Premier League Match Thread: AFC Bournemouth Vs Nottingham Forest, sponsored by the PGMOL complaints department (otherwise known as a bin) | Vital Football

Premier League Match Thread: AFC Bournemouth Vs Nottingham Forest, sponsored by the PGMOL complaints department (otherwise known as a bin)

Pope John XXIII

Vital Football Legend
I'm going to keep this fairly short. Bournemouth is not a club I have a lot of love for. They have had some pretty astonishing referee decisions against us in recent seasons (Surridge's no penalty, Surridge again with a goal disallowed last season, and Wily Boly). I've found their fans unpleasant; not on Brentford levels obviously, but still very definably so.

They have done well under their new manager, after a terrible start and now sit six points clear of us. And they've done that by winning their six pointers. They have won five of their six pointers so far, including a completely undeserved win at the City Ground that was daylight robbery.

We have won one all season. Which wasn't even a six pointer because Blades are gone.

Nuno has played two of these games and lost both. Both to conceding three absolutely diabolical goals that no side wanting to stay in the league should be conceding.

So it's time to shit or get off the pot. We don't have a full squad back yet but we are close enough. Elanga and Taiwo can play a part. Niakhate is back. No excuses. We cannot lose this game. We can't afford to draw it really.

I said it last time and it proved all too true, and I'll say it this time as well; stop Dominic Solanke. That's all you need to know about Bournemouth

Bournemouth Style

Bournemouth are, like most in the lower reaches who do well, a team that uses short passes and then well judged long balls to exploit skilful play down the wings to devastating effect- exactly like us when we are at our best. We have both scored a similar number of goals (their 29 to our 27) and it's a huge surprise to me to see we have both conceded the same (40).

Screenshot_20240204_073229_Samsung Internet.jpg
They have really skilful players in attack; Alex Scott, who predictably is back from injury to play us, plus Tavernier and Semenyo. But ultimately it's all about Solanke, with his 13 goals. No one else has any numbers worth talking about.

Stop Solanke.

Bournemouth Formation
Is almost certainly going to be this. They have pretty much their full team available, in contrast to us of course.
Screenshot_20240204_073248_Samsung Internet.jpg

Bournemouth Players.

Bournemouth have spent about £180m on players since promotion, and sold absolutely no one; which puts them on a higher net spend than us I believe. This coming after spending heavily in the championship January transfer window and keeping Solanke for two years on Premier League wages. But hey ho.

The upshot being, they have good players and in fairness to them, probably have a higher hit rate than we do

Screenshot_20240204_073316_Samsung Internet.jpg
In attack, it's all Solanke with the goals. 13 for the season, next best is Semenyo on three. Only 8 of their current players have been on the scoresheet (10 for us). Solanke scored three absolutely disgraceful goals at the CG from our point of view; brilliant striker goals, but diabolical defending for all three of them, particularly in the air. Stop Solanke and you largely stop Bournemouth.

Behind him is Alex Scott, who they bought for £20m from Bristol. He's only started 5 games due to injury, but is a great player and many on here were keen for us to try to sign him, and rightly so. He has performed best this season from the pivot role, but can do absolutely everything.

We know about Marcus Tavernier. He didn't impress me like I thought he would at the CG. His performance numbers looked amazing then (2 goals, four assists) but since then they haven't actually improved. He remains their second best performing player over the season, but apart from their game against Spurs, he has been fairly meh in performance recently.

Antoine Semenyo caused us problems at the CG as I said he would. 3 goals, 1 assist and typically he is Ghanaian so the curse of Chris Hughton's shitness strikes us yet again and he is here to play against us.

Let's not forget their other options. Phillip-fucking-Billing who has been an absolute bastard to us for season after season 2 goals, 2 assists.

They also have Justin Kluivert who has a couple of goals and has looked really good at times playing up front.

Most likely from the bench will be Luis Sinisterra, who has a couple of goals and an assist from the bench and came on against us.

Most likely in the pivot will be Lewis Cook and Ryan Christie. Cook is more an outright DCM in his strengths while Christie, a 28 year old Scot, is a great player who can tackle, dribble, pass, advance, everything. Both are right near the top of their performance charts.

Can't be arsed to do their defence other than to point out that in Neto, they have a goalkeeper who somehow manages to avoid giving the opposition a one goal subsidy in every game through his own shit mistakes.

Oh, and Adam Smith, the cheating **** who stamped on Boly and then pretended he'd been shot to get him sent off.

Here is the full squad
Screenshot_20240204_084257_Samsung Internet.jpg

Form

This is not their overall form (overall it has been good but they just lost to Spurs and Liverpool, no disgrace there); it is their away form in the PL.

