The Official Accrington Stanley Match Thread (Sponsored by the Milk Marketing Board "for all your "who are they?" needs) | Page 10 | Vital Football

The Official Accrington Stanley Match Thread (Sponsored by the Milk Marketing Board "for all your "who are they?" needs)

The celebration on the treadmill for our winner was nice. 😁

Done a 5k every day for the last eight days, except yesterday when I did 5.3 miles instead. I am a tired fat man. Hopefully in a few months I'll just be a tired man.

I find running on a treadmill complete torture, much prefer being out and about

What’s everyone else drinking in celebration? Uninventive, but was drinking stella during the match, but on a bottle of NZ Sauvignon now!
Well! If you’re talking after the game there honestly wasn’t too many good beer places in Accrington. I had a quick cask pale in the working men’s club, but really Preston is the place 👍👍

I love the pub opposite the main ramp entrance though, the Old Vic. There’s such a great friendly vibe whenever I’ve been there. You’ll struggle to make your connecting train as you’re gassing away to the locals and barmaids.

Then all back on the train for the 19:07 from Preston getting back to London at 10pm.

GBN likes his stats - GBN, can you tell us how many minutes per goal Bonne has scored under SC?

Some quick mental maths is 2 goals in 643 minutes. On a side note of the 12 times he has got on the pitch under SC, he has only completed a full 90 minutes once, and has only started 5 of them. On average he seems to get about half an hour when coming on as sub which might be significant if you normally assume people only come on for the last 5-10 minutes and therefore not expected to always have time to get in the game.

Well! If you’re talking after the game there honestly wasn’t too many good beer places in Accrington. I had a quick cask pale in the working men’s club, but really Preston is the place 👍👍

I love the pub opposite the main ramp entrance though, the Old Vic. There’s such a great friendly vibe whenever I’ve been there. You’ll struggle to make your connecting train as you’re gassing away to the locals and barmaids.

Then all back on the train for the 19:07 from Preston getting back to London at 10pm.

Help me Trev !!! I visit Preston regularly for work and find it the grimmest place I've ever been. Give me a list of pubs to try out - next trip a week Monday :-)

Nb. Think I've still got a downer on the place since I got a traffic violation for turning right not left by the station :-)

Good to see the team actually show some guts to get back into a game.

That’s our first comeback win in the league since February 23 and away comeback win since March 21.

Not wanting to be too negative, but the first half was same old - possession and territory, but zero urgency/intensity. Little chances created, shots or taking a man on. Second half the opposite - it does seem we need a half time bollocking or to concede to shock this team somewhat into life.

If we can improve how we start games and add some pace in these final 2 weeks, I genuinely believe we could make the automatics.

Second half the opposite - it does seem we need a half time bollocking or to concede to shock this team somewhat into life.

Commentator was saying the first 15 of the second half was the worst Gills performance he could recall? That's going some given some of the non-events fans have been subjected to in the last few seasons. Admittedly it got a lot better once we equalised.

Commentator was saying the first 15 of the second half was the worst Gills performance he could recall? That's going some given some of the non-events fans have been subjected to in the last few seasons. Admittedly it got a lot better once we equalised.

It would be nice to actually start a game well for once. FGR is the perfect opportunity.

Help me Trev !!! I visit Preston regularly for work and find it the grimmest place I've ever been. Give me a list of pubs to try out - next trip a week Monday :-)

Nb. Think I've still got a downer on the place since I got a traffic violation for turning right not left by the station :-)
The Black Horse in Friargate, Preston is a very quirky, down to earth pub with character. It`s 19th century and still has many original features - including a bar the counter top of which is almost shoulder height to a lot of folk. Look after their beer well, too - Real Ale pub.

I didn`t listen to the commentary, but would say that the broadcast position for the radio boys wasn`t central and it was only about four of five rows up from the pitch. I "dare say" there were times when they couldn`t see much !

It would be nice to actually start a game well for once. FGR is the perfect opportunity.
Deeney gave his boys both barrels after yesterday`s loss. If he hasn`t got his dressing room, we could give FGR a roasting on the pitch to follow up the verbal one Troy delivered !

Deeney gave his boys both barrels after yesterday`s loss. If he hasn`t got his dressing room, we could give FGR a roasting on the pitch to follow up the verbal one Troy delivered !
To be fair to FGR they were 0-0 until they had a player sent off yesterday. However, I've been feeling that we might give someone a 3 or 4 nil thrashing soon, which we should have done against Salford and Charlton recently. Let's hope it's this coming Saturday.