January 2024 Transfer Window Thread | Page 6 | Vital Football

January 2024 Transfer Window Thread

Blackpool Football Club is delighted to announce the signing of George Byers from Sheffield Wednesday on a loan deal until the end of the season.
Byers, 27, brings experience to the ranks having made 78 appearances for the Owls across three seasons at Hillsborough, scoring on 14 occasions.
An integral part of Sheffield Wednesday's promotion winning squad last season, the 27-year-old has also featured for Portsmouth and Swansea City, after coming through the Academy at Watford as a youngster.
He arrives at Bloomfield Road after a successful first half of the season, having made 22 appearances in the Sky Bet Championship for the Owls in 2023/24.
On signing for Blackpool, Byers said:
"After what's been a crazy 24 hours, it feels great to be here.
"Having had a discussion with the gaffer here, he highlighted what his ambitions were for the second half of the season and what the Club is pushing for. That was a great chat, and I explained how I felt I could help the side for the second half of the season.
"I'm happy to get this deal done and looking forward to the second half of the season."

I'm happy eith Byers.
Dale to Oxfrauds confirmed and I bet we have he cant play v us next week agreement in there.

Know nothing about the Burnley kid, guess they see Casey also as cover for Pennington at RB, gives us some protection.

I'm happy eith Byers.
Dale to Oxfrauds confirmed and I bet we have he cant play v us next week agreement in there.

Know nothing about the Burnley kid, guess they see Casey also as cover for Pennington at RB, gives us some protection.
He's gone on a permanent, so can't have any clauses/agreements regarding playing time (aka he's bound to play and score!)

I'm happy eith Byers.

Dingle lad not made a senior appearance yet though he was on the bench for the FA Cup game v Codheads. Possibly one for the future or to sell on for ££££.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240201_145637_FotMob.jpg
    Screenshot_20240201_145637_FotMob.jpg
    272.7 KB · Views: 1
This kiddie from Burnley Dan Sassi has no league experience. Only just 20 so you'd expect one for development. Let's hope more to him than Tharme.

Saddlers mate says this about Low:
He is a no nonsense kind of player....lacked a bit of finesse on the ball but very committed....I liked him!

This kiddie from Burnley Dan Sassi has no league experience. Only just 20 so you'd expect one for development. Let's hope more to him than Tharme.

You’d think he has to be an upgrade on Tharme, he’s been captain of the dingles u21/23 whatever age it is as opposed to coming from Southport.

Overall, pretty happy with that window. On top of a very successful January results wise as well (which makes it even more frustrating that we're still 8th!).

Got rid of some fat from the squad, with Tharme, TOB, Weir and even Thompson not being anywhere near the team. Realistically they didn't even need replacing.

Dale and Dougall out.

Dougall is obviously disappointing but it was seemingly inevitable so glad we've got Byers in. Slightly different players but could definately be looked at as an upgrade.

Dale is a wierd one. It's more the thought of what he could potentially do rather than what he did, ultimately he'd have been a squad player at best so better for us to get something for him than nothing. I struggle to really see him being the reason we can't catch Oxford (though the club have just set themselves up for a fall really!). I see Coulson as more of a replacement for him than I do for Thompson and he's definately made that LWB position his own.

So on balance with Byers and Coulson I think we can be stronger than with Dale and Dougall.

Sassi and Finnigan are both maybe longer term projects. Finnigan looked really good on loan at Crewe last year, just a question of whether his fitness can be ready soon enough to contribute. Sassi screams of Casey pt. 2, hopefully it works out in the same way.