Southampton v Aston Villa Match Thread - Sat 30 Jan - 8pm - Sky Sports | Page 15 | Vital Football

Southampton v Aston Villa Match Thread - Sat 30 Jan - 8pm - Sky Sports

What a quality goal that was, great initial ball from Targett, fantastic cross from Jack, super finish from Barkley....I know they’ve had the better of it that half but to hear the commentary team on Sky they’ve absolutely pummelled us....they’ve had no shots on target, we’ve had 3! Enough said!

Southampton played well that half, don’t think individuals were crap, we were just out of the game. Hopefully we can get a bit of control. They play very simple straight balls and it’s cutting us to shreds.

Was that a penalty? Think we got away with one :grinning:

I feel like the cities fans the other week. The balls deflected off his torso and the balls hit his arm. Rules are rules you know!

Although, I'd fuming if i was them lot.

While i admire their general play, Southampton really haven’t created anything substantial. We’re giving up much of the park but it doesn’t appear to be hurting us.

Very good defensively this far.

I've a personal vendetta against Ward-Prowse because of how well he typically plays against Grealish. And you know he's there to do nothing but stop him play. Great to see the goal come from that side.

I've a personal vendetta against Ward-Prowse because of how well he typically plays against Grealish. And you know he's there to do nothing but stop him play. Great to see the goal come from that side.
I would love for us to be in for him in the summer. What a signing that would be.

How many times can we leave them with 5yds of space near or even in our box. Someone is gonna shoot and get it on target soon.

And stop them strolling through our midfield please.