Who is telling the truth?

Pearced - 22/10/2016 00:51

orbitalforest - 21/10/2016 22:54

PVH - 21/10/2016 22:25

Conflating?

Is that a word?

I doubt it .
Seems a bit contraflariable to me.[/QUOTE
Conflate is a more formal way to say "mix together." You probably wouldn't say you conflated the ingredients for a cake, but if you blended two different stories together to make a new one, conflate would work.
The verb conflate comes to us from the Latin word conflare, which literally means "to blow together." So think of using this word when you want to talk about two things getting thrown together and combined. Things that have been conflated often seem mixed up or confused, as when you conflate two different ideas, taking parts of one and parts of another to build your own Frankenstein version of things.

Erm.....I was joking P. :19:

Quite exciting on here tonight. As to Brexit you have a long road ahead.

On the bright side though I'm just watching the All Blacks and Oz game from Eden Park on TV. Only half time and we're only losing 15-7, but those N.Z. players really are something to see. They are sharp as a tack, terrific defending and they back each other up in a manner you'll hardly believe. Got to break here, it's 15-15 early in the second half, finish later. Bah, try disallowed it's 15-10 to the N.Z. 10 Minutes to go and it's now 30-10 and all over.

There's a message for the Forest players here though. All of the players on the field tonight show total intent and committal, both sides, and from what I read and hear about the Forest bunch there's some of them who need a big kick up the junction. If they were to watch this game they could likely learn something to their advantage.

Apollyon - 22/10/2016 07:28

Am I the only one on here that doesn't rate our performance since Burke left? It was both exciting and cringe worthy in equal measures when he was here but now our organisation and lack of leadership on the field is just cringe worthy.

Yes we are more attacking, but the flip side of that is that we have gaps all over the park which are easily exploited even by the likes of Rotherham who appear to be this seasons whipping boys.

I am all for giving a manager a full season, including Monsieur Montanier but the fact is we are not that good. We do not know how to win a game

No, you're not the only one. It's been plain for months that we need a leader/hard man in the middle, one who's prepared to kick arse, and hard too.
And some of our players are plainly not good enough.
It's time that PM got tougher as well.

I think the way he sets it up dictates the play rather than a hard hitting tough guy (uh)

The fullback support the attack but not vice versa. The middle is very flat and It looks at times that we are doing zonal marking very poorly.

One thing is clear, if we concede with a 5 man midfield with the DM sitting at the back, theres no way on earth we can go to 442 everyone obsesses about. We look like every pitch we play on his too big for us

In other news, LBL and CP are waiting for who apologises first.

Apollyon - 22/10/2016 11:16

I think the way he sets it up dictates the play rather than a hard hitting tough guy (uh)

The fullback support the attack but not vice versa. The middle is very flat and It looks at times that we are doing zonal marking very poorly.

One thing is clear, if we concede with a 5 man midfield with the DM sitting at the back, theres no way on earth we can go to 442 everyone obsesses about. We look like every pitch we play on his too big for us

In other news, LBL and CP are waiting for who apologises first.

Lol.

Completely agree with your points, particularly our inability to play 442

Abuse those with more experience of multiculturalism? Er, lineker grew up in Leicester just like you. Lily Allen grew up in London. Hardly a pure Anglo saxon town.
They showed compassion for people fleeing a country the rest of the world are bombing to dust and it makes you feel bitter. That says more of you than of them. How are your friends feeling about the increase in hate crime and the legitimisation of racism? Syria isn't in Europe. Calais is, but if we really had no control of our borders those people would be here. Obviously we do have control of our borders.

I wonder about the reaction if Remain had won by such a small margin and the government had gone for an equivalent Hard Remain? Schengen, the Euro, etc. There would be outrage. There is no mandate for hard brexit at all.

Don't you feel even the slightest bit robbed that the very day after the election every single Leave politician reneged on their lies about controlling immigration? Breaking Point! Dear me, we have nearly full employment.

Can't see any of these positive businesses you're talking about. Who? The only people making money are a subset of the FTSE company share holders who mostly export abroad. Oh and the major backer of Leave that made £200m thanks to the result - he was quite happy too. Let's see if Nissan builds it's next car in Sunderland. Plenty of businesses are either relocating or thinking about it. Many more laying off staff or on the cusp of going out of business.

Community division isn't driven by those wanting us to stay together. That's laughable. Tensions will get a lot higher as the country's money runs out even more. Sad times.

My company are getting plenty of orders from Nissan, Honda, Peugeot, Citroen - there is no sign so far that they are contemplating moving business away from the UK

in_the_top_one - 22/10/2016 11:53

Abuse those with more experience of multiculturalism? Er, lineker grew up in Leicester just like you. Lily Allen grew up in London. Hardly a pure Anglo saxon town.
They showed compassion for people fleeing a country the rest of the world are bombing to dust and it makes you feel bitter. That says more of you than of them. How are your friends feeling about the increase in hate crime and the legitimisation of racism? Syria isn't in Europe. Calais is, but if we really had no control of our borders those people would be here. Obviously we do have control of our borders.

