Everton just 2 points | Page 2 | Vital Football

Everton just 2 points

It is possible this weekends fixtures could really work in our favour but we have to go at wolves. Need the points there and let Chelsea’s and City do us a favour. Tbh would quite like blunts to beat Brentford too, and Liverpool against palace

Yes, and this latest judgement is carefully worded to provide them significant mitigation (two penalties in one year) that won't then be afforded to us
Yes it will be very interesting to see what happens if/when our time comes.

Everton wanted a one point penalty allocated to next season. This apparently forms a part of their appeal but effectively misses the point of the appeal.

Maybe the outcome will be to give them a choice of two points now or four next season.

Two deductions this season. If over in June does three strikes and out rule apply.

Won’t matter anyway. Can see Pickford, Onana, and Branthwaite leaving in summer. Calvert-Lewin out of contract? Money to rebuild but replacements will not be same calibre. Who will go to Everton knowing circumstances. Ageing squad.

Someone said above we need to "go at" wolves

Everton will get the points they need to survive by focussing on clean sheets and snatching the odd goal

We make it way too hard for ourselves with the amount of goals we concede

We need to focus on setting up for clean sheets first and foremost

The rest will take care of itself

We can maybe start trying to outscore other teams again next season

Going at teams isn't how you scrap your way out of relegation battles

IMO

Everton will get the points they need to survive by focussing on clean sheets and snatching the odd goal

I was pretty surprised when Sky said we had the 6th best defence in the league since Sels came in. This was during the Spurs game.

I feel like that simply can't be true?

IMO

Everton 1-0 Burnley: Sean Dyche says Toffees 'designed' ugly win

He will get "ugly" points all the way til end of season including against us if they need to be ugly against us

On BBC they also mentioned Wood is now the 5th highest scorer this season in the Premier League

Which is some achievement based on the fact he's missed plenty of minutes

His goal conversion rate is the best.

12 goals from 31 shots = 39% which is the best in the league, excluding freak stats from players who have only had <5 shots all season (plus Marcos Senesi who has scored 3 from 7 shots - fair play).

For context, Wood's conversion rate is more than double that of Haaland, Watkins or Salah.

It's amazing what you can do if you're on a promise.

IMO
i get that but, our 1st half performance against Fulham won the game, sitting back/defending hasn't seemed to produce many results.

It is all about opinions, but 3 points are so valuable in the modern game that scoring goals are key. When we try to keep it tight i worry we just concede the ball constantly, and it is a matter of time before we lose a goal. IMO we are best when on the front foot, we have scored a lot of early goals this season.

so for me, we do have to go at wolves, and blunts, maybe Everton is one to keep tight and go for a draw and City if possible.

I think we can get something from Chelsea and burnley too.

Question, would we take it if offered a 1 point from each game remaining? so we finish on 31 points. will that be enough?

We need to win a few games, i think we need 7 or 9 points

Question, would we take it if offered a 1 point from each game remaining? so we finish on 31 points. will that be enough?

We need to win a few games, i think we need 7 or 9 points

I would snatch your hand off for 7 points from remaining games

That takes us out of sight from Sheff Utd and Burnley and if Luton can get more than that from their threadbare squad then fair play to them

The money we've spent compared to them we shouldn't even be taking about Luton right now

We should be 20 points clear of them
Why?

It's about having good players. They have good players. They had them for a couple of years prior to promotion. We didn't when we were promoted. We didn't really have many players.

Why is it more valid if it is done without spending much money?

Why?

It's about having good players. They have good players. They had them for a couple of years prior to promotion. We didn't when we were promoted. We didn't really have many players.

Why is it more valid if it is done without spending much money?

I’d argue you’re being a bit inconsistent here, Pope. You’ve often sighted clubs having more resources and spending power than us when defending some of our previous losses against other clubs. Does spending money not make a difference then?