Wednesdays fans forum - whos going from here? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Wednesdays fans forum - whos going from here?

I'll be there. Have enjoyed the openness of the previous ones. These are intelligent people so I fully expect them to know the subject matter of the questions likely to be asked. Obviously there will be limits on the extent & content of answers. So for example I wouldn't anticipate any additional explanation about the dismissal of Harris. As ever it's hoped the questions are asked in a polite manner & relate to interesting topics of broad appeal.

A question for SC. Why do we keep 11 men back at opposition corners? We will never score on the break. We should always put our fastest player on the halfway line to chase any clearance. By putting one of our players there, one of theirs would follow him. If we scored once this season on the break it would be 1 more than not putting a player there. At the moment if we clear the ball their last defender just hoofs it back into our area.

I could understand if we were a goal up with 5 minutes to go.

A question for SC. Why do we keep 11 men back at opposition corners? We will never score on the break. We should always put our fastest player on the halfway line to chase any clearance. By putting one of our players there, one of theirs would follow him. If we scored once this season on the break it would be 1 more than not putting a player there. At the moment if we clear the ball their last defender just hoofs it back into our area.

Agreed drives me mad.

Goal number 2 and to a lesser extent number 3 your honour !!

Come & joins us in the RE Block 5 Row Q we've been saying this for years. Does our collective nuts in. Especially when some players are more of a liability in their own penalty area. Got to leave Walker & Hurtado up with their pace.

If we leave one player up when defending corners then the opposition will leave a player in defence.

Does it follow that, if we leave two players up, then the opposition will keep 2 defenders back to give cover?

If so, surely it follows that we should leave all our players up when defending corners?

Decent question Chris.

I think it’s actually been a fair part of our policy over the year so far. We’ve brought in youngsters Ethan Coleman, Jayden Clarke, Shad Ogie, Orgi, now Josh Andrews and we’ve paid fees for some of them.

Interesting comment about Andrews being a “longer term” project. I wonder how long his contract is?
There will no doubt be loads of daft questions.The long term player recruitment policy is important and might be a good reason to keep Kenny in place.As against having to totally change course again when we change managers.
Length of contracts they understandably might want to keep in house I totally get that.

Neil Harris was replaced as the Club wished to go in a "different direction". As the on pitch performances do not seem to have changed, can you expand on what the different direction is and when we can expect to see results on the pitch?
I think that is largely the same question as mine
"Are the recent signings signal a long term change of direction on recruitment policy"?

"Are the recent signings signal a long term change of direction on recruitment policy"?
Were the January transfer window dealings designed to lower the playing budget, what with 2 of the club’s higher earners in Nichols and Bonne being moved on?
4 players signed but 4 also left suggests books had to be balanced and the overall budget is likely lower this side of the window now than before?
Are we close to the FFP limit now?

If we leave one player up when defending corners then the opposition will leave a player in defence.

Does it follow that, if we leave two players up, then the opposition will keep 2 defenders back to give cover?

If so, surely it follows that we should leave all our players up when defending corners?

Apparently the stats say you should bring everyone back for corners, and that may also be the reason why teams less often have a player on the post. To have a realistic chance of getting on the end of a hoof out of defence, you probably need at least two up, to cover more ground.

That said, I did like our creative thinking against Sutton when we had a late corner, put only two players in the box and then still worked it across to Coleman who nearly scored.

I don't think they are Chris. Your question asks IF the recruitments (in January) signify a change.

Mine "reminds" the owners of a statement they made THAT the sacking (which I believe was NH's view) last year was the start of a change which hasn't (in my view) been forthcoming in any way on the pitch since NH departed. And asks for clarification and timescale.

Do we not wonder if something right out of left field could be announced on Wednesday?

I don’t know if anything will but this was planned well before transfer deadline day and I just wonder if it’s a meet and greet with the fans to cover off the usual questions or if something is on the horizon.

I don't think they are Chris. Your question asks IF the recruitments (in January) signify a change.

Mine "reminds" the owners of a statement they made THAT the sacking (which I believe was NH's view) last year was the start of a change which hasn't (in my view) been forthcoming in any way on the pitch since NH departed. And asks for clarification and timescale.
You can't play a high pressing game without the players to operate that way.With our new our new front line SC should be able to provided the midfield gets themselves up and down the pitch.

Someone will ask about tactics, budget and the rest very early on and the answers we get will be as exhaustive as we are going to get. Repeating the same questions every which way won't bring better or more satisfactory answers and it's frustrating to observe and listen to. That said people will and should ask whatever they want and I hope for a few left field questions, we usually get a few both amusing and informative, both good.

Updates on either ground move or doing something about the BMS.

If we are staying put for at least a few seasons (very likely) then surely something could and should be done about the BMS.

I honestly thought we’d be doing something about it during last summer, or at a push this summer. But doesn’t sound like anything is going to be done.

I know we aren’t currently selling out, but I think the early season crowds, plus the Sheff U crowd, showed that if we were scrapping at the top of the league or playing bigger games then we will sell out. Would be good if we could get that sell out figure back above 10k or 11k again.

Struck me when five live were there, They started talking about what a tidy little ground it was and it surprised one of the commentators ( it was his first time) how good it was. But then they turned to and started mocking the away end that’s what everyones take away was.

Get that sorted and instead of being famous nationwide for the shittiest away end in the league, we would be know as a team that has a very decent stadium
All good PR And , whatever some people might think it will help boost away crowds, atmosphere and revenue.