Who would you keep from this rabble?? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Who would you keep from this rabble??

All depends on the contractural situation. In an ideal world all the under achievers would be moved on. But in reality it cannot happen for financial reasons. Smart decisions must be made before any contract renewals are offered. However, given the performance of our dedicated recruitment team to date I won't hold my breath.

Decks need to be ideally cleared for an overhaul of the squad to bring in the type of players & characters a promotion winning side actually needs. Got to learn lessons from this season.

I am interested in why you would describe him as super. Runs around and falls over but has contributed zero league goals or assists this year ?

Super at swindon I agree. Should be our key creative outlet I agree but he has done little to show he has delivered much this season.
Just being pedantic but 1 assist; Salford (h)

I understand it, but there’s a huge overreaction on here.

One thing that we desperately nee is some stability.

The club has been taken over by new owners.
Backroom staff have changed.
Manager has left mid-season.
We’ve have more in/out smtansfers than we’re accustomed to.
The whole structure of the playing side has changed with B team, DoF, recruitment team etc.

Have you seen the last 3 games not just the results the way we've been playing? If you think we stand any chance of reaching the play offs then I will have a pint of what you've been drinking.
If you saw the 2nd half of the game against Tranmere then you would not say 'the last 3 games'. Yes, we were poor in the first half but the 2nd half showed the quality AND application that this side is capable of. We were very unlucky to not beat a side that just beat Mansfield.
I'm not saying we are play off favourites, because we need those 45min performances for 90mins every game. What I am saying is, don't rubbish a whole squad when there are enough games left to get us back into the play offs.
Support comes first for me.
...and I'm drinking Guiness 0 by the way.

As has often been argued, there are several "bigger clubs" doing as bad, if not worse than us at this level - Bradford, Notts County, etc.

And of course, some with less resources doing as well, if not better - Crewe, Morecambe, etc.

Our defensive record would suggest that there is not much wrong at the back. Personally, if we were continuing to play a back four, I would have even kept Alexander as McKenzie is the only right sided option there. Hutton doesn't cut it as a defender. No problem keeping Ogie, Masterson, Ehmer and Clark. Only keep Malone if we stick with a wing back formation

So then I would be considering not renewing expiring contracts for any midfielders or forwards apart from Coleman and possibly Jefferies if we think they still have a future transfer value.

That should allow us to bring in between four and six players with an emphasis on pace OR power OR leadership OR consistency OR goal scoring. You won't get anybody ready made with all those five characteristics in abundance as they wouldn't be playing in League Two IMHO.

The whole structure of the playing side has changed with B team, DoF, recruitment team etc.
True, but nearing the end of the season (or 15 months for DOF and recruitment), should we not be seeing the seeds of improvement or a clearly evolving better style and consistency?

All that seems to be different is a few extra safe passes in non dangerous positions.

As mentioned elsewhere, we are trailed off at the foot of the scoring charts by three goals. Is that an anticipated or planned statistic at this stage of development?

I’ll join in.
Keep
Ogie, Coleman, Hutton, Ehmer, Masterson Turner
Tell all the others that they are free to look for alternative clubs including the first team coach.
Successful teams have a good spine in the team.
A dominant keeper
A dominant centre back
A dominant midfielder
A dominant striker

If I were Clemence I'd only be interested in keeping Hutton, Ogie, Masterson, Clark, Coleman, DJ and Andrews.

Maybe keep Max, Turner and Hawkins.

Well desperately need to get energy, pace, athleticism into the team, oh and a couple of people who know where the feckng onion bag is.

Masterson just didn’t look right yesterday from the off,body language,everything seemed wrong.
Jackett and Hess just been abject failures so sorry bye bye
Keep
Turner,Hutton,Masterson,Clark,Ogie,Coleman,J Williams,Malone not sure,Ehmer not sure either
Andrews not a clue,totally bizarre signing,remember Accy fans saying there was no chance of him playing this season
Rest bye bye even Mahoney
Clemence jury out but my confidence is slipping away very fast now on him

Slightly off topic but, I think it’s essential that we employ an experienced lower league manager next season.
Cotterill is not popular with many fans but his nous has been enough to get FG back in the game after many considered them dead and buried.
In my opinion, should we not make the playoffs, which to be honest and given current form, looks increasingly unlikely, the club and Clem should part company immediately after the last ball is kicked.
Then employ an experienced manager as soon as possible and give them what they need and a full pre season.

True, but nearing the end of the season (or 15 months for DOF and recruitment), should we not be seeing the seeds of improvement or a clearly evolving better style and consistency?

All that seems to be different is a few extra safe passes in non dangerous positions.

As mentioned elsewhere, we are trailed off at the foot of the scoring charts by three goals. Is that an anticipated or planned statistic at this stage of development?
I do think that DoF set up is the sustainable way forwards so wouldn’t change it. It’s important that there is a separation in duties between the coach and the people recruiting players. Managers are short-termist; the DoF set up fixes that.

And (aside from lack of striker) the recruitment team have done a pretty good job. Hutton, Masterson, Ogie, Coleman, Clark and J Williams have been decent acquisitions. But they are getting flack because we don’t have a decent CF.

Then employ an experienced manager as soon as possible and give them what they need and a full pre season.
Preferably one with experience of getting teams out of this horrible division ( not including Joey Barton of course).

Sadly, unless BG and SG are getting more UK streetwise, I can't see that happening.

I am sure I read that one of them actually said that Clem impressed them in a "presentation" type interview expressing his "vision" for the club with stats and confirming that he had been watching and assessing a lot of our games.

That is what an American ownership would be used to and like, but I can not see a Mad Dog type or Cotterill impressing them during an interview in the same way. I am not even sure whether Scott Lindsay would.

They would always go after someone they regards as progressive.

I’ll join in.
Keep
Ogie, Coleman, Hutton, Ehmer, Masterson Turner
Tell all the others that they are free to look for alternative clubs including the first team coach.
Successful teams have a good spine in the team.
A dominant keeper
A dominant centre back
A dominant midfielder
A dominant striker
I agree entirely. This was very much the Pulis philosophy. Bloody hell, would love to see how he'd sort out this squad. Clemence is out of his depth in that he's only used to coaching, as an assistant, higher quality players not journey men lower league ones.

Sadly, unless BG and SG are getting more UK streetwise, I can't see that happening.

I am sure I read that one of them actually said that Clem impressed them in a "presentation" type interview expressing his "vision" for the club with stats and confirming that he had been watching and assessing a lot of our games.

That is what an American ownership would be used to and like, but I can not see a Mad Dog type or Cotterill impressing them during an interview in the same way. I am not even sure whether Scott Lindsay would.

They would always go after someone they regards as progressive.
So gullible American ownership impressed by bullshit then.