was about as unsuited to us as I've ever seen - despite all thsoe who thought that if it won games, it was worth it.

Ange's system of play is and will be a high burn-out rate, but even before the additions he's shown it can transform your tactical approach, and yes, it does have its problems;

Our defence now is as porous as it's ever been, if not worse - but his approach is to compensate by scoring more than the opposition - which has meant we have now scored in all his 24 games in charge, which is an amazing state of affairs....and aren't we all now as one on the edge of our seats, even if it feels like our home crowd is soon to be rushed to A&E for suspected heart attack?!

Ange's tactics will most likely evolve , as we will do with better technical players - and we are still desperately missing a proper midfield general - which all great winning silverware teams have, but we don't, yet!
Did we miss a trick not returning for Eriksen or had he already made his mind up to go elsewhere?

He is supposedly being sold by manure in the summer, could he still have a role as backup to Maddison? Not sure some of the fan base have forgiven him for the way he exited the club.
The reason he's being sold by them is he can't cut it in the PL anymore, he's got slower and slower (and he was never the quickest) and his stamina is clearly on the wane, Ange ball would probably kill him, I'd rather he found a nicely cosy, not too stressful place in a less intense league somewhere.

The reason he's being sold by them is he can't cut it in the PL anymore, he's got slower and slower (and he was never the quickest) and his stamina is clearly on the wane, Ange ball would probably kill him, I'd rather he found a nicely cosy, not too stressful place in a less intense league somewhere.
I was viewing him as a Super Sub if you will but as you say, age has finally caught up with him.