January Window | Page 94 | Vital Football

January Window

The pundits heavily criticised Forest for bringing in 13 players and spending heavily in last years window. They have moved 10 out and made £30m profit this. Wonder if the comments will be as loud?
Rather like last year when we had a coolish wet summer, there was heavily reduced mention of climate change there is unlikely to be a recognition of a quiet transfer window. It doesn't sell papers or media space for things to be ok

Rather like last year when we had a coolish wet summer, there was heavily reduced mention of climate change there is unlikely to be a recognition of a quiet transfer window. It doesn't sell papers or media space for things to be ok

:clown:

The June-July-August (JJA) season for 2023 was the warmest on record globally by a large margin, with an average temperature of 16.77°C, 0.66°C above average.

The European-average temperature for summer was 19.63°C, which at 0.83°C above average, was the fifth warmest for the summer season.

In the UK specifically, meteorological summer 2023 was the eighth warmest on record by mean temperature, thanks largely to June's record breaking temperatures, in a series which dates back to 1884.

Altogether, five of the top 10 warmest summers in the UK were recorded in the last couple of decades.

In summer 2022, record breaking temperatures of more than 40 degrees Celsius were recorded at several locations across the UK. Accordingly, 2022 was also UK's warmest year on record, with the average annual temperature rising above 10 degrees Celsius for the first time. Since temperature recording began in 1884, the hottest years documented in the country have all occurred after 2003.

The June-July-August (JJA) season for 2023 was the warmest on record globally by a large margin, with an average temperature of 16.77°C, 0.66°C above average.

The European-average temperature for summer was 19.63°C, which at 0.83°C above average, was the fifth warmest for the summer season.

In the UK specifically, meteorological summer 2023 was the eighth warmest on record by mean temperature, thanks largely to June's record breaking temperatures, in a series which dates back to 1884.

Altogether, five of the top 10 warmest summers in the UK were recorded in the last couple of decades.

In summer 2022, record breaking temperatures of more than 40 degrees Celsius were recorded at several locations across the UK. Accordingly, 2022 was also UK's warmest year on record, with the average annual temperature rising above 10 degrees Celsius for the first time. Since temperature recording began in 1884, the hottest years documented in the country have all occurred after 2003.
To be fair, the warmth of a summers day is not that noticeable when you are sat inside a McDonalds Drive Through all day.

Given I was talk making an analogy about the British summer last year , your insistence on bringing in statistics from the year before and other parts of the year are so utterly desperate

To be fair, the warmth of a summers day is not that noticeable when you are sat inside a McDonalds Drive Through all day.
Why don't you pop by Mao? ill make sure you get some more of the secret sauce and perhaps a variation of that I've been working on

As someone who studied environmental sciences, statements like this make me want to throw things.
Ad why is that Lynx - there was reduced mention of how we were going to boil like frogs during the British summer. Don't worry you'll get plenty of other references to our doom landed imminent deaths by boiling over your lifetime

Ad why is that Lynx - there was reduced mention of how we were going to boil like frogs during the British summer. Don't worry you'll get plenty of other references to our doom landed imminent deaths by boiling over your lifetime
It's barely more intelligent than Trump dismissing climate change because it's chilly today. It shows a gross misunderstanding of weather compared to climate, and the significance of long term global trends compared to localised, short term weather patterns.

It's barely more intelligent than Trump dismissing climate change because it's chilly today.
Was I dismissing it or was I criticising the media for pretty much not mentioning it at all during last year as we were having a particularly cool and rainy summer. The media will use the hot days to advance your belief of impending global doom because it sells but bot really mention your belief of impending global doom when everything is fairly stable. My quip was an attack on the media not on climate change per se which is occurring. Having said that, I'm not someone who believes we face the end of the world any time soon.

Given I was talk making an analogy about the British summer last year , your insistence on bringing in statistics from the year before and other parts of the year are so utterly desperate

What are you prattling about? I'm not remotely desperate. It is very easy to show your statements up for how ludicrous they are.

I didn't bring in statistics from "other parts of the year" at all - you said summer, and I told you that the summer 2023 wasn't "coolish" at all. It was, on average, the eighth warmest summer on record. And that period included the hottest peak temperatures on record in this country.

If I had wanted to bring in other parts of the year, I would have said that 2023 as a whole was the hottest year on record by some distance.

Was I dismissing it or was I criticising the media for pretty much not mentioning it at all during last year as we were having a particularly cool and rainy summer. The media will use the hot days to advance your belief of impending global doom because it sells but bot really mention your belief of impending global doom when everything is fairly stable. My quip was an attack on the media not on climate change per se which is occurring. Having said that, I'm not someone who believes we face the end of the world any time soon.
Wrong again.

The media published more opposition to climate action last year than ever before - more than double the number of articles the previous year. So, when things were at their worst, climate-wise, the UK press was most actively hindering progress towards a solution.
Conversely, there were also far fewer articles noting that there was a problem and calling for mitigating action during that particularly hot summer of 2023 than there had been a couple of years previously. That's the media silence, not whatever you're on about. It's the opposite of your perception.

What are you prattling about? I'm not remotely desperate. It is very easy to show your statements up for how ludicrous they are.

I didn't bring in statistics from "other parts of the year" at all - you said summer, and I told you that the summer 2023 wasn't "coolish" at all. It was, on average, the eighth warmest summer on record. And that period included the hottest peak temperatures on record in this country.

If I had wanted to bring in other parts of the year, I would have said that 2023 as a whole was the hottest year on record by some distance.
Sorry chap I dont recognise your figures . I was here the whole time and can only remember 2 really hot days. It was a mild summer and wouldn't be a good indicator of life threatening climate change. The point is the media pretty much cooled their rhetoric on the subject . Take it to "Here you Go" where you can try to persuade me that we are all about to die in the same way that you said Brexit would ruin us

Wrong again.

The media published more opposition to climate action last year than ever before - more than double the number of articles the previous year. So, when things were at their worst, climate-wise, the UK press was most actively hindering progress towards a solution.
Conversely, there were also far fewer articles noting that there was a problem and calling for mitigating action during that particularly hot summer of 2023 than there had been a couple of years previously. That's the media silence, not whatever you're on about. It's the opposite of your perception.

Wrong again-this seems to be an article about economic costs of climate change. Did they mention we were going to boil to death during the summer. Missed that Im afraid

Sorry chap I dont recognise your figures . I was here the whole time and can only remember 2 really hot days. It was a mild summer and wouldn't be a good indicator of life threatening climate change. The point is the media pretty much cooled their rhetoric on the subject . Take it to "Here you Go" where you can try to persuade me that we are all about to die in the same way that you said Brexit would ruin us
No thanks - can't be bothered. No reasonable discussion can be had. You refuse to accept facts and base your whole opinion on that moment you looked out of the window one morning in July and thought it would be sensible to take a jacket. I'm surprised you put your trousers on the right way around that day.

I agree that this is the wrong thread for any of this though.