Race Issues/Riots/Protests/BLM | Page 29 | Vital Football

Race Issues/Riots/Protests/BLM

Doesn't make for decent reading, I haven't delved into dates etc to know what curve (if any he was on - career/reformed/trying to reform etc) but I can imagine plenty in some corners are using his record as a justification.

I'd just assumed it was reasonably well known from the coverage though.

George Floyd's criminal record has absolutely nothing to do with being murdered by a police officer. I am not really sure why it is being mentioned here.

I'm only mentioning it because to hear some ppl (not on here) it's like he was such a perfect individual. Once I read what he did to a pregnant lady and an old lady then my view of him was not the same.

Actually having done a quick search (accuracy can be somewhat debated owing to the claims of fentanyl or whatever the drug supposedly was in his system) but it seems accepted he was turning his life around and that's why he moved to Minnie to begin with as he wanted away from his old temptations after his most recent release and his record seems to be clean since 2014ish.

I am going to switch off, but if you google the one copper, think it is the **** who tortured Floyd to death (if he was guilty of something, it wasn't for him to dish out the sentence and punishment, it was for due process to do it) and you will see he had a criminal record as well. I might already have linked it, I did somewhere.

But must switch off. Had enough, want to fill my mind with something more pleasant for a few hours... I am even going to leave newsnight until tomorrow! lol

Actually having done a quick search (accuracy can be somewhat debated owing to the claims of fentanyl or whatever the drug supposedly was in his system) but it seems accepted he was turning his life around and that's why he moved to Minnie to begin with as he wanted away from his old temptations after his most recent release and his record seems to be clean since 2014ish.

Wasn't he arrested for using a counterfeit bill? Maybe a tiny crime compared to his past, but still a crime.

The whole thing is just sad.

George Floyd's criminal record has absolutely nothing to do with being murdered by a police officer. I am not really sure why it is being mentioned here.

Might be that his violent criminal past was why the cop was pinning him down though, a quick computer check perhaps revealed he could be dangerous.
Nobody deserves to die like that we are all agreed but he was no angel was he as he is being portrayed by the media

Not sure SJH, and with how easy it is to come over dodgy notes if there was an arrest but no charge, unless this was the event build up to this, I'm inclined to discount it.

As for JF, yes, the copper certainly had a decent complaint record it seems but without knowing the details, I'm not sure whether there was a race bias or whether he was just a fist happy thug.

Might be that his violent criminal past was why the cop was pinning him down though, a quick computer check perhaps revealed he could be dangerous.
Nobody deserves to die like that we are all agreed but he was no angel was he as he is being portrayed by the media

No mate, any Command/Control (or whatever it's called in the US - acronyms have escaped me) would only instantly flag any currently existing warrants for his arrest. It seems clear he had none, so there would've been no way for those Coppers to know his historical record and any warning notes on his likely behaviour response.

The Cops can't hide behind that one here.

And again, despite being an illegal move these days, I can fully appreciate a solo copper using the knee until he had support or had cuffed up, but that wriggle room ends at 30-60 seconds.

3 other Cops, cuffs in place, you can restrain with hands and weight....you don't need a knee of any kind at that point.

I've not seen him portrayed as an angel to be honest, but a violent criminal past doesn't mean someone can kneel on his neck and choke him to death for nine minutes.

Fantastic, Boris has spoken.

Boris Johnson has urged the country to "work peacefully, lawfully" to defeat racism and discrimination.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-52973338

We can expect that racism enquiry into the Tory party to kick off long before 3065 then, given it was promised months ago.

200w.webp

Fantastic, Boris has spoken.

Boris Johnson has urged the country to "work peacefully, lawfully" to defeat racism and discrimination.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-52973338
Didn't he also say earlier that he didn't think the UK was a racist country? Make your mind up Alexander!

But forgive me for not taking advice on tackling racism from the man who uses phrases like "piccaninnies" and "watermelon smiles" and who describes Middle Eastern women as "walking pillar boxes".

Ahhhh my dear idiot Lewis, the brain is like a gearbox, get out of angry fuckwit and try sense.

"There's talks of it going into a museum. That man's statue should stay in the river just like the 20,000 African souls who died on the journey here and thrown into the sea, with no burial or memorial. He stole them from their families, country and he must not be celebrated!"
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/52967675

So is Hamilton arguing that just like we should forget about Colston, we shouldn't talk about slavery and we should leave that topic buried at the bottom of a river and nobody learns anything?

Utter arsehole. Could someone with standing in that community tell him to shut up and point out he's not helping or making sense (again!).

Oh I can turn a wheel, you must listen to me.

Didn't he also say earlier that he didn't think the UK was a racist country? Make your mind up Alexander!

But forgive me for not taking advice on tackling racism from the man who uses phrases like "piccaninnies" and "watermelon smiles" and who describes Middle Eastern women as "walking pillar boxes".

He's de Pfeffel'ed himself again, quite clearly!

Ahhhh my dear idiot Lewis, the brain is like a gearbox, get out of angry fuckwit and try sense.

"There's talks of it going into a museum. That man's statue should stay in the river just like the 20,000 African souls who died on the journey here and thrown into the sea, with no burial or memorial. He stole them from their families, country and he must not be celebrated!"
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/52967675
I think Lewis Hamilton needs to read up a bit on this - Colston transported slaves from Africa to the Caribbean and the Americas, not here.