Spurs v Watford Carabao Cup | Page 2 | Vital Football

Spurs v Watford Carabao Cup

Anyone read the Keegan comments in an interview in the Guardian. They hit me like a hammer. Whatever you think of him I wish he'd talk to Lewis Levy and Pochettino.

"and goes straight on to his next bete noire – clubs that lack ambition. Say the word “consolidate” to Keegan and he’ll head straight for the door – as happened with Manchester City. “If you’re not going forward, what’s the point in sticking around? If the chairman says we’re looking forward to consolidate, that’s the time for you to say as a manager we’ll go backwards.”

Anyone read the Keegan comments in an interview in the Guardian. They hit me like a hammer. Whatever you think of him I wish he'd talk to Lewis Levy and Pochettino.

"and goes straight on to his next bete noire – clubs that lack ambition. Say the word “consolidate” to Keegan and he’ll head straight for the door – as happened with Manchester City. “If you’re not going forward, what’s the point in sticking around? If the chairman says we’re looking forward to consolidate, that’s the time for you to say as a manager we’ll go backwards.”

As I've said many times, even the illusion of forward momentum is better than admitting you're walking on the spot.

If we're not moving forward, we're standing still.

It's why I've found Poch's recent comments about not being contenders in any competition so disappointing, it also indicates that his ego is such that he now believes he is untouchable and doesn't give a sh*t what the fans would think of that commentary.

I hate to think what the players now think of it when they speak to their agents and they say 'we ain't winning anything, anytime soon - so says the gaffer...!'

Did Poch not say playing as we are we are not contenders ? Implying if we don't improve we will win nothing. Having said that, I think our best chance is the FA cup which we had a good run in last season.

Well, with Manure out, and one of Chelski/Piss out after today, this competition looks not too shabby for us if we win.

Did Poch not say playing as we are we are not contenders ? Implying if we don't improve we will win nothing. Having said that, I think our best chance is the FA cup which we had a good run in last season.

Agree, FA Cup would be awesome. With the EFL Cup, it's not as prestigious but at least it's all done by Feb and we get a bye in the August fixtures because of our CL status.

Well, with Manure out, and one of Chelski/Piss out after today, this competition looks not too shabby for us if we win.

We probably would have a good chance of winning the Carabao cup but it's 5 th and last in prestige rank. I can't see Poch playing our best players in it.

With our team and even squad we should have won the competition at least twice in the last 10 years.

I just hope we manage it this year

Scott is right...and I argue we should have won in probably more than twice.

I can't see this changing again regardless of who is left in it.

Though to be clear I want to go for it and win SOMETHING/ANYTHING.

If we win great. I know Poch said he was going to use Gazza for the competition and there are probably others like KWP, AMOS, Llorente, Sissoko, Foyth, Nkoudu, that he will have ear marked. The trouble is the further we go the harder it gets and is it fair to drop the players from the early stages ?

I agree with you that we won't win it so it would be better to go out tonight rather than pile on extra games and replays and get beat in the semi's or something like we always do.

Poch is going for it. Good to see Big vic back.

#THFC: Gazzaniga, Aurier, Alderweireld, Sanchez, Davies, Winks, Wanyama, Sissoko, Dele (C), Lamela, Lucas.

Good to see kanes not in the match squad.

Nightmare for Gomes. I think he's gonna be busy. We should batter them. I only know 2 of their players and one of them is Gomes !