Premier League Match Thread: AFC Bournemouth Vs Nottingham Forest, sponsored by the PGMOL complaints department (otherwise known as a bin) | Page 20 | Vital Football

Premier League Match Thread: AFC Bournemouth Vs Nottingham Forest, sponsored by the PGMOL complaints department (otherwise known as a bin)

Old bastards music 😂😂

Yeah I can just imagine you bouncing around at Ed Sheeran “ getting down with the kids “ with your big shiny Prince William head and ridiculous dancing.

NO SHAME
To think I regretted getting you banned and then you go and diss 'Owd Ed'. Beyond the pale there chap. I mean, he's no Big Sam but you should still be ashamed.

For such a tall man, he didn't command his area very well.
1.88m is pretty average for a keeper nowadays (that's 6'-2" I know that because I'm 1.88m too) anyway, I thought he did well. In my opinion he looked like a new goalie, with a new team, I didn't see any major errors. I saw him talking to his defenders, I saw Yatesy clap him when he passed a ball out pronto. I saw a couple of solid punches. I saw him check and double check the wall on a couple of dangerous area freekicks.

I heard the Bournemouth fans winding him up when he received a back pass, they were expecting a few howlers, but he did OK, after 10 or so back passes that he looked after, their fans seemed to stop with the noise.

I noticed his distribution kicks were low angled and seemed to be targeted rather than just high and away. One time, when he came way out to boot away was a bit iffy, but I put that down to 1st game exuberance, trying to command.

There were a few times I would call 'a failure to communicate' but that will get better. Defense seemed a bit more confident in his abilities, so they will feed of each others confidence I hope.

Just like a new person in a new job, it's a work in progress but, IMO, way better than the other options we have.

Look at the difference between how we defended against them today and how we did the last time we played them? Murillo and Omo played Sollanke completely out of the game today whereas he was unplayable in December. If that doesn’t show the naysayers that Nuno has improved us between those two games, i don’t know what would.

We are improving with important players to return.

Old bastards music 😂😂

Yeah I can just imagine you bouncing around at Ed Sheeran “ getting down with the kids “ with your big shiny Prince William head and ridiculous dancing.

NO SHAME
Leave him alone, he’d make a great lead singer in a Bad Manners cover band chap!

Look at the difference between how we defended against them today and how we did the last time we played them? Murillo and Omo played Sollanke completely out of the game today whereas he was unplayable in December. If that doesn’t show the naysayers that Nuno has improved us between those two games, i don’t know what would.

We are improving with important players to return.

100% correct. The first Bournemouth game was a freak match with the Boly red card and all the other stuff. Solankie was absolutely on fire that day , three chances boom and a hat-trick. Yesterday our finishing let us down , but most of our team played well IMO.

If you watched the West Ham v Bournemouth game the other night ( I did with my brother in law who’s a west Han fan ) they absolutely played West Ham off the pitch at the London Stadium. Totally ran them ragged and how they didn’t win the game I’ll never know.

We were much the better side yesterday against them and we don’t look like a team that’s “ just grateful to be here” anymore, we actually look like we’re meant to be here.

100% correct. The first Bournemouth game was a freak match with the Boly red card and all the other stuff. Solankie was absolutely on fire that day , three chances boom and a hat-trick. Yesterday our finishing let us down , but most of our team played well IMO.

If you watched the West Ham v Bournemouth game the other night ( I did with my brother in law who’s a west Han fan ) they absolutely played West Ham off the pitch at the London Stadium. Totally ran them ragged and how they didn’t win the game I’ll never know.

We were much the better side yesterday against them and we don’t look like a team that’s “ just grateful to be here” anymore, we actually look like we’re meant to be here.
Stats are not very thing but good indicators. At Bournemouth we had as much possession, slightly higher. Mor shots on target and they fouled us more often. They also had a red and should of had another. When did we last show stats like that home or away. Bournemouth are one of the form sides. We were cheated out of a result at City ground and possibly at Vitality. We are beginning to dominate teams not just rely on breaks. Performance comes first, followed by results then runs. I am seeing improvement. I spect a further step up when recent additions settle in to structure and players return from AFCON.

No idea but lienking interpreting that radio nottm and nuno intimating it could be a long time…?

I didn't interpret anything. Nuno didn't say anything . Apparently he patted the reporter on the shoulder and gave a very cryptic response (to the question is CW just out ill). The reporter then came back on air saying that after investigating more , he had been told that Chris Wood would be out for "a long time".

Last edited:
For Wednesday night we have four players at AFCON and one on compassionate leave. Yates and Dominguez out after two yellows. CHO, Wood and Origi out of attack. We can play four goalkeepers.

I’m just worried about Forest this season. We were better in the second period of the first half, but second half we were poor - terrible when we had an extra man… I just think the team looks very pedestrian and seems to really lack belief or drive.

Of course it can change, but it just doesn’t seem quite right to me and I feel we can concede at any given moment when we give anything away. We’re getting players back so I’m really hopeful we’ll start to gel and find our groove, but when I look at other teams around us, they just look more at it.

I’m just worried about Forest this season. We were better in the second period of the first half, but second half we were poor - terrible when we had an extra man… I just think the team looks very pedestrian and seems to really lack belief or drive.

Of course it can change, but it just doesn’t seem quite right to me and I feel we can concede at any given moment when we give anything away. We’re getting players back so I’m really hopeful we’ll start to gel and find our groove, but when I look at other teams around us, they just look more at it.
The worry for me is how many games we "nearly" get a win, or "nearly" get a draw. We seem to be keeping most games tight, but constantly come out on the wrong side of the result.

The worry for me is how many games we "nearly" get a win, or "nearly" get a draw. We seem to be keeping most games tight, but constantly come out on the wrong side of the result.

You’re right - last season under Cooper, even though we often didn’t really deserve it, we’d jam a 1-0 win through being clinical and in the second half of the season, managing to shut up shop at home. At the moment we just look a bit out of ideas and totally penetrable (shush all of you!)

The feel good factor that luton are thriving on has completely deserted us and at times I feel we’re just going through the motions. I really hope players coming back changes that, but I’m not as convinced as some.

Are Boly and Sangare really the difference? Maybe Boly is with his arial dominance, but going forward, we need to be bit more direct and willing to go at teams with the pace we have, like we did againt Newcastle.