Rolling Specubollox Thread | Page 98 | Vital Football

Rolling Specubollox Thread

Well they would say that wouldn't they!

Yep, although what's interesting here is that Duncan Castles, who is said to be close to Portuguese football agent Jorge Mendes, suggested yesterday that City's alleged interest was a ruse to force Fernandes price up because of United's interest.

Then today we hear from the journos that City normally brief that we have made no approach to sign him.

Smoke and mirrors and cloaks and daggers are what transfer windows are made of.

Yep, although what's interesting here is that Duncan Castles, who is said to be close to Portuguese football agent Jorge Mendes, suggested yesterday that City's alleged interest was a ruse to force Fernandes price up because of United's interest.

Then today we hear from the journos that City normally brief that we have made no approach to sign him.

Smoke and mirrors and cloaks and daggers are what transfer windows are made of.

Guess rags will have to pay over the odds what with having neither a charismatically successful manager nor CL footie to offer any prospective employees. But we will have to sign a DM player at some point, preferably sooner rather than later...

On a slightly surreal tangent I wonder if a clubs status is confined to the playing staff - I'd love it if for instance admin staff turned down jobs because a club wasn't in the PL/CL etc or 'work in your club shop - are you fucking with me?!' As with most things it's probably just me...

Guess rags will have to pay over the odds what with having neither a charismatically successful manager nor CL footie to offer any prospective employees. But we will have to sign a DM player at some point, preferably sooner rather than later...

On a slightly surreal tangent I wonder if a clubs status is confined to the playing staff - I'd love it if for instance admin staff turned down jobs because a club wasn't in the PL/CL etc or 'work in your club shop - are you fucking with me?!' As with most things it's probably just me...

He's not a DM, plays more advanced.

I think Atletico's Rodrigo is our DM target.

I imagine that for a generation of young players ie late teens we have been the predominantly successful PL club, the rags are as relevant as say Huddersfield, Portsmouth or Charlton sides are to us in days of yore. Give it another five years and players will shrug when rag managers try to seduce them with the clubs history.

With Leroy not signing a new contract I think he will be sold this summer, which is a shame, but life goes on. Munich would have to be in the picture. Slotting the Doctor and Red Kev into our best team puts him on the bench and he thinks he is better than that, so offski.

With Leroy not signing a new contract I think he will be sold this summer, which is a shame, but life goes on. Munich would have to be in the picture. Slotting the Doctor and Red Kev into our best team puts him on the bench and he thinks he is better than that, so offski.
I think you are right, JK, but I will be very sorry to see him go. If he does, then I certainly don't want him to go to a rival here. He would strengthen them.

I think you are right, JK, but I will be very sorry to see him go. If he does, then I certainly don't want him to go to a rival here. He would strengthen them.
I love to watch him play for us, but he is not good at tracking back and does give the pill away a bit more than most. With both Bayern wingers retiring he should get a regular game, but there is no point in running out his contract with us.

Manchester City are delighted to announce the signing of England striker Ellen White.

The forward will join the Club on 1 July on a two-year deal from Birmingham City, following this summer’s Women’s World Cup in France, and will wear the number 18 shirt.

White, who has 80 caps for her country, boasts a glittering CV, adorned with silverware and individual awards. Having helped Leeds to clinch the 2010 Premier League Cup, she went on to achieve domestic glory with Arsenal, lifting the 2011 and 2012 league titles, 2011 and 2013 FA Women’s Cups and the 2011, 2012 and 2013 League Cups.

She was named the Super League’s Player of the Month in March 2018 and claimed the league’s Golden Boot prize for a prolific 2017/18 campaign, earning Birmingham’s Player of the Season award in recognition, and hopes to achieve further success in sky blue.

https://www.mancity.com/news/mcwfc/mcwfc-news/2019/may/man-city-sign-ellen-white