Manager? | Vital Football

Manager?

Not in the slightest, but pretty typical of those on this site.

So you want discussion, but not everyone's opinion? And you're being persecuted by the 'thought police'?

Can I suggest you spend a bit more time practising some self-awareness and subtract it from the time you spend posting your every minor thought, and controversial opinion (yawn!), on here?

Not in the slightest, but pretty typical of those on this site.

You are entitled to your opinion as we all are.

However what I don't understand is why you have to post in a manner that's designed to illicit a confrontational response but when you get it then go onto write this as if you have some holier than thou attitude.

Do you get some sort of perverse pleasure out of this? Are you like this in normal world as well as the cyber world?

Just wondering because in my opinion it's not a very nice trait to have. Why can't you just post in a non provocative way? What is there to be gained other than some sort of sick satisfaction you get out of it?

I just don't get it?:shake:

I suspect that this thread was posted post match and post some serious alcohol consumption as it seemed to be just one person arguing with himself.

The clear answer to the unnecessary question is no, but that doesn't mean that everything is rosy. MA is a very good coach but has something of a stubborn streak about him which can affect the teams performance. I have no issue with the playing it around at the back as it is usually works better than a lump forward. Yes it can result in some cock-ups as last night and if a team employs a high press it is a high risk policy. There was the occasional cheer last night when Josh Griffiths pumped it long. It came back every time. So the possession tactic is fine, but needs adapting to the conditions and the opposition.

My main concern at the moment is the stubborness surrounding the formation. The 4-3-3 worked great last season with the pace of Johnson and to a lesser degree Rogers. We haven't replaced those with like for like yet the formation persists meaning players such as Bishop are marooned wide on the left. He is not suited to that role and cannot influence a game from there. So I'd really like MA to consider who we have available and where they play their best football and play the formation to get the best out of those players rather than shoe-horn them into the one and only plan.

Either way MA is still the man for the job

not yet but serious questions are looming - appleton is increasingly talking danny cowley language around budgets & knowing what our level this season, got to say I really do hate that especially when we turn in the sort of performance we did last night.

I suspect that this thread was posted post match and post some serious alcohol consumption as it seemed to be just one person arguing with himself.

The clear answer to the unnecessary question is no, but that doesn't mean that everything is rosy. MA is a very good coach but has something of a stubborn streak about him which can affect the teams performance. I have no issue with the playing it around at the back as it is usually works better than a lump forward. Yes it can result in some cock-ups as last night and if a team employs a high press it is a high risk policy. There was the occasional cheer last night when Josh Griffiths pumped it long. It came back every time. So the possession tactic is fine, but needs adapting to the conditions and the opposition.

My main concern at the moment is the stubborness surrounding the formation. The 4-3-3 worked great last season with the pace of Johnson and to a lesser degree Rogers. We haven't replaced those with like for like yet the formation persists meaning players such as Bishop are marooned wide on the left. He is not suited to that role and cannot influence a game from there. So I'd really like MA to consider who we have available and where they play their best football and play the formation to get the best out of those players rather than shoe-horn them into the one and only plan.

Either way MA is still the man for the job
Seeing Bishop out wide left reminds of what happened to Grant when he was first here.

All managers are stubborn.