Screenshot_20240204_082656_Samsung Internet.jpg
They have taken advantage of weakness here. They have played a lot of sides at a really good time and taken full advantage, winning a lot of 6 pointers.

Nuno take note; we are going to have to replicate this if we are going to survive in this league. Because we don't have enough winnable home games to do it at the CG. We are going to have to win the six pointers away.

Starting today.

Who's the w*****r in the black?

Today we have the Premier League's new female referee, Rebecca Welch. This will be only her second ever Premier League game, but I can confidently say she has no chance of being worse than Rob Jones.

Welch has never refereed Forest before. She could start well by finding a reason to give us only our second penalty of the season if she likes.

On VAR is Peter Bankes, not sure what his history with us is. But his name is not Rob Jones, so it's a tentative 👍

Head to Head.

Pretty grim

Screenshot_20240204_083008_Samsung Internet.jpg
The first game on this list was actually the first time we had played Bournemouth since 1951 in the Third Division South.

We actually did the double over them under Pearce and Freedman in 14/15. But apart from that, these are a real bogey team for us and we've never been able to get anything out of them.

Weather
The fact that we still have loads of players out and they do not means that Bournemouth has managed to escape hurricanes, tornados and typhoons for this weekend and their ground thus remains safe from a loose advertising hoarding forcing it's closure.

Screenshot_20240204_083901_Met Office.jpg

It will be dull down there, hopefully not from us on the pitch though.

Last edited:
Still quality Pope. With players missing, anything we get out of this would be a bonus but a totally undeserved and possibly even controversial win for us would go some way to making up for the Home defeat.

I never used to have any issues with Bournemouth in fact I used to quite admire them for what such a small club achieved. Then I was made aware of their fan comments regarding us and now I absolutely loath them. I can't actually remember ever having beat them!!
I'd love a victory today but I very much doubt it but we do owe them a thrashing big time.
Fully expecting another defeat today.

I'm going to keep this fairly short. Bournemouth is not a club I have a lot of love for. They have had some pretty astonishing referee decisions against us in recent seasons (Surridge's no penalty, Surridge again with a goal disallowed last season, and Wily Boly). I've found their fans unpleasant; not on Brentford levels obviously, but still very definably so.

They have done well under their new manager, after a terrible start and now sit six points clear of us. And they've done that by winning their six pointers. They have won five of their six pointers so far, including a completely undeserved win at the City Ground that was daylight robbery.

We have won one all season. Which wasn't even a six pointer because Blades are gone.

Nuno has played two of these games and lost both. Both to conceding three absolutely diabolical goals that no side wanting to stay in the league should be conceding.

So it's time to shit or get off the pot. We don't have a full squad back yet but we are close enough. Elanga and Taiwo can play a part. Niakhate is back. No excuses. We cannot lose this game. We can't afford to draw it really.

I said it last time and it proved all too true, and I'll say it this time as well; stop Dominic Solanke. That's all you need to know about Bournemouth

Bournemouth Style

Bournemouth are, like most in the lower reaches who do well, a team that uses short passes and then well judged long balls to exploit skilful play down the wings to devastating effect- exactly like us when we are at our best. We have both scored a similar number of goals (their 29 to our 27) and it's a huge surprise to me to see we have both conceded the same (40).

View attachment 71370
They have really skilful players in attack; Alex Scott, who predictably is back from injury to play us, plus Tavernier and Semenyo. But ultimately it's all about Solanke, with his 13 goals. No one else has any numbers worth talking about.

Stop Solanke.

Bournemouth Formation
Is almost certainly going to be this. They have pretty much their full team available, in contrast to us of course.
View attachment 71371

Bournemouth Players.

Bournemouth have spent about £180m on players since promotion, and sold absolutely no one; which puts them on a higher net spend than us I believe. This coming after spending heavily in the championship January transfer window and keeping Solanke for two years on Premier League wages. But hey ho.

The upshot being, they have good players and in fairness to them, probably have a higher hit rate than we do

View attachment 71372
In attack, it's all Solanke with the goals. 13 for the season, next best is Semenyo on three. Only 8 of their current players have been on the scoresheet (10 for us). Solanke scored three absolutely disgraceful goals at the CG from our point of view; brilliant striker goals, but diabolical defending for all three of them, particularly in the air. Stop Solanke and you largely stop Bournemouth.

Behind him is Alex Scott, who they bought for £20m from Bristol. He's only started 5 games due to injury, but is a great player and many on here were keen for us to try to sign him, and rightly so. He has performed best this season from the pivot role, but can do absolutely everything.

We know about Marcus Tavernier. He didn't impress me like I thought he would at the CG. His performance numbers looked amazing then (2 goals, four assists) but since then they haven't actually improved. He remains their second best performing player over the season, but apart from their game against Spurs, he has been fairly meh in performance recently.

