Aston Villa v Bournemouth. Sunday 21st April 15.00 hrs K.O | Page 2 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Bournemouth. Sunday 21st April 15.00 hrs K.O

I'm sure Emery will of had the boys on light training only but this is going to be a very tough game.

Just hoping we can get a couple of early goals as I imagine half our side will be like staggering drunks in the final quarter of this match.

Welcome Villa Team Coach​

Aston Villa supporters are encouraged to welcome the team’s arrival at Villa Park on Sunday for our Premier League clash against AFC Bournemouth.
Unai Emery’s side followed up last weekend’s superb 2-0 victory at Arsenal with a dramatic penalty shoot-out success in LOSC Lille on Thursday to reach the club’s first major European semi-final since 1982.
And we’re calling all fans to help create another amazing atmosphere this weekend, giving the players a pre-match boost and special show of support as we prepare to return to league matters for another big encounter.
Villa’s team coach will arrive at approximately 1.30pm and park on Trinity Road outside the gates to the forecourt.
The players will then enter the stadium through Trinity Road Stand reception, near the William McGregor Statue and Fan Zone.
Supporters are welcome to gather in the Trinity forecourt / Trinity Fan Zone pre-match entertainment area.
Speaking after Thursday’s pulsating shoot-out triumph, Emi Martínez said: “I think the fans should give us a lift on Sunday against Bournemouth, there’s going to be people tired.
“And so we need the home supporters on Sunday to turn up and give us a boost to go all the way.”

Full Article Link https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2024/april/20/Matchday-Guide--Aston-Villa-v-Bournemouth/

Being glass half full on the affects of Thursday

Maybe not as bad overall tiredness wise as we think with a few exceptions?

Emi - GK , not a physically demanding position in terms of running
Cash - first game for weeks so should be fresh.
Konsa and Pau - couple of the exceptions . They have played loads this season and full 120 mins Thursday.
SJM - had a mini break with his ban
Bailey - came on 2nd half Thursday.
Diaby - came off 2nd half
TIelemans and Watkins - as per Pau and Konsa - but Tielemans hasn’t played as long this season due injury.
Zaniolo - wimped out first half.
Duran - came on 2nd half.
Digne - full game thurs but has hardly played a full game recently due to injury and Moreno.
Rogers - didn’t play the full game as he came on for Zaniolo.

Konsa and Pau - couple of the exceptions . They have played loads this season and full 120 mins Thursday.
TIelemans and Watkins - as per Pau and Konsa - but Tielemans hasn’t played as long this season due injury.
Digne - full game thurs but has hardly played a full game recently due to injury and Moreno.
Citeh we’re down on energy today and they’ve had 48hrs more to recover. The crowd will be important for us tomorrow. Need to control the ball and therefore the pace of the game. I’m worried 😧

Citeh we’re down on energy today and they’ve had 48hrs more to recover. The crowd will be important for us tomorrow. Need to control the ball and therefore the pace of the game. I’m worried 😧
No doubt we could have done without it for sure .

The mind gives up before the body, that's the issue, and often that can manifest as looking lethargic.

I think we saw that influence how poor we were on Thursday. The game against Arsenal was very mentally draining because we needed to have maximum concentration against them. So come Thursday the lads could barely find a pass and were making shocking mistakes.

Bournemouth are quite good, very intense pressing, and if we can't get our passing right it'll be a long day again. I'd argue they are better without the ball than with it so I've no idea how this game will pan out.

The mind gives up before the body, that's the issue, and often that can manifest as looking lethargic.

I think we saw that influence how poor we were on Thursday. The game against Arsenal was very mentally draining because we needed to have maximum concentration against them. So come Thursday the lads could barely find a pass and were making shocking mistakes.

Bournemouth are quite good, very intense pressing, and if we can't get our passing right it'll be a long day again. I'd argue they are better without the ball than with it so I've no idea how this game will pan out.

Let’s hope the buzz and adrenaline see them through .