Nottingham Forest v Fulham- sponsored by Barbour jackets, Creme Eggs and people who have Pope on "Ignore" | Page 18 | Vital Football

Nottingham Forest v Fulham- sponsored by Barbour jackets, Creme Eggs and people who have Pope on "Ignore"

The fact is, we don't talk about the keeper at all in games anymore other than to discuss great saves.

We'd have more points if we had Sels from the start, that's for sure. He is just assured

It's his cool, calm demeanour that I like. He isn't flashy, doesn't gob off, just goes about his job and hopefully our defence can learn to feed off that.

I think our headless chicken act at corners stems from having shit keepers for the first half of the season. Everyone in the stadium is nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of mouse traps whenever the ref points to one of the flags.

Danilo has had some decent games recently tbf... But as Jock said always has a potential mistake in him.

Owen Hargreaves said he was excellent tonight. He also said we looked like a European Side in the first half

So nice to hear pundits and commentators excited about us.

tnt was a breath of fresh air again. even nuno was polite and engaged. I think he just hates sky. lots of good words from nuno, mgw and woods.

first half at palace had me starting to worry but I'm back to calm.

spuds is a free hit.

we scored some crackers today. was it the third goal- the murillo assist- 3 touches and it was in the back of their net.

@Thewolf/jimmygordon

You warned us very strongly against Hudson-Odoi I seem to remember. How are you feeling now? You must be delighted with how much better he has turned out than you feared?

And another one to point out in general who tends to go under the radar- I honestly think our defence tends to look better with Omobamidele in it.

Danilo has been pretty useless this season and then turns a performance in like that, my days. Still think Dominguez is excellent and needs more minutes though.

Sels is as important as MGW to our hopes, very shrewd signing.

Forest had one booking tonight- and it went to Turner, who was not even on the pitch!
And it was probably one of the most effective things he has done while at Forest, throwing a ball onto the pitch to disrupt Fulham.

What did the penalty shout on Williams look like on replays?

Looked a penalty to me, right in front of me. Couldn't believe when the ref didn't give it. But obviously I don't have the benefit of seeing it again in slo mo.

What did it look like? Fair decision?

Well, that was torture at times, but what a win.

First half was the best performance I think I’ve ever seen from a Forest side - it was absolutely scintillating and reflects what many of us think this forest squad is capable of. We stopped playing that slow lethargic football and the attacking players linked up impeccably. MGW was mesmerising at times.

At half time I said we HAVE to not conceded a goal in the first 10 minutes from some silly set piece - surprise, surprise - we concede from a corner within 5 minutes and we go into absolute panic mode.

Willian was brought on as part of the 3 subs and absolutely ran the show - he is a sensational player, even at 35. But, we just continued to panic and give away corners every few minutes, and I have to say, our centre halves were absolutely dreadful at winning a single header… that’s extremely worrying. Every single cross nearly resulted in a Fulham goal, and if not for some luck and some excellent goalkeeping from Sels, we’d have blown it.

we also could have scored more ourselves through Williams and the dreadful Origi, so I certainly don’t feel we deserved to be pegged back.

I thought Yates was sensational in the middle - an absolute rock who threw himself in front of everything, and Danilo surprised me with an excellent display - he intercepted some decisive balls and helped see it out.

Wood was great again. Aina was great at LB. The keepers great. CHO, who I was very critical of when we signed him was superb on the left and has been great value. I thought Dominguez was his usual productive self when he came on, but I thought the introduction of Reyna and Origi were really poor subs.

We needed this so dam badly and I was certain of a pummelling tonight. We’ve GOT to go to spurs and get in behind that high line like we did tonight and you never know. In the meantime, we need a big points doc for Everton and Arsenal to do their jobs tomorrow. I guess it’s game on, but this team seriously needs to buck its ideas up from set pieces and play consistently or it’ll all be for nothing.

If only we hadn't spunked those 4 points v Luton and Palace, and had points stolen off us against United away, Liverpool, Bournemouth and Brentford then it would be a fairer reflection of our season, which is 41 points without the deduction.

Omabamidele really is the best partner for Murillo based on performances this year, and as for MGW or Murillo, put them in a top 4-6 team and watch them become full internationals bordering on world class. 75M has to be the starting bids for these 2.

Fair play to Danilo for a great performance also. I would only bring Origi on for Wood to give him a rest, never in a wide position now.

Sels is a superb goalie. Distribution is top drawer

If only we hadn't spunked those 4 points v Luton and Palace, and had points stolen off us against United away, Liverpool, Bournemouth and Brentford then it would be a fairer reflection of our season, which is 41 points without the deduction.

Omabamidele really is the best partner for Murillo based on performances this year, and as for MGW or Murillo, put them in a top 4-6 team and watch them become full internationals bordering on world class. 75M has to be the starting bids for these 2.

Fair play to Danilo for a great performance also. I would only bring Origi on for Wood to give him a rest, never in a wide position now.

Sels is a superb goalie. Distribution is top drawer
I would only bring Origi on, if our under 12 forward wasn’t available.

Few things from the game….

Why did var take ages looking for our handball but didn’t even bother with basseys?

Pope slating reyna coming on, but he actually showed composure and recycle the ball
A number of times showing sensible game management

Watching Danilo tonight..shows just how far Sangare has to come. Sure Danilo makes mistakes but he ran his nuts off for the cause and broke up player and intercepted at key times. Becoming quite the composed player

If we can get that level of energy from Yates/Danilo most games then we will start seeing results as the team fed of the industry of our midfield

Few things from the game….

Why did var take ages looking for our handball but didn’t even bother with basseys?

Pope slating reyna coming on, but he actually showed composure and recycle the ball
A number of times showing sensible game management

Watching Danilo tonight..shows just how far Sangare has to come. Sure Danilo makes mistakes but he ran his nuts off for the cause and broke up player and intercepted at key times. Becoming quite the composed player

If we can get that level of energy from Yates/Danilo most games then we will start seeing results as the team fed of the industry of our midfield
Sangare has to be a 'next season' player. 7 games left and Yates, Danilo, Dominguez in the mid rotation

That was much more tense than it might have been, but having said that there was a time when we would have crumbled after conceding so early in 2nd half & we didn't. Just want to understand why we cannot improve our defending of corners, these are good players why can they not get their heads around what they need to do to defend corners.
All in all really pleased though Ay last the players showed fight, desire & urgency as if the penny had just dropped as to what is required from them. Some really heroic defending, bodies on line stuff, great. probably won't be able to get to sleep very quickly bit of adrenalin still flowing
One last thing please no one tell me Yates isn't worth his place in the side he covered every inch of that pinch, threw himself in front of everything & everyone

Anyone who's played the game will know the value of a player who never stops running, never mind what he achieves.
Yates fills that bill.