I wonder about the reaction if Remain had won by such a small margin and the government had gone for an equivalent Hard Remain? Schengen, the Euro, etc. There would be outrage. There is no mandate for hard brexit at all.

Don't you feel even the slightest bit robbed that the very day after the election every single Leave politician reneged on their lies about controlling immigration? Breaking Point! Dear me, we have nearly full employment.

Can't see any of these positive businesses you're talking about. Who? The only people making money are a subset of the FTSE company share holders who mostly export abroad. Oh and the major backer of Leave that made £200m thanks to the result - he was quite happy too. Let's see if Nissan builds it's next car in Sunderland. Plenty of businesses are either relocating or thinking about it. Many more laying off staff or on the cusp of going out of business.

Community division isn't driven by those wanting us to stay together. That's laughable. Tensions will get a lot higher as the country's money runs out even more. Sad times.

Zzzzzzzz

:87:

forestfaninvegas - 22/10/2016 12:05

My company are getting plenty of orders from Nissan, Honda, Peugeot, Citroen - there is no sign so far that they are contemplating moving business away from the UK
Are you kidding? Seriously are people not aware that very many companies are thinking about this? What about all the banks and their demands over passporting issues? What about the Japanese government wading in on the issue? There will be job losses. The best we can hope for is a soft brexit that allows freedom of movement. I suspect that is what a majority would want because the vote was close and many said/say that it was about sovereignty and they aren't bothered about immigration. Several on here who think they have the backing of a majority of British voters do not. But they won't admit that any time soon.

The EU is founded on the four freedoms. We will have to see how flexible they are but so far not a single nation has said they would be willing to compromise on the link between the single market and freedom of movement. And we have to get everyone to agree.
Cloud fooking cuckoo land.

"
Nissan to make Sunderland Qashqai decision 'next month'
21 October 2016
Tyne & Wear

Carlos Ghosn, Nissan chief executive

Image caption Carlos Ghosn recently called for compensation from the British government if Brexit affects Nissan negatively
Car giant Nissan says it will make a decision next month on whether to produce the next Qashqai SUV at its Sunderland plant following Britain's vote to leave the European Union.

The firm has recently suggested investment in the factory could cease if its economic competitiveness is affected by Brexit.

The factory is Britain's biggest car plant and employs almost 7,000 people.

A government spokesman said talks with the company were "ongoing".

The Wearside factory produced 475,000 vehicles last year, of which 80% were exported.

Chief executive Carlos Ghosn was speaking to reporters at the Japanese company's headquarters in Yokohama, news agency Reuters reported.

It followed a meeting with Prime Minister Theresa May at Downing Street last week.

'Preserving competitiveness'

He said: "We're not asking for any advantage [from the British government], but we don't want to lose any competitiveness no matter what the discussions."

Ghosn said he had received reassurance that the British government would be "extremely cautious" in "preserving the competitiveness" of the plant.

"As long as I have this guarantee... I can look at the future of Sunderland with more ease."

Production of the next Qashqai model is expected to begin in 2018 or 2019.

The time it takes to bring a new car into production means Nissan needs to decide where to make its next-generation model soon.

Businesses have been concerned that Britain is headed towards a "hard Brexit", which would leave it outside the single market and facing tariffs of up to 10% on car exports.
"
BBC

LyttleByLyttle - 22/10/2016 12:22

Zzzzzzzz

:87:
You're right. I was very reluctant to interrupt the footy chat - especially on a match day - but there was so much crap being talked I couldn't let it go. Sorry. :14:

ITTO

We deliver direct to the line at Sunderland and we have never been busier with their stuff.

There is an item going on a car due release in 18/19 that we are at the pre-production mock up stage for it - for Nissan

Citroen and Peugeot are bringing work to us from Europe.

Heavy products are struggling (JCB and Cat) and are cutting production but that is a global issue rather than an EU one.

Of course there are some worries, but in the automotive world, we are busier than ever

I cannot talk about industries other than my own.

in_the_top_one - 22/10/2016 11:53

fookin ell without doubt the top +1 i have ever given and you sir have won the internet of all all time

Lets all dismiss the fact that immigrants bring in £5bn a year..also how far are we going to go back on immigrants..because you are all immigrants

FFS even the ginger haired blue eyed white skinned ( pink ) of you are immigrants

I'm not even going into the facts that will give us '£350m' a week to the NHS or reduce immigration

You got lied to and your diseased minds cannot except it

Only 71.8% of voters took part, which means leaving the EU on the basis of a 37% mandate. So 17m people voted to say what the 47 m other people have to put up with.

But that's a FACT rather than the drunk ramblings of someone stood on top of the white cliffs rambling untruths about the UK being too full.

Syria excepted more war ridden migrants over the last 50 years than you could imagine

Also the hot fit chick who got her wabs out on the first American Pie..is Syrian..just think about all those fit ladies us and America, France and Russia are bombing out of life

Had to make it simple for the The Sun, Express and Daily Mail readers