FFP charges? | Page 87 | Vital Football

FFP charges?

I agree any more than 3 we should appeal, 3 or less accept and get on with it
I think once it hits 3 we should be thinking carefully about whether an appeal would do us any favours and a lot of that comes down to the reasoning for the decision.

Yes a breach is a breach but Everton got 6 points for two years of breach. We breached for 8 weeks so even 3 points could be seen as harsh.

I still believe a suspended 3 point penalty is the fairest outcome.

The new chairman has already alluded to the fact that we feel let down by the PL has they had been kept informed all through and we were under the impression things were all good.
Really hope that we can prove this point about keeping the PL informed all through & them indicating things were OK,. It would be brilliant if we could really show them up for the incompetent buffoons they are

Personally, I think if you intimate to the commission that you will not appeal 3 then 3 is what you are certain to get at least.

And I don't think we should be getting 1, let alone three.
I certainly wouldn’t be intimating anything to them. I would be pushing for no penalty or a fine in the initial proceedings and go from there.

I think once it hits 3 we should be thinking carefully about whether an appeal would do us any favours and a lot of that comes down to the reasoning for the decision.

Yes a breach is a breach but Everton got 6 points for two years of breach. We breached for 8 weeks so even 3 points could be seen as harsh.

I still believe a suspended 3 point penalty is the fairest outcome.

If Everton got 6 points for two years of breach, we will get the same for eight weeks' worth of breach as a minimum.

I certainly wouldn’t be intimating anything to them. I would be pushing for no penalty or a fine in the initial proceedings and go from there.
The only good thing about any points deduction is that the BJ sale goes into this FY, which makes home and dry.

I would appeal any points deduction, 1 to 8/9. Make the PL squire and fight and make them throw legal money at it until their unfair, unfit system is in the bin. We owe them nothing, so fight them all the way for anything they deduct us

The new chairman has already alluded to the fact that we feel let down by the PL has they had been kept informed all through and we were under the impression things were all good.
Really hope that we can prove this point about keeping the PL informed all through & them indicating things were OK,. It would be brilliant if we could really show them up for the incompetent buffoons they are
This is what I don't understand. If the situation is believed that the PL said we were ok within their rules, we have evidence of this, keeping them informed and involved then we should not be expecting any points. Surley if we did get points deduction having acted on guidance of the rule owners then we would have a very strong legal case against the PL for providing us with false assurances of their own framework.

This is what I don't understand. If the situation is believed that the PL said we were ok within their rules, we have evidence of this, keeping them informed and involved then we should not be expecting any points. Surley if we did get points deduction having acted on guidance of the rule owners then we would have a very strong legal case against the PL for providing us with false assurances of their own framework.

I'd be telling them that if we get a penalty we will publish the communications.

this does of course rest on the club being honest. I'm giving us the benefit of the doubt but aware that we might have misread or misunderstood.

That really would be the icing on this particular cake and the perfect outcome.

The whole world was already spitting feathers about an upstart provincial club having the temerity to join "the elite" and then go about doing things differently and in ways "never done before". We then proceeded to give some of the bigger clubs a bloody nose and stay in the league.

Now we have the gall to use our behaviour over the previous 12 to 18 months to show how their rules and regulations aren't fit for purpose, how the competition is effectively seeded and have started to persuade others to our argument.

Should we, in some eyes, "get away with it" and then stay up whilst forcing said establishment to eat the whole humble pie and not just a slice of it, this would be magnificent shit housing of the highest order.

I think it will be six.

I think our arguments will be dismissed out of hand.

I think the Johnson thing will be dismissed with scorn.

I think the argument about promoted teams being handicapped will be dismissed and I think they will add insult to injury by comparing us, by implication if not by name, to Brentford.

I think they will make out they are doing us a favour by only making it six, choosing some utter bullshit that we barely argued as "mitigation" which kept it down.

The only good thing about any points deduction is that the BJ sale goes into this FY, which makes home and dry.

I would appeal any points deduction, 1 to 8/9. Make the PL squire and fight and make them throw legal money at it until their unfair, unfit system is in the bin. We owe them nothing, so fight them all the way for anything they deduct us

The BJ sale might be a mitigating factor, but I would be very surprised if it wasn't in this years figures (23/24) whatever happens. If it was in last years figures we wouldn't presumably be in this hole in the first place.

I think it will be six.

I think the argument about promoted teams being handicapped will be dismissed and I think they will add insult to injury by comparing us, by implication if not by name, to Brentford.

I think they will make out they are doing us a favour by only making it six, choosing some utter bullshit that we barely argued as "mitigation" which kept it down.
I see what you're doing here Pope, keep it up.

I think it will be six.

Just cheered me up, thanks.

Nailed on suspended deduction.

Just cheered me up, thanks.

Nailed on suspended deduction.
I agree it’s possible. Don’t buy what Colin Fray said nailed on penalty points because if the IC find that the premier league by what they told us did give us the go ahead to delay the Johnson sale then it’s possible it could be a suspended sentence

I agree it’s possible. Don’t buy what Colin Fray said nailed on penalty points because if the IC find that the premier league by what they told us did give us the go ahead to delay the Johnson sale then it’s possible it could be a suspended sentence
I'm basing my theory on a nailed on suspended because doom and gloom monger pope thinks it's gonna be worse case scenario.

Its a near proven theory.

I'd be telling them that if we get a penalty we will publish the communications.

this does of course rest on the club being honest. I'm giving us the benefit of the doubt but aware that we might have misread or misunderstood.
100% mate, it's time someone stood up to them & showed them to be the morally bankrupt, corrupt organisation they are