Best ever RE song/chant | Vital Football

Best ever RE song/chant

Not the Rainham End as such, but I'll never forget the glory of 4,000 Gills fans at the New Den singing "2-0 and you f*cked it up". The knuckle-draggers went mental. Marvellous.

I also enjoyed "1-0 to the youth team" after we took the lead at Burton at the end of our League 2 winning season, playing a lot of the kids.

Not a song or a chant, but the dam busters march as the old boy walked past used to crack me up.
Yes, I remember him, they used to do the arms outstretched as wings too. Funny thing about that is that I'm convinced he didn't have a clue what it was all about.
Does he still go? (Not right at this moment obviously)

Yes, I remember him, they used to do the arms outstretched as wings too. Funny thing about that is that I'm convinced he didn't have a clue what it was all about.
Not seen him for a few years now, I think he was aware as I've known him acknowledge the fans.

Nope, sorry. Palace yes, us cannot remember. Maybe others will. Song not released until 1964, my first Gillingham game was not until 67, so I could have missed it.

Goals, goals we want more goals, give the ball to Shearer give the ball to Shearer.
Or
Ken clap clap Price. Ken clap clap Price.

"Who's up Mary Brown, who's up Mary Brown, Tommy, Tommy Docherty, Tommy, Tommy Docherty" followed by "Who's up Mary Brown, who's up Mary Brown, half the f#*%ing Rainham end, half the f#*%ing Rainham End"

Yes, I believe he didn't have a clue it was about him. In a boring game I used to look forward to his trip to the loo just to hear the song. Also wonder whar happened to him. Hope he is still alive.

I used to love hearing the Gills come out to "United we stand, divided we fall" just after a rendition of the 20th Century Fox music (1960's?).

I always liked the one that went "My old man said be a [insert opposition team] fan, I said fuck off bollocks you're a ****!"

When I was 13 and grown men around me were bawling it out at the top of their voices, it was the finest thing I'd ever heard in my life.
Yes, loved that. Could join in. My churchgoing dad would have had a fit if he'd known I swore like that from the age of eight (went with a neighbour).

Copyright 1971
'Yurgunnagetcherfuggineadskickedinn!'
Followed by the lyrical...
'My old man said follow the van.'

Hate thuggery and violence but a bit easy to look back and blame it on all the lead in petrol!!