You've Now Been Told.............. | Vital Football

You've Now Been Told..............

redderthanred

Vital Reserves Team
Officially....

https://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/news/2018/march/joint-statement-ahead-of-east-midlands-derby/

I've never understood the mentality of people who indulge in that sort of stuff. Can't recall it ever happening in the old days no matter how tight the game was, any so called supporter caught in the act should be banned for life.

And that's got nothing to do with the odd scrap between supporters under the influence. No connection at all.

Find it hard to understand how things have changed to this extent.

Well it's 10.30 in the evening here and I can't find Popes thread on Sundays game so I'm going to have to say that I haven't got the faintest idea about the result. We do have to learn how to put the ball into the opposition net a bit more often but I have complete faith in our new manager even though new faces will probably have to wait until summer.

I believe we're on the up !

I'm not suggesting that chants about kids dying in a fire or the death of Doughty are acceptable but do some people just need to get thicker skin regarding the other general abuse??

The Snowflake Generation are beginning to take over.

It's just another sign that the club is being run by grown ups who are professional and serious about getting to the promised land. And it's good to see Forest and Derby can agree on something but you'd expect that given the seriousness of the subject matter.

The rivalry is robust and I do expect Karanka's Forest to honour that by stuffing Derby on Sunday. Forest have been a poor playing squad and team over the last two years vs Derby. The current team is far, far better. Looking forward to Watson and Colback in the CM commanding the game. Derby have injuries...

Forest win and Derby's play off wheels will be falling off. I don't see them catching Fulham or Villa now (both will pile the pressure on Cardiff who had their sticky patch a while back...) That leaves Bristol, Boro', Sheff Utd, Preston fighting it out for 5 & 6th. I could see Boro' squeezing Derby and Preston may do a ****pool and squeeze Derby out the last spot.

Sunday's game is setting up to be game of the season for Forest. Beat Derby and it will be 6 games unbeaten. Be great to see Cash, Lolley, Bre', Tomlin tear them a fresh set of defensive holes...

SA.

theothersuffolkred - 9/3/2018 22:01

I'm not suggesting that chants about kids dying in a fire or the death of Doughty are acceptable but do some people just need to get thicker skin regarding the other general abuse??

General abuse is acceptable Suffolk, always has been but even better with a bit of humour.

Snowflake Generation has me worried though, am I one of those ?

IMO the derogatory term 'snowflake' is used as a direct response to the contempt that younger generations seem to have these days for the elder generation. In effect it's a lack of respect which is reciprocated.

The youngsters go to Uni to gain a degree in drama or media studies and seem to think that as such they're intellectually superior to a bloke who's worked damn hard all his life in a factory or down the the pit (because he didn't have the life choices that his hard work have given to younger generations).

Lack of respect.

Meh
I just don't like this thing we have now where the police get to decide retroactively whether something was illegal based entirely on whether anyone was upset by it.
I get why the club doesn't want its fans being dicks but leave the police out of it unless there's threats or violence.

i am a tree - 9/3/2018 15:05

Meh
I just don't like this thing we have now where the police get to decide retroactively whether something was illegal based entirely on whether anyone was upset by it.
I get why the club doesn't want its fans being dicks but leave the police out of it unless there's threats or violence.

Yep, totally.

The club are hosting the event so they have the right to exclude anyone with whom they take exception or who don't follow what they consider to be the correct behaviour. But Police involvement - I don't believe singing songs of these kinds can actually be considered to be an offence, or a hate crime, so they shouldn't be getting involved (unless someone can point out to me that a criminal act is being committed).

Never ceases to amaze me that whenever anyone dares to say 'lets not try to our best to offend people with vile behaviour' there's always a certain section of society that jump to the defence of these dickheads, how dare the Snowflakes & namby pamby lefties try to stop our God given right to behave like it's still the dark ages.

MarvinsPA - 9/3/2018 15:22

Never ceases to amaze me that whenever anyone dares to say 'lets not try to our best to offend people with vile behaviour' there's always a certain section of society that jump to the defence of these dickheads, how dare the Snowflakes & namby pamby lefties try to stop our God given right to behave like it's still the dark ages.

You're trying to debate against a position that no-one holds.
Its not defending a behaviour or a person to suggest that there might be unintended consequences of legislating against causing offence, and it certainly doesn't suggest that anyone here wants to behave like its the dark ages.

theothersuffolkred - 9/3/2018 12:01

:110:

Getting back on track here - I suppose I am one of the snowflake brigade
at my age and I'll put my hand up and say I am as guilty as all those that
stood at the side of me (in the Trent End) during the 60's & 70's slinging
all the abusive shite that we could muster - "It was a bloody good laugh
in those days but we've all grown up now and behave differently.

The biggest heap of sh!t we can throw Derby's way is by not singing anti-
sha**ers songs etc. but singing our team onto another victory that will
put another nail into that play-off place.....3-0 - 4-0 - even another 5-2
will be worth not antagonising our neighbours for the most important
win of the season.

Sing your hearts out all you trickies that will grace the City Ground on
Sunday because if we ignore them and get the right result that should
be enough to count it as a GLOAT :15:

Football makes for a better atmosphere better with a little bit of hostility .
I'm not talking about kicking the shit out of each other but we've got to rip the piss out of each other at least.
Sanitise the game too much and it'll spoil what it's all about .

theothersuffolkred - 9/3/2018 12:01

Good hopefully they’ll do a better job than the kippers baby boomers generation who watched their parents deal with rationing, Great Depression, war, setting up an NHS & rebuilding a country. They had it so hard being able to buy a house on an unskilled wage or go to uni absolutely free... after all the baby boomers did so well with unions, the housing market, education, immigration, manufacturing, industry, the environment, politics, race relations, infrastructure, privitastions, benefits, house prices again, the health service, cars, laws, the green built and so on & on & on.

These bloody snowflakes will be stopping Saville, Spacey, Rolf & saying radical things like it’s wrong to grope women, post dog shit through Asians letter boxes, point out that Brexit is a terrible mistake & try & respect people for whatever gender, sexuality or race they are the bloody swine.

Also fat old men behaving like children is embarrassing if you can’t slag off the sheep for anything other than that Jeremy Kyle star & the tragedy that unfolded after then you’re a moron & you need to take a long look at yourself.