General Football thread | Page 477 | Vital Football

General Football thread

Everton hardly won a game for months have they? hardly scored a goal even. not sure why folk suddenly feel they be so dominant and peppering our box all game. If thier big hope is lumping balls in the box then im sure we have far more threats for them to worry about and we are actually top half for chances conceded and we only conceded 1 corner last game, certainly winnable for us.

Same with Luton really, worse defence than us by far and could quite rationally be expected to lose all 5 remaining games..

Overall though we are simply a better side than the other 4 sides involved imo and i expect us to take points from them

How Luton have managed to keep Barkley fit for the season is a minor miracle, I think without him they would have been gone several games back. Maybe we should be poaching their fitness & medical staff to fix our bunch of crocks.
only really been big T out for months now

I agree, Everton will waste some points but collect more elsewhere, the derby etc. but they have a cusion now. Think Luton will lose to wolves, Everton and West Ham, maybe get a result of some kind against Fulham and Brentford

We just need to beat Burnley and blunts, maybe get a point back and we will be safe. GD is in our favour too now
maybe for the cheek they will give us 1 point more, i know id be inclined to haha

In some ways it's good news that it's most likely us v Luton.

Everton game not do or die

Takes a bit off pressure off

But would be great of course to get some kind of result at Everton even though I believe it's us V Luton now in reality

Only if we WIN at Everton are they back in the mix with us IMO

And we know that's highly unlikely - based on our season to date - expecting too much

If they somehow surprise us then it's just an amazing bonus I'm not expecting and we've dragged Everton back into it

But without a win there I'm sure it's us v Luton
Yeah i think we need a win at Everton to keep them in the mix , they'll be happy with a draw i reckon.

Palmer has really surprised me this season.

I always thought with the City youngsters (except Foden) that if you take them out of City they wouldn't be as good.

Palmer is incredible. What a player.

Chelsea's first:

The nutmeg, 1-2, then that finish were all great.

Palmer has really surprised me this season.

I always thought with the City youngsters (except Foden) that if you take them out of City they wouldn't be as good.

Palmer is incredible. What a player.

Chelsea's first:

The nutmeg, 1-2, then that finish were all great.
It chills the bones thinking we'll have Yates tasked with shackling Palmer.

Gon' be dread.

Surely it can't be as bad as Everton are doing.
Well, no, given no-one is actually trying to mark him.

However, our option was done up like a kipper vs Wolves and previous to that, Spurs.

TBH, if we're tanked by Man City after a draw with Everton, i'd go three in midfield and try and shithouse Chelsea.
Maybe the crowd will roar the boys on, but if we play as loose as Everton have this half, we'll be truly murderated.

Low-block, all is forgiven!

Well, no, given no-one is actually trying to mark him.

However, our option was done up like a kipper vs Wolves and previous to that, Spurs.

TBH, if we're tanked by Man City after a draw with Everton, i'd go three in midfield and try and shithouse Chelsea.
Maybe the crowd will roar the boys on, but if we play as loose as Everton have this half, we'll be truly murderated.

Low-block, all is forgiven!
We need 3 in mid v city

Ah, Everton still have a game in hand and will probably get more points back.

Still see this as a shoot-out with Luton. I think they are likely cope better than us as the pressure ramps up.

Shitting it.

Ah, Everton still have a game in hand and will probably get more points back.

Still see this as a shoot-out with Luton. I think they are likely cope better than us as the pressure ramps up.

Shitting it.
Its in our hands.
We can drag Everton back into it.
A game in hand means nothing if they can't win it.