West Ham v Aston Villa Sunday 17th March 14.00 hrs K.O | Page 30 | Vital Football

West Ham v Aston Villa Sunday 17th March 14.00 hrs K.O

On twitter, Hammers fans are saying Bailey kicked it at Emerson deliberately to get a penalty. One said it amounted to blatant cheating and Bailey should be booked. :ROFLMAO:
Probably the same dickhead who got a picture of the small heath badge up on his phone at the end and thought he was being hilarious

Although one look would have told you it should be disallowed.

Not quite sure why it took them so long.
I agree with others who said they're petrified of making a mistake plus IMO the "clear and obvious" thing has made a pure mess of decision-making.

For me they have to make too many decisions. The automated offsides need to be a thing because human error is too much of an issue with those too. VAR should step in if a decision is wrong but at the same time a stupid amount of things have become subjective.

Both of West Hams goals should have been a 30-second check. It was clear in both cases it hit the arm and went in. Not sure what the issue was, the commentators were questioning if they were conclusive enough to rule out and that's just infuriating but they also repeat the VAR process. We just need live commentary from VAR and not the commentators.

It would be great if there was some sort of automation on-screen highlighting the rule for red cards and handbells etc. Is it that hard?

On twitter, Hammers fans are saying Bailey kicked it at Emerson deliberately to get a penalty. One said it amounted to blatant cheating and Bailey should be booked. :ROFLMAO:

Well that’s just utter bollox isn’t it……

If Bailey had tried to hit Emerson’s arm we all know the ball would have gone into row z instead. :lol:

(Oops . Best shut up otherwise I will be getting a sshhh! celebration from Bailey as well).:throw:

I agree with others who said they're petrified of making a mistake plus IMO the "clear and obvious" thing has made a pure mess of decision-making.

For me they have to make too many decisions. The automated offsides need to be a thing because human error is too much of an issue with those too. VAR should step in if a decision is wrong but at the same time a stupid amount of things have become subjective.

Both of West Hams goals should have been a 30-second check. It was clear in both cases it hit the arm and went in. Not sure what the issue was, the commentators were questioning if they were conclusive enough to rule out and that's just infuriating but they also repeat the VAR process. We just need live commentary from VAR and not the commentators.

It would be great if there was some sort of automation on-screen highlighting the rule for red cards and handbells etc. Is it that hard?
Without VAR, we'd have lost 3-1 this week as the ref gave both of them. They were typical West Ham goals bundled in by their big thugs, it's what I was worried about before KO

I see Howard Webb giving his opinion on the Soucek disallowed goal on BBC site. No mention of the penalty we were robbed of.

What did he say?
"It was quite a complicated sequence, wasn't it, with quite a lot going off?" said Webb.

"When the guys look back on this one, they'll see some areas where they could be a bit quicker and speed this process up a bit.

"This is a situation of the player that's assisting (Soucek) deliberately bringing their arm forward in the opinion of the VAR, but that's a subjective matter and that's why the referee goes to the screen and makes the final decision.

No mention of Soucek strangling Ezri then.

"It was quite a complicated sequence, wasn't it, with quite a lot going off?" said Webb.

"When the guys look back on this one, they'll see some areas where they could be a bit quicker and speed this process up a bit.

"This is a situation of the player that's assisting (Soucek) deliberately bringing their arm forward in the opinion of the VAR, but that's a subjective matter and that's why the referee goes to the screen and makes the final decision.

No mention of Soucek strangling Ezri then.
So bizarre, these thick idiots had a much 'easier' and quicker to diagnose infringement in the foul than the handball.

In 2022, Howard Webb returned to oversee referees and decision-making in the Premier League and if it's at all possible, it's actually got worse with referees frightened to make decisions for fear of being ridiculed and suspended for a short period by Webb himself.

What a bloody mess along with VAR.

What's wrong with those pricks? They saw it was a handball straight away and then started looking for all sorts of other things.

and let's not forget that at first, Gillet awarded a goal which doesn't say a lot about his ability to referee at this level............. In fact at any level.