The Official Vital Car Cleaning Thread | Vital Football

The Official Vital Car Cleaning Thread

col8

Vital Football Legend
Do other people spend lots of money on car cleaning gear over the course of a year or is it just me? I used to use a wash and wax bucket and car washing brush but recently purchased a foam lance for the Karcher pressure washer.

With the other lotions and potions I looked at 4 products and it was a wack of money when it was added up.

Meguiars polish and compound £18 a bottle etc and one else?

It's just you Col I never wash mine, never see the point. I love driving but never been a polisher.

I suppose working with cars nearly every day since I was 16, gives me a different perspective on them. I love cars, I'd even say I was a petrol head.
When I had my Lexus 8 years ago it was coated in some special stuff and they gave me a cleaning kit with it... I've still got most of that kit except the shampoo sachets which went in the first year then the novelty wore off.

Now my Step-Daughters boyfriend spends most of his time cleaning his car,"detailing" it, never goes anywhere just cleans it.

I cleaned my last August before I went to a wedding, that's how I know when it was. It has rained since though

I suspect the kit to which you refer is "SupaGuard" where you got the "acid rain shampoo" sachets and a can of spray to keep the alloys clean.

The garage I used top work for sold this to customers with a treatment for carpets, seats etc.

I detest washing cars . Boring , takes ages and the moment you drive them its all wasted time and effort.

8 quid per car for the best hand car wash in the land near me who do a far better job than I ever do and I can sit and look at my phone while they do it .

The small matter of them being of questionable immigration status, being paid peanuts and probably living in squalor is a cross I am willing to bear :whist:.

I have a pressure washer that I used to do the car with but now I use it for the conservatory and the slabs. The Romanians at the garage by me do a superb wash , wax and valet on the inside for £15. No way can I match their standards and for the money to me it is a no brainer.

I suspect the kit to which you refer is "SupaGuard" where you got the "acid rain shampoo" sachets and a can of spray to keep the alloys clean.

The garage I used top work for sold this to customers with a treatment for carpets, seats etc.

Spot on Col the Lexus was done all over with it for something silly like 300 quid , it worked well on the paint but the seats were pale grey and I was constantly getting marks off the driver's seat,
Ironically I gave the car away to my Stepdaughters Boyfriend who is now in his element cleaning it, it looks brilliant, wish I'd sold it to him now because it is a great car except for the constant EGR problems which is why I gave it not sold it.

Not my problem anymore as I can't drive due to a neurology condition:

I do have my scooty scoot though. My mobility on wheels I scoot all round York on. She does 10 miles plus on 1 full battery

I have a pressure washer that I used to do the car with but now I use it for the conservatory and the slabs. The Romanians at the garage by me do a superb wash , wax and valet on the inside for £15. No way can I match their standards and for the money to me it is a no brainer.
I try not to encourage them to be honest, I moan like heck about all these illegal car washes everywhere and I used one once about 10 years ago, then thought what am I doing

I try not to encourage them to be honest, I moan like heck about all these illegal car washes everywhere and I used one once about 10 years ago, then thought what am I doing

These lads started out on a garage forecourt now they have converted the old drive through car wash into a washing bay for 3 cars and have built a big canopy outdoors to do the polishing etc. The have even installed floodlights so they can work in the dark. With that level of development I would be surprised if it wasn't legit but one thing is for certain they absolutely graft their balls off.

Used to take it up the road to a good bunch of Iranian lads, but now I've sorted myself a new hose (I didn't like the cartridge/reel hose in my gym where the tap is (!) but the crinkle hose is ace and doesn't leak. Got a karcher but not the foam lance thing, don't fancy that, I use a bucket and sponge and the turtle wax car shampoo.

I won't be doing it that often, once a month maybe!

These lads started out on a garage forecourt now they have converted the old drive through car wash into a washing bay for 3 cars and have built a big canopy outdoors to do the polishing etc. The have even installed floodlights so they can work in the dark. With that level of development I would be surprised if it wasn't legit but one thing is for certain they absolutely graft their balls off.

They might well be legit now but there are 100's that aren't and are doing legitimate cars washes out of business. A bit like drug dealers going legit on the illegal takings they were doing before.

If you are using a hand car wash where the workers are washing car after car in jeans and trainers then i would suggest it's a pretty ropey one
Some form of waterproof clothing should really be provided to people working with jet sprays, buckets and sponges day in day out. Probably exception rather than the rule that such places exist from what I have seen.

I pay the Bangladeshis £2 to wash mine when it gets really dirty.

So far, I've had this truck for over a year and I've had it washed once. I don't want the Bangladeshis getting spoiled.

Eastern European / Albanian drug cartels front for money laundering operations. Worst kept secret ever

Yeah I always suspect the non-english speaking guys washing cars at the side of the road in the cold and rain are not doing it for fun and I also suspect they aint getting the living wage..