Cowleys sacked | Page 14 | Vital Football

Cowleys sacked

Yes they did OK, but remember the team that got our 1st promotion was the Moyses Brown team. And the other thing that hurt a lot of supporters was the way they got rid of Matt Rhead, I and many more thought he could have done us a really good job, helping MA steady the ship in his building job. The Cowleys did good but also, not that sincere in my honest opinion. Come on boys

And I see now Matt is doing a really good job at Boreham o get them promoted and I really hope he does it along with Grant Smith, another one who deserved better, and now we move on, all the best Michael A.

Yes they did OK, but remember the team that got our 1st promotion was the Moyses Brown team. And the other thing that hurt a lot of supporters was the way they got rid of Matt Rhead, I and many more thought he could have done us a really good job, helping MA steady the ship in his building job. The Cowleys did good but also, not that sincere in my honest opinion. Come on boys

And I see now Matt is doing a really good job at Boreham o get them promoted and I really hope he does it along with Grant Smith, another one who deserved better, and now we move on, all the best Michael A.

You're heavily overcrediting Moyses, especially as you see how much more the Cowleys got out of that team... if anything it makes them look better.

'OK' is an understatement for two promotions from where we were, and a FA Cup QF...

When I first read this post I thought it was a wind up...I am still not convinced it wasn’t.

‘They did okay...’ That has to be one of the biggest understatements of all time. To take the club which was moribund and going nowhere to where they did was nothing short of miraculous.
In addition I must have missed the games that Raggett, Woodyard, Habergham, Arnold, Anderson, Robinson, Marriott and Long played when Moyses was in charge. They can’t have done much in those games as I remember very little about their impact (Or lack of it).
Chris Moyses steadied the ship, no question, and brought in some decent players. However it was the Cowleys who got the best out of those players, and the rest of the squad.

This is complete and utter garbage! They are ruthless as virtually all successful people are but come on, really! As someone who has watched the Imps home and away since the 80's I can honestly say they gave us the absolute best 3 years I have ever experienced. "Did ok" what a rediculous thing to say!

But they were in the past and MA is our future and he needs and deserves to be given our support. But don't ever belittle what the Cowleys did for our club because they brought us out of the doldrums and onto a different level.

"Did ok" Jeez sometimes I despair!!

Last edited:
My gut feeling, as o

I don't want to join in on the 'pile on' but this creeping revisionism of what they did for this football club is starting to grate with me. "Did ok", as mentioned, is the understatement of the century.

I love Rhead as much as anyone but let's not forget he was a free agent for a long time so MA could have signed him if he'd wanted to.

I think the Cowleys are on record that persuading Matt to stay was one of their most significant successes and Rheady is on record stating he was out the door with a deal pretty much done elsewhere before the Cowleys got in their car and went to Stoke and won him over.

Jesus Franky. You'll be calling for us to sign Akinfenwa next.

Moyses always deserves credit for signing half the players that won the conference, and especially the legend that will always be, Rheady.
But! Beyond ludicrous to say the Cowleys only "did ok".
Quite simply the best trio of seasons in our club's long history, and pretty damned sure we won't see such a level of success again.