Sissoko 4.5
Dier 5.5
Bergwijn 5.5

Jose 3

The Times:

Hart 5, Doherty 5, Sánchez 5, Tanganga 5, Davies 6, Lo Celso 5, Hojbjerg 6,
Ndombele 6, Bale 6, Moura 5, Son Heung-min 6

Bergwijn 5, Sissoko 5

How the journalist came up with those ratings for the back 4, I don't know.

Hart 4, Doherty 3, Sanchez 3, Tanganga 6, Davies 4, Lo Celso 4, Hojbjerg 6, N Dombele 6.5, Bale 4, Son 5.5, Moura 3. Bergwyn 6, Dier 6, Alli 6. Jose 3

The Times:

Bergwijn 5, Sissoko 5

Because for them it's just another game, one of many. They don't scrutinise a game the way fans do. Media ratings to my mind invariably serve little value, and more often than not can create a misleading impression of what happened out on the pitch.

Because for them it's just another game, one of many. They don't scrutinise a game the way fans do. Media ratings to my mind invariably serve little value, and more often than not can create a misleading impression of what happened out on the pitch.

Media ratings are generally higher but still mostly follow the same trend for performances good or bad. The media ratings I post also include websites devoted to Spurs and London clubs. With the media it depends on who is rating on the day I guess. This match will include sky sport, the times, express and evening standard ratings when I put them up.

The Times:

Bergwijn 5, Sissoko 5

I agree it was more like Doherty 3, Sanchez 4, Davies 4.5 and Tangana 6 or 7.

Average ratings against Lask across 10 media/ websites and 5 posters. Media in second column.
Hart 4, 4.35
Doherty 3.10, 4.85
Sanchez 3.10, 4.70
Tanganga 6.20, 5.85
Davies 4.50, 5 65
Hojbjerg 5.90, 6.10
Loco 4.10, 5.30
Ndombele 6, 6.60
Moura 3.80, 4.95
Son 5.70, 6.55
Bale 4.70, 6.10
Bergwijn 5.80, 6.15
Sissoko 4.70, 5.50
Dier 5.70, 5.30
Alli 6, 6.30.

Jose 3.

I don't know what game the media were watching to give Davies and Lo Celso more than 5. They were in the same sub-standard boat as Moura, Sanchez, and Doherty.

Lloris 8 - good handling and decision making all game. Glad he was fit to play
Aurier 8.5 - another good performance. Our first choice RB.
Toby 9 - slotted straight back in
Dier 9 - now surely England's first choice centre half.
Reggie 8 - consistent once more.
Hojberg 9 - the guv'nor in the midfield.
Sissoko 7 - a bunch of clumsy touches again and offered nothing offensively. Stuck to his task though.
Gio 7.5- a tough role with the gap between our defensive players and the forwards. Did ok though
Bergwijn 8.5 - another massive shift and the big reason we can play with 3 up top. His football brain is always active.
Kane 7.5 - did what he needed to do
Son 7 - great goal, but switched off defensively a bunch of times

Subs
Davies 7 - did what he needed to do
Moura 6 - worked hard, but lost the ball stupidly 3 or 4 times at the end of the game.
Rodon - not enough time to tell

Jose 8.5
Most managers know how to setup for the low block. His big test comes when he has to do something more elaborate.

Ratings vs Arsenal

Lloris 8.5 - Glad he was fit to play. After Thursday evening an afternoon of Joe Hart was a scary prospect.
Aurier 9 - Biggest positive of Doherty's signing so far has been that Aurier has lifted his game to a new level. Thought he was terrific on the day.
Dier 8.5 - Together with Toby is now forming an outstanding CB partnership. By far England's best CB currently.
Alderweireld 8 - Wouldn't it be great if after his years of service, which looked as if it may have come to an end, he won the title with a new partner this season. Eat your heart out Jan!
Reguilon 7.5 - Didn't manage to get forward much (possibly because Hojbjerg was often popping up on the left wing), but did a sound job defensively.
Sissoko 8 - Has put in three excellent DM performances against City, Chelsea and Arsenal. His selection in this role for these types of fixture shouldn't be questioned.
Hojbjerg 8.5 - What Lineker is to crisps, this guy should be to detergents, he cleans up everywhere. No matter where on the pitch he always seems to be first to a loose ball.
Lo Celso 7.5 - Put in a decent performance, but increasingly reminds me of Lamela. Often injured, works hard and puts it about a bit in midfield, but doesn't really exercise any control over the CM/AM. Maybe Eriksen will be a good option in January! AM creativity is to my mind our biggest weakness.
Bergwijn 8 - Something good happened between Jose and Berg when he was sent back from the Dutch national team. Still doubt his attacking ability, but he has been given an opportunity in three big matches, and has thoroughly deserved his place.
Kane 8.5 - As Spurs fans we are privileged to watch Harry and Sonny playing together each week. Greatest thing to happen to Spurs since Greaves and Gilzean.
Son 8 - Sometimes this lad seems to be from another planet. His goal yesterday was one of those rare 'where did that come from' moments.
Subs
Davies 7.5 - There's no better player to have available as a sub when the first priority is to defend a lead.

Jose 8 - Since joining Spurs Jose is re-inventing himself from the not so special one, back to the level where he believes he should be. Long may it last.

Sorry guys if this spoils the figures but if we win against Arsenal its the full house

Lloris 10
Aurier 10
Toby 10
Dier 11
Reggie 10
Sissoko 10
PEH 10
Lo Celso 10
Berg 10
Kane 10
Son 10

Jose 10

Seriously, this is a Sky reporter's ratings of our players yesterday:

Lloris 7
Aurier 7
Toby 7
Dier 7
Reggie 7
Sissoko 6
PEH 9
Lo Celso 5
Berg 5
Kane 8
Son 7

He/she had this to say about Berg "The Netherlands forward was largely anonymous, often having to work back to support his team-mates, especially in the second half."

Seriously, this is a Sky reporter's ratings of our players yesterday:

Lloris 7
Aurier 7
Toby 7
Dier 7
Reggie 7
Sissoko 6
PEH 9
Lo Celso 5
Berg 5
Kane 8
Son 7

He/she had this to say about Berg "The Netherlands forward was largely anonymous, often having to work back to support his team-mates, especially in the second half."
I sometimes wonder if these media guys who produce these ratings actually watch the game, watch the game while watching other matches simultaneously, or just depend on the highlights. They certainly don't watch the game with the same scrutiny or intensity of a fan.