The Politics Thread | Page 83 | Vital Football

The Politics Thread

My friend is a Labour party delegate, and I told her the other day I can't support them for this reason alone. We were talking about Israel, as she had just been to Palestine. Despite seeing first hand what suffering is being inflicted on the Palestinian people, nobody in the Labour Party is allowed to criticise Israel.

It's ridiculous. It's not anti-semitic to call out Israel for human rights violations. It's just what needs doing.

I'm sort of a Greenie, but they can't act sensibly enough to support seriously. Yes, go green as much as is implementable, but they want to change it all at once. People just won't go for that, and it's not practical.

Yes, agree Heathfield, I like the theory of a lot of the green stuff, but I don't see it as something I'd want to vote party wise, it's more an important policy.

If that makes sense!

I was at a Green Party garden party last summer, and suggested that it would be great if the party wasn't needed anymore, because it would mean that their policies would have been accepted by the major parties.

It didn't get a great reception.

Surely, that is the ultimate aim of green issues? That we all accept they are required?

May or may not be fake news,but wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. Dominic Raab is a vile man from what I have seen of him, so this would be well in keeping with what I expect from the man.

Article hits the notes doesn't it in terms of key phrases. Also easy prey going with 'closed' group and he might have linked with based on a post in the past, and they've since gone 'closed'.

Has to be considered despite other thoughts lol

It's an easy out for people to say they were added without their knowledge, but having been added to 'secret' groups in the past, I know how simple it is to excuse yourself from the group, which is surely a must for anyone with serious political aspirations?

Or maybe not - it does seem that in the current social and political climate, people with extreme and controversial views seem emboldened to let things play out. There seems to be almost zero accountability these days - anything goes, and anyone who sees fit to challenge is immediately a "snowflake" or some other derogatory name.

A very easy out, but such is Facebook it's designed to be an easy in as the article points out. As you say though, easy enough to change I guess but does give a defence of 'not paying attention' potentially if I'm trying to be fair.

Not a good state of affairs either way is it, and fairness cap off if somebody wants to be a serious MP is there an excuse for 'not paying attention'?

I still remember Liam Fox's resignation speech in Parliament....I apologise if I caused offence...paraphrased obviously but that was the thrust. No admittance of wrong doing an admittance of other people seeing wrong doing. He's far from alone in that.

does give a defence of 'not paying attention' potentially if I'm trying to be fair.

Don't be fair to Dominc Raab - he's a ****.

I still remember Liam Fox's resignation speech in Parliament....I apologise if I caused offence...paraphrased obviously but that was the thrust. No admittance of wrong doing an admittance of other people seeing wrong doing. He's far from alone in that.

Ah, the old "I apologise if... " routine! The only thing they are sorry for is that they got caught out! They massively regret getting caught, not actually doing wrong :lol:

I have to be fair, even when I don't want to!

Yup...again it stinks doesn't it. The Aussies are doing it now with sandpaper gate because it's become a norm.

Shit state of affairs in my humble.

British scientists at the Porton Down defence research laboratory have not established that the nerve agent used to poison Sergei and Yulia Skripal was made in Russia, it has emerged.

Gary Aitkenhead, the chief executive of the government’s Defence Science and Technology Laboratory (DSTL), said the poison had been identified as a military-grade novichok nerve agent, which could probably be deployed only by a nation state.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...s-unable-to-verify-precise-source-of-novichok

So there's no proof it was the Russians? The scientists at Porton Down couldn't confirm it? Hold on a minute, I'm sure the Foreign Secretary said they did...

DZ69pjuW4AERe7M.jpg-large.jpeg

Looks like someone's* telling porkies.

*Hint: it's probably NOT the scientists

The story I read said that it was intelligence that led them to Russia, not the lab.

The thing that gives me confidence is that the rest of Europe seems to agree, when they have every reason not to. You have to think they've seen the evidence as well, and agree?

That's not my point Heath. I don't care who did it, or how the government reached their conclusion.

It's the fact that Johnson yet again made something up, by claiming the people at Porton Down were categorical, which they most certainly were not.

Just the latest in a long line of lies peddled by Boris Johnson, and no seems remotely interested in holding him to account.