The Official Bradford City Match Thread (Sponsored by Discarded Prophylactics "for all your dead rubber needs") | Page 9 | Vital Football

The Official Bradford City Match Thread (Sponsored by Discarded Prophylactics "for all your dead rubber needs")

I don’t think that the Clem experiment will work at league two level mate.
The only way to league two promotion is pace, power, aggression and a striker who will score regularly.
Tippy tappy wins nothing at this level.
Not disagreeing. I was one who thought Harris was sacked way too early. A slightly sticky spell after starting the season with 4 straight wins and he was gone.
I seem to remember the majority on here were pleased when Clemence was appointed.
We didn’t want to pay the compensation Crawley wanted for Lindsey and that now looks like another poor decision from the top.

I
I would - the games under Millen were even worse !!!
Do it after the last game and get the new manager in ASAP and give them the whole window and pre-season

I would - the games under Millen were even worse !!!
Do it after the last game and get the new manager in ASAP and give them the whole window and pre-season.
If they were gonna do it then best do it right now. Love Brad and Shaz but they really now need to feel and accept the real pain of football. They now have to invest serious money into the getting the best players and building a proper team. If they’re not prepared to do that then they need to fck off in the clear out too

I said it last week but I’ll say it again , we can’t afford to keep burning the cards with the squad so we need to find a management team that can get a tune out of what we’ve got with a few additions. Given our players CVs that shouldn’t be an impossible task. Clemence has failed, it’s that simple. We don’t want to give him the summer and then the first two months of next season before we acknowledge that and then we’re in the exact same boat we were in October ‘23 come October ‘24.

I said it last week but I’ll say it again , we can’t afford to keep burning the cards with the squad so we need to find a management team that can get a tune out of what we’ve got with a few additions. Given our players CVs that shouldn’t be an impossible task. Clemence has failed, it’s that simple. We don’t want to give him the summer and then the first two months of next season before we acknowledge that and then we’re in the exact same boat we were in October ‘23 come October ‘24.

So we keep burning the cards with management? After how many appointments do we then acknowledge it might actually be the players?

The players have showed absolutely zilch in desire, application and willingness to do the ugly basics. That's shouldn't be down to managers or coaches, it's part of the game, especially at this level. It's ugly hard graft first. Most of our squad ain't interested in doing it.

Last edited:
Time to forget the trials and tribulations of this season and switch attention to Kent CC for our fix of misery and depression for the next four months.
What I've just said on the "Season's Over" thread. More misery awaits.

Looks like my own reacquaintance with the red ball will be delayed as our pitch is waterlogged. Feeling more decrepit than ever but at least my team mates know I try my best, unlike the Gills, it seems.

So we keep burning the cards with management? After how many appointments do we then acknowledge it might actually be the players?

The players have showed absolutely zilch in desire, application and willingness to do the ugly basics. That's shouldn't be down to managers or coaches, it's part of the game, especially at this level. It's ugly hair graft first. Most of our squad ain't interested in doing it.
Tactics are irrelevant of players. We needed the point so with minutes to go you would think the coach would chuck everyone up and go down fighting.

The players have showed absolutely zilch in desire, application and willingness to do the ugly basics. That's shouldn't be down to managers or coaches, it's part of the game, especially at this level. It's ugly hair graft first. Most of our squad ain't interested in doing it.
And it's the manager's job to motivate the players.

If SC can't (as it seems) there's no point him being manager.

Clemence re: Turner coming in for Morris:

“I’m not putting the blame on Morris at all, but I consider Turner the number one. He had to come back at some stage.

It’s a tough call but I knew there would be balls going into the box today.”

Mahoney has stated post-game on BBC that he wants to stay with us next season.

Personally I don’t believe he’s offered enough this season and not sure whether it’ll improve with better players/formation next season

Clemence re: Turner coming in for Morris:

“I’m not putting the blame on Morris at all, but I consider Turner the number one. He had to come back at some stage.

It’s a tough call but I knew there would be balls going into the box today.”

Mahoney has stated post-game on BBC that he wants to stay with us next season.

Personally I don’t believe he’s offered enough this season and not sure whether it’ll improve with better players/formation next season
Without questioning his ability I don’t think he’s suited to league two football, more of a luxury and an expensive one too.