Derby County (h): Score Predictions & Starting XI | Vital Football

Derby County (h): Score Predictions & Starting XI

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
Leftfield selection, Imps morph into peak Barca Skubala-ball, 4-1-2-3, Imphatic 3-0 victory, pandemonium.

Jensen
Sorensen - Eyoma - Roughan - Hamilton
Erhahon
Duffy - Bishop
Taylor - Draper - Hackett

Attack, attack, attack, attack, attack :rocker:

There's method behind the madness. I honestly think if we lined up like this we'd be 2-0 within the first 30 minutes. Shock and awe.

Hopefully we’ll be more front foot at home and should offer a little more threat up front. I think the key to the whole game is keeping Hourihane stifled - he makes Derby tick and if you let him he will rule the midfield. Question is, who do you put on him 🤔. Maybe Hamilton - he’s got an engine that could work without losing too much of his creativeness 🤔. Also, keep them goalless for the first half.

Jensen
Mitchell, Jackson, Eyoma
Sorensen, Duffy
Bishop, Erhahon, Hamilton
Taylor, Draper

Subs: Wright, Burroughs, Hackett-Fairchild, Makama, Roughan, Moylan, Smith

Would love to see Reeco and Bishop start, but I’m guesssing it’s about managing their minutes. Would like to see Reeco and Moylan come on after HT.

Repeat what I said below before Wycombe!

‘I'd really like us to go 4231. Moylan, Draper and Taylor does not mean we all of a sudden have a lot of stickers and need to play them all, it means we now have three fit strikers! I want to see us build on the two Ethans, they can be the best two man pivot in the league. With them two the defence has enough protection that we do not need to play three centre back, we need more bodies further up the pitch.

Jensen
Eyoma Mitchell Jackson Burroughs
Erhahon Hamilton
Sorensen Bishop Hackett
Taylor’

Still not sure on a fair bit:
Duffy or Sorenson?
Could Sorenson go right back?
Or Roughan left back and Buroughs right?
Could Bishop play towards right or left and go two up top with Draper instead of Sorenson?
Moylan worth a look?
Mandriou or Bishop long term? We need one playmaker. Or could this even be Moylan?

But I do definitely think:
Four at the back
Reeco to start if fit enough
Bishop needs to play with no Mandriou option

Jensen
Mitchell, Jackson, Eyoma
Sorensen, Duffy
Taylor, Makama

Subs: Wright, Burroughs, Hackett-Fairchild, Draper, Roughan, Moylan, Smith

I think a 1-1 draw could be the result.

Same team as Wycombe- but Hackett for Duffy if fit enough. Possibly Bishop for Burroughs- but Bishop has only played well in sub cameos - so maybe Smith for Burroughs allows Sorenson to play RB.

Jensen
Sorrenson Jackson Mitchell Burroughs
Erhahon Hamilton Hackett
Bishop
Taylor Draper

Moylan for Bishop and Duffy for Hackett barring injuries.

Watched Derby last night. They're decent but beatable. They didn't dominate Burton and Burton managed to score two against them.
To be fair Burton played well, looked organised and sharp, should of taken a point away from the game but Derby found a last minute winner.

Should be a decent game.
1 -1

Jensen
Mitchell, Jackson, Eyoma
Sorensen, Duffy
Taylor, Makama

Subs: Wright, Burroughs, Hackett-Fairchild, Draper, Roughan, Moylan, Smith

I think a 1-1 draw could be the result.
Picking Makama to start is certainly interesting! Not meant as something against Jovon, just can't imagine he'll be a regular pick here with the new boys

Felt we set up in the first half at Wycombe with very few wide options, which meant we were forced long as they had so much of the midfield. We cant start like that again surely and need to take the game to them instaed of inviting pressure. So, with that in mind this is how I would start and if all goes to plan would like to think we could sneak this. However we wont start like this so expect it to be a 2 - 2 draw.

Jensen
Sorensen Mitchell, Jackson, Boroughs
Duffy Bishop, Erhahon, Hamilton Hackett
Moylan,

Jensen
Sorrenson Jackson Mitchell Burroughs
Erhahon Hamilton Hackett
Bishop
Taylor Draper

Moylan for Bishop and Duffy for Hackett barring injuries.

Watched Derby last night. They're decent but beatable. They didn't dominate Burton and Burton managed to score two against them.
To be fair Burton played well, looked organised and sharp, should of taken a point away from the game but Derby found a last minute winner.

Should be a decent game.
1 -1
And Burton played 3-5-2/5-3-2

Did anyone else think Derby looked quite slow against Burton? I checked the average age of their outfield players last night to find it is 27 years, 5 months - much older than our average age, but no real reason for a lack of pace. I also thought they looked vulnerable in the defence / defensive midfield area. So:

Jensen
Sorensen - Eyoma - Jackson - Burroughs
Erhahon - Hamilton - Hackett
Moylan
Taylor - Draper

Did anyone else think Derby looked quite slow against Burton? I checked the average age of their outfield players last night to find it is 27 years, 5 months - much older than our average age, but no real reason for a lack of pace. I also thought they looked vulnerable in the defence / defensive midfield area. So:

Jensen
Sorensen - Eyoma - Jackson - Burroughs
Erhahon - Hamilton - Hackett
Moylan
Taylor - Draper
I forget what graphic said exactly but I think Derby were the oldest average squad age in L1. There was a list of five but it disappeared before I took it all in!