Team v Leicester | Page 2 | Vital Football

Team v Leicester

It will most likely be an unchanged side from the Wolves game. Farke was better last season at dropping players who underperformed and trusting his squad, it feels like this season he has turned a little Alex Neil (all be it with more attractive football) and now has his favourites no matter what.

Probably because last season he had far more players capable of playing at the Championship level and so could leave a few out if necessary.

Josh Martin was training with 1st team today ahead of the game. Will he be on the bench? I think it would be smarter to have a young defender on the bench just incase.

Who?

Famewo, Bushiri, Odusinia and Richards are out on loan. Furthermore Lomas may have already left for Tampa on loan.

So that leaves Thomas the right back who has been training with the first team squad.

Who?

Famewo, Bushiri, Odusinia and Richards are out on loan. Furthermore Lomas may have already left for Tampa on loan.

So that leaves Thomas the right back who has been training with the first team squad.
You answered your own question. Thomas. I only asked for one. I think it's crazy to go with No back up. Stiepermann is not a defender neither is Tettey or say Rupp. As you mentioned thomas has been training with 1st team so get him on the bench. Lomas is already in Tampa you're right he looks a good player too.

Probably because last season he had far more players capable of playing at the Championship level and so could leave a few out if necessary.

Fair but it also looks at the moment that most of the starting line up is also playing at a Championship level. I would argue that the only players who have shown true consistent Premiership quality are Krul (who has been our best player) Pukki (up until the Leicester game where he got injured since then he seems to have the yips) Buendia (When he is focused) and Aarons.

Others have shown potential but inconsistently. I would say some players who have been dropped deserve another go, such as Stiepermann who hasn't had a great season but actually played well against Spurs and hasn't played since in the league and Vrancic a similar case.

Another thing to take into consideration is form, one player may have a better base level than another but if they're out of form it may do them well to be taken out of the team for a couple of games. Buendias best form came after he was dropped and Cantwell is another player who seems to benefit from a rest, so why couldn't other players?

Edit - I forgot Byram, he has looked Prem quality.

Last edited:
Maybe for a time for change in team / tactics to suit what we have
available.
Start by not picking same losing team, drop Mc Crap, bring in Emi,
drop Rupp and Duda and bring in footballers.

Godfrey was shocking v Wolves yet will play , and I bet Farke won’t rant on for 7 minutes about Godfrey and then drop him .

Hernandez out for at least 8 weeks.

DF talks about Emi again

Also says...

'Mario and Mo haven't been involved much recently, nor have Tom or Marco. I'm always tempted to bring them in but I have to find the right balance in every game to play them.
He says that they aren't as physical as others but even with McLean and Tettey we arent

Df says he is pleased with Duda and we can't forget how good wmgevwas against Bournemouth ...1 game come on!

Fair but it also looks at the moment that most of the starting line up is also playing at a Championship level. I would argue that the only players who have shown true consistent Premiership quality are ..... Buendia (When he is focused) .

Thats the point.

In one game i saw him dribble around players as if they were not there and I was thinking: Is this the player with the most skill I have ever seen play for Norwich?....
Then I have seen him give the ball away too easy.