Sheffield Utd v Aston Villa Match Thread: Saturday 3rd February, 5:30pm | Page 31 | Vital Football

Sheffield Utd v Aston Villa Match Thread: Saturday 3rd February, 5:30pm

Thoroughly disappointing second half.

Questions need to be asked.
I appreciate that your comment maybe tongue in cheek however :

100% get what you are saying SJH.

When you are 5-0 up I don't give a rats ass about showing the opposition some respect. I want us to go full on humiliation mode as ultimately this game is results driven and If we dip out due to a +2 goal difference I would be livid.

The contra point of view is that the game is in the bag, we have massively improved our GD and we can rest a few of our players through substitutions or by dropping the tempo and controlling the game

I appreciate that your comment maybe tongue in cheek however :

100% get what you are saying SJH.

When you are 5-0 up I don't give a rats ass about showing the opposition some respect. I want us to go full on humiliation mode as ultimately this game is results driven and If we dip out due to a +2 goal difference I would be livid.

The contra point of view is that the game is in the bag, we have massively improved our GD and we can rest a few of our players through substitutions or by dropping the tempo and controlling the game
I'll go with the contra view.

Watkins easily. 1 goal and 3 assists. FPL says he has 3 assists anyway.

His all round play was excellent too I thought over the TV. His strength on the ball holding off defenders, add to that his touch was bang on and he was finding gaps with his runs. He’s always been brave against bigger defenders but he seems to have a bit more sort of bite lately where he just won’t be bullied, I noticed it against Dan Burn in midweek. Although a bad result for us, I liked his confidence when he was challenging him for the ball at certain times.

Last edited:
Today's player ratings from Sky.

Aston Villa: Martinez (7); Konsa (7), Carlos (7), Lenglet (7), Moreno (8); Bailey (8), Kamara (7), Luiz (8), McGinn (8); Tielemans (8), Watkins (9).

Subs: Ramsey (7), Cash (6), Diaby (6), Iroegbunam (6), Rogers (n/a)

Let's see if Bailey is the saviour he was made out to be Tues.
Imho, I'm not convinced him starting away here is game changer as it is when he comes on in games.

Super sub has been his main role this season.
MD - I admit I have a man crush on Bailey but are you convinced?

Superb win. Delighted with that as we played well. But onw thing i want to stress, is that Sheffield uniteds tactics were absolutely awful. They gave us so much time and space (something newcastle didnt which we struggled with)

I couldnt believe he did not set them up same way as VP. Better for us! We obviously will have two tougher games in cup anad against manure. We need to ensure we dont get sloppy and let this result go to our heads as Sheffield utd are awful.

Superb win. Delighted with that as we played well. But onw thing i want to stress, is that Sheffield uniteds tactics were absolutely awful. They gave us so much time and space (something newcastle didnt which we struggled with)

I couldnt believe he did not set them up same way as VP. Better for us! We obviously will have two tougher games in cup anad against manure. We need to ensure we dont get sloppy and let this result go to our heads as Sheffield utd are awful.
Today was a banana skin given our recent performances , so no matter how shite they are/were i'm delighted we won and won at a canter. It's all about building momentum again now for a big push through to the end