Sheffield Utd v Aston Villa Match Thread: Saturday 3rd February, 5:30pm | Page 32 | Vital Football

Sheffield Utd v Aston Villa Match Thread: Saturday 3rd February, 5:30pm

A thoroughly enjoyable afternoon up in Yorkshire. Just what we needed after our recent few performances but we shouldn’t be surprised, we always seem to bounce back under Unai after a loss. Some lovely incisive football first half in particular. Hilarious to see their lot streaming out when the third went in. Good afternoon for our goal difference and thanks to Everton for taking a point off Spurs. Back to our rightful place in fourth!

Not long back. A very enjoyable afternoon indeed . I thought from the off we looked sharper and brighter than we had for a while , seemed to move the ball quicker and our passing was crisper . As soon as well scored the confidence levels went up and we tore them apart then. Some sublime goals and one of the best passes I have ever seen. We were certainly entertained.

We were joking in the car on the way up that for once we would like a comfortable game where we are 3 or 4 up at half time so we could have a cigar in the second half.

The only thing missing was the cigar lol.

Not long back. A very enjoyable afternoon indeed . I thought from the off we looked sharper and brighter than we had for a while , seemed to move the ball quicker and our passing was crisper . As soon as well scored the confidence levels went up and we tore them apart then. Some sublime goals and one of the best passes I have ever seen. We were certainly entertained.

We were joking in the car on the way up that for once we would like a comfortable game where we are 3 or 4 up at half time so we could have a cigar in the second half.

The only thing missing was the cigar lol.
Super deserved away performance for the away fans that - fabulous

A thoroughly enjoyable afternoon up in Yorkshire. Just what we needed after our recent few performances but we shouldn’t be surprised, we always seem to bounce back under Unai after a loss. Some lovely incisive football first half in particular. Hilarious to see their lot streaming out when the third went in. Good afternoon for our goal difference and thanks to Everton for taking a point off Spurs. Back to our rightful place in fourth!
Our rightful place is FIRST.

Especially nice to win today as Spurs stumbled. Good little boost ahead of United too.

Unfortunately I didn’t get to watch the game as I wanted since I’m up at a wedding and had to watch from a 40 inch TV at a good 18-20 yard distance.

Ended up lashing the VPN on and watching from the phone propped up by my latest empty pint o’ plain.

I was surprised how passive for a Wilder team SUFC were. I fully expected a nasty in your face battle. It never happened. Besides the first few mins we coasted it. Their defending was terrible. Everyone in football knew Bailey would cut inside for the 3rd besides their defender apparently.
It's not very often you have a stress free away day in the PL. Great stuff.

Redknapp gushes about Duggie’s pass for hours.
Jenas briefly mentions it in his analysis.

In a way i think that sums up their respective talents as players.

Both permanently injured and couldn't do it themselves, but Redknapp doesn't blame us for for losing a fight with a sprinkler?

Both permanently injured and couldn't do it themselves, but Redknapp doesn't blame us for for losing a fight with a sprinkler?
Redknapp definitely had more talent. He changed that Euro 96 2nd half v Scotland. But he never got going anywhere due to injury. Including that tournament I seem to remember.

Injury definitely ruined Redknapp - he could've easily been more. Jenas was a slightly different player for me who also never reached what I thought he could be. But Redknapp had the talent, Jenas seemed to lose his drive (so to speak).

Neither had Dougie's talent though, I just couldn't resist the sprinkler joke! lol