Time to put it to bed | Vital Football

Time to put it to bed

Ruskingtony

Vital Squad Member
I have been extremely vocal about that cheat Busby as much as anyone on this forum.
However, I think it's time to move on.
The majority of teams are already on the beach with a one or two meaningless games left to play. Our exciting season is about to get more exciting and interesting.
Will Mapp rest anyone over the next couple of games? Let's face it he rested a couple against Peterborough ( Edun for example) and look how well the team still performed.
Then we have three (hopefully) of the biggest matches in the clubs history coming up. We cannot change what has just happened but we can get behind the lads 100% they need all our support at the moment to achieve what no Imps fans would have thought remotely possible only a few years ago.
Up the mighty Imps!!

I have been extremely vocal about that cheat Busby as much as anyone on this forum.
However, I think it's time to move on.
The majority of teams are already on the beach with a one or two meaningless games left to play. Our exciting season is about to get more exciting and interesting.
Will Mapp rest anyone over the next couple of games? Let's face it he rested a couple against Peterborough ( Edun for example) and look how well the team still performed.
Then we have three (hopefully) of the biggest matches in the clubs history coming up. We cannot change what has just happened but we can get behind the lads 100% they need all our support at the moment to achieve what no Imps fans would have thought remotely possible only a few years ago.
Up the mighty Imps!!

I agree with this. What happened on Saturday is just another significant moment in the long, rich and fascinating history of our football club. We will very quickly move to the next installment of the story. Each installment builds the legend.

We have to put it in the past and concentrate on the last two games.

I don't believe in resting too many players either. Personally I think any team needs to go into the play offs on their very top form. We need to keep the momentum going.

Having said that, judging by Saturday, we can make two or thre changes and still put on a good performance.

I’m still livid but we need to look forward to the remaining games now, I think if we’re successful in the playoff campaign the feeling of injustice will ease....if we fall short we’ll no doubt revisit it and next season we’ll have a vengeance tour of our own

I’m over it, wasted energy. What’s done is done.

I hope the players and in particular MApp uses it as a positive motivational speaking point pre play offs.

Rest Walsh and Jackson as best we can without them getting rusty, we need them in the play offs.

Anyway - apparently the Club have received an apology from the Referees' association - so that's all fine now!

Sorry is the hardest word!!!!. OK now let's just carry on Szmodics can now, possibly, go and cheat his way in the Championship.

Sorry is the hardest word!!!!. OK now let's just carry on Szmodics can now, possibly, go and cheat his way in the Championship.
Hopefully we can do the double over them next year, and maybe we will be the team to relegate them. Revenge is best served cold

Anyway - apparently the Club have received an apology from the Referees' association - so that's all fine now!

MK Dons also received an apology after we won there with the help of a penalty given for a total non-foul on Hopper.

What else can they do? If they said nothing they'd be criticised anyway.

And others dishing Szmodics for cheating need to look at our own divers in Johnson and Grant.

Saturday's was amazingly bad but I agree with others who think that sense of injustice should be used as fuel for the games ahead.

It's over. It's just a talking point, now, nobody should still be angry 36 hours later.

Unlike the Huddersfield debacle, not many Imps can say "I was there" when SS outdid Tom Daly.
I reckon MA will give most players at least 60 mins in the next 2 games. We just need to be a bit wary of 50/50 challenges in the Charlton match. They are still going full tilt to secure a playoff spot.

Well said but it’s easier said than done. And I won’t forget about it unless we win the Play-Offs.
Doubt he’s good enough to play there for long.

Let's face it he rested a couple against Peterborough ( Edun for example) and look how well the team still performed.
I'm not sure he did rest anyone, I think MA picked a team that had maximum pace and attacking intent to win the game by a wide margin - remember that we probably needed a large swing in goal difference as well as a win to potentially change Peterborough's requirement from the Doncaster game next Sunday. Edun and McGrandles are probably our two slowest players, Anderson and Bramall the fastest, and putting Rogers behind Hopper was also about pace going forward.

In any event, why would you rest players for your most important game for many years?

As for Saturday's disgrace, Mr Szmodics has potentially cost Lincoln £6 million and won that amount for his own financially desperate club (over £12 million in debt). That must never be forgotten, and I doubt whether he will ever be able to play a game at Sincil Bank as long as he lives. As for Cheaterborough, the best thing we can do is follow them up to the Championship and do all we can to relegate them next season.