Match Thread: Plymouth Argyle v Lincoln City | Page 23 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Plymouth Argyle v Lincoln City

still very unsure about Archibald and Melbourne??

Archibald is the kind of player who needs a constant run of 90 minute games to get into a flow which unfortunately he's unlikely to get whilst we have others playing pretty well in his position.
Melbourne need to get more consistency in his game

Melbourne needs to work on the accuracy of his passing, and not getting caught on the ball. Might also come good given a run of games, and the risk is part of the ‘project’ to improve him over a couple of years I suppose. Same applies to Edun and roughan.

We just need to make sure we get 3 points back there in the league

they could be a league 2 side next year after being stuffed 4 nil by a championship club in round 3.

I think today proved why we need to reach 50 points in the league.

the youngster are coming along but we need to secure more points in the league before we can blood them fully.

as they are young they can only get better. I think this season we will be mid table and next we will be dangerous.

the only player I am not keen on is Melbourne. I can only assume they see potential and he doesn’t cost the earth.

Frustrating to watch although we were by far the better team. The stats will be pretty interesting. I thought Gotts played his best game, but faded a bit in the second half. Edun was my man of the match.
Can someone tell Hortin that it is not Liam Scully on the pitch.

If we get promoted to the championship the 1.5 million loss will be wiped out, promotion to the championship worth far more than a cup run .
Just need to start scoring goals

Frustrating to watch although we were by far the better team. The stats will be pretty interesting. I thought Gotts played his best game, but faded a bit in the second half. Edun was my man of the match.
Do you mean the Darth Vader of the broadcasting world?

We did the right thing today in my opinion. The schedule has been frantic with such a small & young squad. Therefore with a big game on Tuesday to cement out place in the top 3, we had to mix things up.

We have been superb to date, so not getting to hung up about today. If I had one eye on January I would say we are a left back and a striker short from being right in the mix.

He says it every week.

Right I'm off to cook me and the gorgeous Wife some spaghetti alla puttanesca
Ah, one of my favourite dishes - translates as 'roman whore's spaghetti' . One of the few dishes I know how to cook successfully. After a few goes, I find using good quality anchovies is the key.

Maybe. I get it, just think I prefer the Plymouth school of just playing a stronger side. I'm not saying either approach is right or wrong tbh (re: rotation), but Plymouth have to travel miles to play everyone and they played, bar Mayor, a very strong side. If we really wanted to rest Grant he could have not travelled at all, or at least not come on when we were 2-0 down? Just seems the worst of all worlds to me.

I still think we'll finish around 10th or something as I don't think the Montsma scoring 1 in 2/Grant pens are sustainable, so a warchest from the cup would be grand and entertaining. Hopefully I'm wrong and we win the playoffs and are laughing and I'm a mug for being bothered about not going for cup ties. Mapp will have forgotten more about football than I know; just think there isn't an obviously correct approach to resting for the cup really and I don't love what we've done today.

I think it's a cup tie DC might have won? But appreciate they are different schools of manager.
Yeah I think we'll settle down around there as well.

Is he still getting that wrong? The man is an absolute buffoon, does he ever do any prep?

Anyway, thanks to a couple of friendly folk on here I’ve worked out how to change the audio to the other side for the last couple of games and it’s made a huge difference to watching the game.