2021 Summer Transfer Thread | Page 98 | Vital Football

2021 Summer Transfer Thread

Buchanan could very well be on the move; he has one year left on his contract and Derby cannot offer him a new one whilst under embargo.

Whether he comes to us or not is a different matter

I base my optimism on CH getting Garner and Krovinovic on loan last season.

We may need to be patient, but we should be able to get loans of equal quality.

You lot need to chilli out. Look, covids over, footballs coming home, I’ve got half a packet of cigarettes, it’s dark and I’m wearing sunglasses

I trust in these guys. If you all believed and trusted and loved a little, maybe just maybe, they’ll believe in themselves. If they believe, and we believe, Chris believes and Dane believes and we all try then maybe just maybe we could finish in the top half this season.

45 games - 10 months of our lives devoted to this FUCKING shit and nothing happens AGAIN

I tell you this for nowt. I’m not ready to let go of the Euros and I’m not even bothered. It’s was pure and fun and great. League football is just an abusive relationship like me and my twat cat who threw up on the new carpet yesterday and promising me he wouldn’t. The guys a complete prick

You lot need to chilli out. Look, covids over, footballs coming home, I’ve got half a packet of cigarettes, it’s dark and I’m wearing sunglasses

I trust in these guys. If you all believed and trusted and loved a little, maybe just maybe, they’ll believe in themselves. If they believe, and we believe, Chris believes and Dane believes and we all try then maybe just maybe we could finish in the top half this season.

45 games - 10 months of our lives devoted to this FUCKING shit and nothing happens AGAIN

I tell you this for nowt. I’m not ready to let go of the Euros and I’m not even bothered. It’s was pure and fun and great. League football is just an abusive relationship like me and my twat cat who threw up on the new carpet yesterday and promising me he wouldn’t. The guys a complete prick

Sounds like u have a great pussy

I am sure that will have gone down well with his current fans and employer…
It could be anything though. A cuppa round a mates house or as he's a local lad there's every chance he has family who follow Forest. Photos only take a moment these days.
Supporters tend to see these things as deliberately spiteful and overreact to them. If you'd been lucky enough to play football as a professional, you wouldn't automatically feel the rivalry with another club, certainly not as deeply as the fans do. So if you got handed a brew in a particular mug you probably wouldn't automatically think "sh1t, best not drink from that".

The fact that this has come from Nixon makes me suspicious, but it would not surprise me if Derby have put the word out to start an auction.

They are limited to five signings unless they can move players out; they can then sign players on a one for one basis - one out, one in.

In addition to the 5 lined up they have other players currently training with them.

They are desperate for central defenders and for forwards and other areas.

They currently have two Left Backs and a decent prospect in the Academy, so they may feel one is surplus to requirements.

There is also the situation were a number of Academy players are refusing new contracts; it could well be that Buchanan is one of them.

We may have an outside chance on this one, but I feel we will have to pay more than we ideally want to.

I am sure that will have gone down well with his current fans and employer…

I would not have thought it will even get a mention at Derby; they will be fully aware that he was a Forest supporter when they signed him.

They will be more bothered about what he does on the pitch, and he does quite well by all accounts.

As well as Richardson able to play at LB, Jenkinson also played there for us last season and did OK. McKenna has also played LB in the past as has Colback. One of our strengths is we could probably play 5 CB with out any problem we are that well stocked. We could therefor revert to a back three and have wingbacks. Thus someone like Colback could play. Not ideal but something we could do for first six games before window shuts. Premiership level Players will become available as squads are announced and more become surplus to requirements in August. More we wait, better options appear.

Has Hughton ever played a back 3 with wing backs? I'd imagine its a big task to switch formation and style to cater for a lack of fullbacks.

If true, suspect our second bid will have to be £1M+ to be considered. Hopefully, Forest fans from Mansfield will be in our academy not theirs from now on.

----
Alan Nixon

@reluctantnicko

·
1h

Forest initial bid in but too low …
Quote Tweet

Forest lining up a controversial one. Big interest in young left back Buchanan at Derby.

I would not have thought it will even get a mention at Derby; they will be fully aware that he was a Forest supporter when they signed him.

They will be more bothered about what he does on the pitch, and he does quite well by all accounts.
Some clubs tend to react to pictures like that though, particularly if it involves a local rivalry.

Him being a Forest fan would make it interesting if we were to place a bid…

If true, suspect our second bid will have to be £1M+ to be considered. Hopefully, Forest fans from Mansfield will be in our academy not theirs from now on.

----
Alan Nixon

@reluctantnicko

·
1h

Forest initial bid in but too low …
Quote Tweet

Forest lining up a controversial one. Big interest in young left back Buchanan at Derby.

Seems to be standard for Forest in present climate. Put in a bid to show interest but ensure it is low. Watch and wait.

From the Derby Fans Forum -
If we sell Buchanan to Forest for peanuts to help pay the bills and we are stuck with Forsyth as first choice for another season I will be seriously depressed.

They have a good prospect in the Academy and Adam Reach is training with them; they will let Buchanan go for the right money.