The Grim vs the Grecians | Page 3 | Vital Football

The Grim vs the Grecians

Maloney take your hands out of your pockets open the door and fuck off!

Not a fucking clue how to break teams down, to wrapped up in trying to be clever instead of going at teams every week.

Oh and thanks for the half hearted applause to the East stand at the end, sling your hook you useless get.
😂

We weren't at our best today especially in the first half, but the positives to take away were that Jonny Smith looks better and better on the right and Charlie Kelman looks a whole lot better than we had prior to the window closing.

Both goals were deflected past Tickle, who had both shots covered. Unlucky, probably, but on the whole we were the poorer side today. Onwards we go, Oxford on Tuesday and hoping for a better result.

A game of 2 halves there.....static, slow & devious of any ideas first half...2nd half slightly better but with more tempo we'dhave made a better game of it. Adeko...wtf is this guy doing, can't control a ball, doesn't see a pass & is a liability. Hughes...his long balls are either sublime or way off the mark, sadly today they was way off the mark. Humphreys, wtf is with this guy of late, couldn’t look more disinterested if he tried, sauntered around the pitch for the vast majority of his time. As to the clown of a ref....yet another inept, clueless & shite ref to add to the list. Their two goals were a joke given the outrageous deflections but we can't complain too much as we did similar at there place by scoring against the run of play. All in all a pretty dire performance with our lack of speed, desire & application.....f@ck sake SM, get them a wee bit more positive thinking & play the ball a bit quicker.

Maloney has upset the defence leaving Morrison out. Seven conceded in 3 games, no one is closing down and getting the blocks in which Morrison is brilliant at. Stevenage third was exactly the same as today. Matt Smith a huge miss, the Adeeko Smith combo just doesn’t work for me. J Smith and Kelman were excellent and injected much needed pace. Last two games sums up the season to date, I’m expecting it to be the same until May.

I thought Exeter were a well-organized side who played some nice one touch passing. They got lucky with the two deflections and managed the game very well and never looked like losing. I think Gary has really turned them around after a very sticky patch in which most managers wouldent have survived, well done to the Exeter board for that.
Week by week, we continue to frustrate the life out of me, we go from the sublime to the ridiculous. We are what we are though a team 4 short of being a very good side yet come the summer we will be 12 short of being competitive. Personally, I can't wait for this season to end.

Very disappointing first half that ultimately cost us. It seems we were happier to take risks going backwards than forwards - Clare's throw in that led to the first goal being a prime example. Deflected goals are unlucky on the keeper but are also a sign of slow closing down. Hughes and Goode seemed to be constantly picking at each other too, so the chemistry isn't there yet.
Scott Smith was fantastic though and Jonny Smith and Kelman made a difference when they came on. Would much preferred to have seen McManaman come on when Humphreys did though.
A win today really could have taken a huge weight off from what is beneath us, but ultimately there was no major harm done

The players probably feel hard done by today but there was very little quality on display and as supporters we are just going to have to accept we’re a bang average league 1 team. Exeter weren’t any better but had the luck today which we had against them at their place.

Kelman did well when he came on and Jonny Smith gave us an outlet on the right. I’d have liked to see him and Jones swap sides so they could get crosses in from the byline using their stronger foot rather than having to keep coming back or cutting inside.

I don't think its a laughing matter, we are fuckin' shit and apart from a handful of games we have been all season, how the fuck can you laugh at that?
Sorry mate ... I thought the Bernard Manning comments on the other thread had gone to your head and you were trying to tell a joke ... after all, why else would anyone lay the blame at the feet of the Manager? ... never mind suggesting he should bugger off !

He clearly wasn't happy on a number of times during the first half, which is probably why he made 3 changes at half time.

That first half, the players didn't help themselves. Far too often, they weren't finding space and making themselves available, and equally as often, when we did make passes, they were poor ones meaning that the recipient had to alter their stride/stop/or even turn back. That said, both Aasgard and Godo had excellent headed opportunities, from which they should have both done better.

On page 1 of this thread, I said I thought we got rid of Caldwell early, and that we'd probably have stayed up if we'd kept him ...whether or not that would have happened, I don't know, but his team certainly played some nice football this afternoon.

Oh, and welcome to Charlie Kelman ... I reckon we might enjoy watching him a bit more in coming weeks.

Last edited:
Now we are getting somewhere without the usual dickheads making excuses and/or finding it funny.

Matt Smith back Tuesday, J. Smith, Morrison and Kelman must start.

Magennis and Humprhys must not even make the bench the pair of them are taking the piss and it's gone beyond a joke now, give Cal Mac more minutes, Shaun at least have a think about it instead of rash/panic decisions.

God only knows what the team selection will be Tuesday.

Edit, Stick Mageniss and Humphrys in the U-23's until the end of the season then they can fuck off, they won't be missed.

Last edited:
Very disappointing first half that ultimately cost us. It seems we were happier to take risks going backwards than forwards - Clare's throw in that led to the first goal being a prime example. Deflected goals are unlucky on the keeper but are also a sign of slow closing down. Hughes and Goode seemed to be constantly picking at each other too, so the chemistry isn't there yet.
Scott Smith was fantastic though and Jonny Smith and Kelman made a difference when they came on. Would much preferred to have seen McManaman come on when Humphreys did though.
A win today really could have taken a huge weight off from what is beneath us, but ultimately there was no major harm done
Was there someone else on the pitch called Scott Smith who was "fantastic" - because the one I was watching was far from fantastic, they had four shots by midfielders where S.Smith left completely, he is yet another that does not move off the ball when not in possession and turns back instead of looking forward when he does have the ball.