Wednesdays fans forum - whos going from here? | Page 6 | Vital Football

Wednesdays fans forum - whos going from here?

For me RS comes across as more of a manager type (or head coach) than SC, who seems more like a student of the game with his love of stats.
Kenny spoke well and said it had been a steep learning curve for him as well in his director of football role.

Brad (and KJ) sound like promotion is pretty much a must this season.
Interesting. I was admittedly only half listening, but thought Brad seemed a bit more muted on that with more emphasis placed on doing things the right (sustainable) way rather than having any timetable for success.

Feels like we’ve got a lot of the ‘finding what these Americans are all about’ stuff out of our system now, so less getting to know you & less questions asked about grand plans for the future. And less of a PR job needed so Brad & Shan taking a back seat and letting the football guys & Joe do most of the talking.

Some interesting insight from across the panel. Nice to hear at length from Kenny & Robbie for a change, clear we have a good amount of (under appreciated?) experience throughout the club. Clem continues to come across well, seems thoughtful, open & honest.

Often the most boring subjects that turn out to be the most informative - alongside KJ’s comments on transfers & fees, Joe’s explanation of the shirt situation was surprisingly interesting.

Interesting. I was admittedly only half listening, but thought Brad seemed a bit more muted on that with more emphasis placed on doing things the right (sustainable) way rather than having any timetable for success.
KJ seemed like the one more determined to get promotion this season, I guess it falls on him as much if not more than SC if we don’t.

Good presentation by BLOC - we are lucky to have them.
Felt very sorry for Joe Comper & Co. when he explained about going to the FA to defend the club regarding the behaviour of some "supporters" and how much effort it takes the commercial department to raise £12K, the amount the club was fined.

Yes. I also felt a little sorry for him when the bloke belligerently harangued him about smokers' corner. I thought he dealt with it brilliantly and gave a fair answer. Good on him.

It's down to everybody now not to fuck it up for each other.

Last edited:
absolutely horrendous that our goalkeeper got called out tonight and the idiots that clapped, I can’t remember feeling so annoyed for a long time. That I feel crossed the line!
Also someone, on here ridiculed KJ explaining his role and he couldn’t. Think he did, and explained about learning about contracts, obvious to me he is learning so that Scally won’t be the one looking after the contracts etc and he will then leave.
thought Steve and Robbie were good and I just think we are signing younger and we are building something long term not shortterm
Night night

absolutely horrendous that our goalkeeper got called out tonight and the idiots that clapped, I can’t remember feeling so annoyed for a long time. That I feel crossed the line!
Also someone, on here ridiculed KJ explaining his role and he couldn’t. Think he did, and explained about learning about contracts, obvious to me he is learning so that Scally won’t be the one looking after the contracts etc and he will then leave.
thought Steve and Robbie were good and I just think we are signing younger and we are building something long term not shortterm
Night night

Yes, things at the club haven't been this positive since the early years of the Scally era. And even then there were signs of disharmony and sense that the Chairman was 'winging it's a bit.

This time it seems that finally the club is being run in the right way. Yes, there are things that can be improved but that is always going to be the case. What's important is that both on and off the pitch improvements are being made. We're going in the right direction by recruiting young players and having a B team.

I was shocked though to hear that we're the only club that hasn't got a community engagement programme (or whatever it's called, not sure if I've got that exactly right!), that's embarrassing. Pleased to hear that's going to be rectified.

absolutely horrendous that our goalkeeper got called out tonight

Clemence gave a decent answer in the circumstances, however perhaps another example where he could have been more assertive. Shooting the **** who asked the question would have left nobody in any doubt about who was in charge.

Second edition of The Home of the Shouting Men being made!

I don't really do regrets, but I bitterly regret selling my first edition, I loved that book, but I was a desperately poor student and even 20 years ago it was worth over 100 quid. 😕
I have a first edition. It’s why my address is secret.

Unless i missed it, there was no update on Brian Moore stand plans?
Brad gave the clearest hint yet as to refurbing the Brian Moore Stand and no-one followed up with a question.

I enjoyed it. Often at the AGMs and forums with Scally and other managers you get waffle or polite stalling. Here we get an insight as to the dressing room, the footballing decisions, business plans and a general view of the culture.

I think as well you don’t get bravado. When answering a question re: the new stadium Brad is more realistic, saying it’s not our priority given we’re in League 2.

With Scally he would try and fool you into getting excited over some non-news development. “The manager of my local Costa said he’ll happily open a franchise on this bit of land we’re begging for.”

Bit of a non-event. No decent questions.

SOB didn’t turn up, surprise, surprise.

Nobody questioned the rationale for the Harris sacking which, IMO, should have been the first topic.
Read between the lines .The recruitment policy is long term going to be younger Harris clearly prefers more established players.Harris didn't have the coaching pedigree Clemence has .The average age of the new recruits was about 22.Harris recruitment average must have been around 30 .
I agree that the footballing questions were of generally poor quality.I frankly was disappointed in the lack of a question about the new direction although I do think Kenny made It fairly clear to me .I'm not sure guys like the guy that asked about Nichols and Andrews understood what way we were now heading.

It staggers me that anyone could prefer the route we we taking under Harris. It was clear from last night that Kenny and Harris had a different vision.The direction Harris wanted to take was largely similar to Evans the tactics might have been slightly different and the voice very different. But both would have cost the club and therefore the fans money that largely the fans don't have .
The January transfer window was very different under Clemence.He definitely believe that he and Robbie can improve players and develop a team.
Surely that is Gills best bet of achieving success.While Galinson investment is most welcome having a group of players likely to go up in value has to be the best route forward . Especially while things are so tough for the majority of people.
Perhaps some wanted a massive spending spree from the chairman.But how many times has that gone tits up around the country.This way we can improve year on year without massive spending by the chairman or fans . Meaning that the Galinson's can spend on ground improvements and players when we really are in a position to push for the championship.