January 2019 Transfer Window | Page 44 | Vital Football

January 2019 Transfer Window

• Thread starter Deleted member 7310
  • Start date
I was sat with someone who is in a position to know; he believed his diet was still pretty dreadful, carrying too much brown fat and always has been - and that is part of his 'issue' - and yes said he's still packing too many pounds

He looks pretty chunky in the pics I posted from his Insta.

Tottenham keen on Hoffenheim midfielder Florian Grillitsch

By Lyall Thomas

Last Updated: 10/01/19 1:43pm

skysports-florian-grillitsch_4542514.jpg

Florian Grillitsch, pictured during his time with Werder Bremen, is wanted by Tottenham

Tottenham are keen on Hoffenheim midfielder Florian Grillitsch, according to Sky sources.

It is understood Spurs scouts have been watching Grillitsch play at club and international level this season - and they like what they have seen.

The 23-year-old Austria international is also thought to have a release clause in his contract, which has more than two-and-a-half years left to run, of just over £18m.

skysports-mauricio-pochettino_4537016.jpg

Mauricio Pochettino is understood to be keen on the midfielder
Grillitsch's name is thought to be on a list of potential successors to Mousa Dembele, who appears close to a move to the Chinese Super League following an acceptable offer lodged by Beijing Sinobo Guoan earlier this week.
Also on Spurs' list is understood to be Borussia Monchengladbach's Denis Zakaria, who Spurs chief scout Steve Hitchen has continued to track since the Switzerland international's switch to Germany.

According to Sky sources, Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino asked for regular updates on the 22-year-old during his time at Swiss side Young Boys.
Tottenham have been scouting for Dembele's successor for almost two years, and have seen players they admire such as Geoffrey Kondogbia and Matteo Guendouzi sign for other top clubs.
But they have been monitoring a number of other number-eight-style midfielders, including the likes of Tanguy N'Dombele, Abdoulaye Doucoure, Donny van de Beek, Sander Berge and Morgan Sanson.

But they have been monitoring a number of other number-eight-style midfielders, including the likes of Tanguy N'Dombele, Abdoulaye Doucoure, Donny van de Beek, Sander Berge and Morgan Sanson.

Along with Kessie, it seems like they have a good shortlist. Not sure what N’Dombele would go for. I know he’s been linked with Barca, so I expect him and Doucoure and Kessie will be priced somewhere north of what Levy will shell out.

Supposedly we are also monitoring Tom Bayliss. Of all of them, that’s who I’d go for (apologies to my countryman, Sander Berge). Bayliss is young, with bags of talent, English, homegrown - and our midfield is good enough that we don’t necessarily need to like-for-like replace Dembele yesterday.

Tottenham keen on Hoffenheim midfielder Florian Grillitsch

By Lyall Thomas

Last Updated: 10/01/19 1:43pm

skysports-florian-grillitsch_4542514.jpg

Florian Grillitsch, pictured during his time with Werder Bremen, is wanted by Tottenham

Tottenham are keen on Hoffenheim midfielder Florian Grillitsch, according to Sky sources.

It is understood Spurs scouts have been watching Grillitsch play at club and international level this season - and they like what they have seen.

The 23-year-old Austria international is also thought to have a release clause in his contract, which has more than two-and-a-half years left to run, of just over £18m.

skysports-mauricio-pochettino_4537016.jpg

Mauricio Pochettino is understood to be keen on the midfielder
Grillitsch's name is thought to be on a list of potential successors to Mousa Dembele, who appears close to a move to the Chinese Super League following an acceptable offer lodged by Beijing Sinobo Guoan earlier this week.
Also on Spurs' list is understood to be Borussia Monchengladbach's Denis Zakaria, who Spurs chief scout Steve Hitchen has continued to track since the Switzerland international's switch to Germany.

According to Sky sources, Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino asked for regular updates on the 22-year-old during his time at Swiss side Young Boys.
Tottenham have been scouting for Dembele's successor for almost two years, and have seen players they admire such as Geoffrey Kondogbia and Matteo Guendouzi sign for other top clubs.

He looks too slight to make it as a DM in the PL.

It's that google list again - Donny van de Beek, Sander Berge, Florian Gillitsch and Morgan Sanson.

We can already rule out Tanguy N'Dombele, Abdoulaye Doucoure and Frankie de Jong as we're about 1 or 2 windows too late based on our transfer financial capabilities and procrastinated negotiation tactics.

Couldn't help myself but found myself googling Wilmar Barrios. Looks like he's linked with Everton to replace Idrissa Gueye who is being eyed by PSG, who are looking for cheapish FFP compliant signings. That's a little confusing as I thought Doucoure was PSG's main target to replace the outgoing Rabiot. Everton may also go in for Thiago Mendes.

I keep seeing a bunch of clues but can't figure out what's happening with all of these centre mids. It's intriguing watching it play out.

I love all this speculation, but Poch has said more than once that he doubts we'll make any January signings, so we'll just have to wait and see

I love all this speculation, but Poch has said more than once that he doubts we'll make any January signings, so we'll just have to wait and see

We've only made two jan signings in the last five years, so suspect the odds on us signing anyone in Jan aren't great.

Poch is a true yid, he knows it best to be pessimistic and not have high hopes.

True yid? Maybe. Though I suspect he may be a realist. In reality, 1 player is gone. 1-3 more may depart as well. If no signings happen this window, the next isn’t far away. I’m not hoping for much in terms of net spend, but is it too much to hope for a couple of shrewd signings in 2019?

We should be looking at some of the Leeds players...young eager fast aggressive even in defeat they keep going at 100 miles per hour...saw a few of their games over xmas and was highly impressed with their midfield and attack...