Thoughts on timing of any transfers | Page 2 | Vital Football

Thoughts on timing of any transfers

On Aug 1st for the Jan window?? I was impatient wasn’t I ? 😂

If it was Aug 1st for last summers window, surely that just about the end of the window isn’t it?
I think it was the unwritten rule that we only announce summer transfers on July 1st, (typo in previous post) and some people expected we had players lined up to be announced then, and then disappointment followed when none were announced on that day.

I think it was the unwritten rule that we only announce summer transfers on July 1st, (typo in previous post) and some people expected we had players lined up to be announced then, and then disappointment followed when none were announced on that day.

That sounds much more like me. I wanna know why JCH wasn’t announced on Jan 1 along with Bellingham. Contract issues maybe….

I'm not sure if you're "allowed" to make an approach outside of the transfer window.

Clubs can sign players all year round and don't need to wait for the transfer window to open. However, teams won't be able to register the player onto the 23 man squad list and play them until the window opens. Hence the reason why we were able to sign Tom Nichols in December with him training with us as an official signing but not able to play until January (when the window opened)

Clubs can sign players all year round and don't need to wait for the transfer window to open. However, teams won't be able to register the player onto the 23 man squad list and play them until the window opens. Hence the reason why we were able to sign Tom Nichols in December with him training with us as an official signing but not able to play until January (when the window opened)
Yes, I'm pretty sure you're right.

Which kind of negates what I believe the "window" was bought in for i.e. to stop clubs "destabilising" other clubs by talking to key players all year round.

That sounds much more like me. I wanna know why JCH wasn’t announced on Jan 1 along with Bellingham. Contract issues maybe….
We need pace and Manure don't want Sancho so why are we letting Dortmund get in before us?

Bellingham is not what we need. Repatriating Kane fits the bill, though.:LOL:

Yes, I'm pretty sure you're right.

Which kind of negates what I believe the "window" was bought in for i.e. to stop clubs "destabilising" other clubs by talking to key players all year round.

Maybe, but how often do players sign players outside the window? Rare and in the case of Nicholls, he wasn't playing for Crawley and he only signed a week or so prior to the window opening. Presumably allowing him to train with the club for an extra week was worth the cost of a week's wages.

If we are after someone's top player they will want time to replace him.I can't see us signing any lesser players until the main man or men are secured .So my own guess would be about a week before anything happens inward.
Exit's can happen anytime I don't think the timing of those would be important to the club as long as they happen if SC wants them too.