The January Transfer Thread | Page 88 | Vital Football

The January Transfer Thread

I think its reasonable to say we're not signing him for his goalscoring prowess. Unai must see something else in him. I'd bet they definitely think they can improve his scoring ability but that likely isn't top of the list.
Be curious to see what unais plans are for him as we need someone to help out with the goals as diabys not scoring many either is zaniolo

Believe nothing you read and only half of what you see and you'll not go far wrong in life.
The problem is we want to believe some of the stuff. It suits our views and the rest we don't want to believe because it doesn't.

overall it's been a pretty lacklustre window given the chance we have to crack the top 4, particularly when you look at Spurs business who may be our main rivals for 4th/5th
I agree but in fairness I don't think Spurs have done anything amazing either. Werner on loan to cover Son and a backup Centre Back, we were all very underwhelmed when I first posted about Werner as a backup to Ollie.

People say we can improve without spending big money but I am not so sure and it looks like we cant spend big money without running foul of FFP/PSR. Its a huge risk to go big for Champs Lge., miss and then have to deal with the consequences of a points deduct / UEFA sanctions if we end up foul of FFP/PSR and into Europa.

Financially its a tightrope, we're bringing in 25-50% of Spurs revenue.

I agree but in fairness I don't think Spurs have done anything amazing either. Werner on loan to cover Son and a backup Centre Back, we were all very underwhelmed when I first posted about Werner as a backup to Ollie.

People say we can improve without spending big money but I am not so sure and it looks like we cant spend big money without running foul of FFP/PSR. Its a huge risk to go big for Champs Lge., miss and then have to deal with the consequences of a points deduct / UEFA sanctions if we end up foul of FFP/PSR and into Europa.

Financially its a tightrope, we're bringing in 25-50% of Spurs revenue.

Yeah but fear not Chris Heck is on the case.😂

Without looking I think Duran has scored more goals than Archer this season.
In a fraction of the playing time, I think we need to move on from Archer and the others we have sold. Come the summer will we be looking at those players to carry us into the next steps?
Surely we'll be looking at players for the top end of the PL, Players like Kamara Tielemans Diaby again. Upgrades on Watkins McGinn and others we've had for a few years and we think are the Dog's dangly bits but if we are to move forward they need replacing or challenging at the very least

I also think if we were anywhere near the FFP/P&S threshold we'd have sent Lenglet and Zaniolo back in this window and sent more players out on loan. We certainly aren't going to be spending 60m on a player but it does look like we are still looking at sub £10m top talent for next season's bench rather than the Dendonckers and Chambers of the world who cost too much in wages and hardly play.