Antoine Semenyo caused us problems at the CG as I said he would. 3 goals, 1 assist and typically he is Ghanaian so the curse of Chris Hughton's shitness strikes us yet again and he is here to play against us.

Let's not forget their other options. Phillip-fucking-Billing who has been an absolute bastard to us for season after season 2 goals, 2 assists.

They also have Justin Kluivert who has a couple of goals and has looked really good at times playing up front.

Most likely from the bench will be Luis Sinisterra, who has a couple of goals and an assist from the bench and came on against us.

Most likely in the pivot will be Lewis Cook and Ryan Christie. Cook is more an outright DCM in his strengths while Christie, a 28 year old Scot, is a great player who can tackle, dribble, pass, advance, everything. Both are right near the top of their performance charts.

Can't be arsed to do their defence other than to point out that in Neto, they have a goalkeeper who somehow manages to avoid giving the opposition a one goal subsidy in every game through his own shit mistakes.

Oh, and Adam Smith, the cheating **** who stamped on Boly and then pretended he'd been shot to get him sent off.

Here is the full squad
View attachment 71376

Form

This is not their overall form (overall it has been good but they just lost to Spurs and Liverpool, no disgrace there); it is their away form in the PL.

View attachment 71373
They have taken advantage of weakness here. They have played a lot of sides at a really good time and taken full advantage, winning a lot of 6 pointers.

Nuno take note; we are going to have to replicate this if we are going to survive in this league. Because we don't have enough winnable home games to do it at the CG. We are going to have to win the six pointers away.

Starting today.

Who's the w*****r in the black?

Today we have the Premier League's new female referee, Rebecca Welch. This will be only her second ever Premier League game, but I can confidently say she has no chance of being worse than Rob Jones.

Welch has never refereed Forest before. She could start well by finding a reason to give us only our second penalty of the season if she likes.

On VAR is Peter Bankes, not sure what his history with us is. But his name is not Rob Jones, so it's a tentative 👍

Head to Head.

Pretty grim

View attachment 71374
The first game on this list was actually the first time we had played Bournemouth since 1951 in the Third Division South.

We actually did the double over them under Pearce and Freedman in 14/15. But apart from that, these are a real bogey team for us and we've never been able to get anything out of them.

Weather
The fact that we still have loads of players out and they do not means that Bournemouth has managed to escape hurricanes, tornados and typhoons for this weekend and their ground thus remains safe from a loose advertising hoarding forcing it's closure.

View attachment 71375

It will be dull down there, hopefully not from us on the pitch though.
Thanks Pope.

1. How does transfer market value a 13-goal striker for Bournemouth at only £25m?

2. How do you manage to put such big pictures into these posts without vital complaining?

I only remember us being reffed by a woman once. Away at Coventry and the ref got injured so the female assistant (who had done perfectly fine running the line) the produced one of the weakest and most pathetic refereeing performances I had ever seen.

I will give some credit to these Tory wankers they’ve managed to get a team together without breaching the rules & their largest attendance ever being about one of our stands being half full

Maybe rather than petulantly booting his tv or throwing his ticket into someone’s garden our owner could have a look at their recruitment rather than just trolley dashing players in

I will give some credit to these Tory wankers they’ve managed to get a team together without breaching the rules & their largest attendance ever being about one of our stands being half full

Maybe rather than petulantly booting his tv or throwing his ticket into someone’s garden our owner could have a look at their recruitment rather than just trolley dashing players in
He does seem petulant.
And wasteful.

Just use a compress app if they are too big to post
That's even more dedication from you on these posts than I thought. Kudos.

I tend to screen grab with it zoomed out so the relevant bit is very small, then crop to fit and the res is still ok to read. Pain in the rectum though. Vital cheapskates.

So it's apparently Turner in goal because the work permit isn't here yet for Sels.

FFS.

He has cost us a goal in each of his last 3 games.

Anyone want to bet that the work permit for Bournemouth's new striker absolutely HAS come through?

Just had a PM from.cornflake. it simply says; stop salanke!

We are owed something today and need it very badly. Would be nice to think Turner can get a mention in dispatches for a positive reason for a change, like a clean sheet perhaps.

Calm but nervous.

So it's apparently Turner in goal because the work permit isn't here yet for Sels.

FFS.

He has cost us a goal in each of his last 3 games.

Anyone want to bet that the work permit for Bournemouth's new striker absolutely HAS come through?
IS this a fact Pope?

I'm over with my Son this week, but couldn't get a ticket for Bournemouth, so will stay in London and watch the Scouser game. I hear our game isn't televised. I can watch every single prem game in Canada, and find it staggering how that isn't the same here.