Game week 34 | Page 21 | Vital Football

Game week 34

in Greece all of the derby games are reffed by outsiders due to alleged corruption/incompetence.

tbf it was maranakis who was accused of paying off the refs so if anyone can recognise a set of bent refs it's owd EM

If you go back a pip you’ll see I said that

I thought we were hard done by on the decisions. We’ve all seen them - I’ve seen among neutrals a split opinion on the 1st and 2nd, so maybe you can argue they’re not quite “clear & obvious” errors, but nobody thinks the 3rd shouldn’t have been a penalty.

However, I do disagree with the idea that the result would have been any different had we been awarded, and then actually scored, a penalty. We saw against Tottenham, Palace, and Wolves, that we are far too passive until we are chasing the game. The officiating was bad today, but so was most of our performance.

And the club isn’t helping itself with the mithering that follows our games. We know we’re not well-loved in the Premier League, we’re not a part of the narrative like we maybe were last season, and our impending appeal against a points deduction would maybe look better if we were well-behaved.

We’ve seen a lot of our whinging this season, and the result has been a worsening of the decisions against us. Maybe that’s just coincidental, it depends very much on whether you believe referees are consciously biased or unconsciously terrible. I personally think the referees don’t like us and that any decisions they think they can give against us, they happily will do.

PGMOL can save on postage by putting all three of our apology letters in the same envelope.
We will be paying a hefty fine for this though so they'll have all the stationery they need for a long while.

I'm confused.

What has Palace celebrating a win got to do with the refereeing and VAR incompetence in our game?

You can impose a narrative of us as cry babies, but maybe we can impose a more truthful one.
It's just banter. They have structured their tweet like ours.

I think ours is embarrassing and won't help a jot. I also think its true and justified. Life is complicated.

I personally think the referees don’t like us and that any decisions they think they can give against us, they happily will do.
Which needs calling out.

It's not like we're the only club that complains when decisions go against us. It's just that so many decisions go against us that we appear to be crying wolf.

PGMOL can save on postage by putting all three of our apology letters in the same envelope.
We will be paying a hefty fine for this though so they'll have all the stationery they need for a long while.
If anything I think we should be even more ridiculous and over the top about it.

Hire a private detective to hack referee's emails.
See if any of them have anything negative to say about Forest and then use it as evidence.
Have Marinakis make a speech to our crowd about what ***** the refs are before the next home game starts.
Send Clattenburg to be a VAR observer at Stockley Park whether they like it or not.

Oh thank god the natural order of football wasn't disturbed by little old Coventry.

Fernandes is an overrated rat piece of shit. Gave loads of lip to the Cov keeper after his pen. He really is everything that's wrong with the game; constantly fawned over by the press but is actually just a contemptible ****.

Nor are we the only club that's had a lot of bad decisions. From what I've seen Wolves have been on the wrong end of some shocking decisions, and I'd be far happier if we'd shrugged off those setbacks like they did.

But I can also see how when it happens every game it gets into players' heads a bit. Neco Williams was clearly fuming and made his views very clear.

Of the 3 decisions, the first one they said on sky that it was insufficient contact, how VAR can judge what's sufficient & what isn't I don't know it's a free kick any where else on the pitch so since when did the rules change so we had one set for the penalty area & another for rest of pitch.

2nd one they said arm was in a natural position, natural if you're doing what, trying to stop the ball.

From a VAR perspective the 3rd one was the worst in my opinion, Taylor made a big thing of waving his arms about & saying he got the ball. VAR must have looked & seen he didn't get the ball so surely should have told Taylor he'd got it wrong & hadn't got the ball & it needed reviewing, a factual thing so the worst of the errors. KNowing how incompetent Taylor is of course he might have looked & still said no pen