Managerial merry go round | Page 159 | Vital Football

Managerial merry go round

Coleman and Bell sacked at Accrington.

Not surprised by that one given what happened earlier in the season - you can't run to the media, bluff the Chairman and almost demand a new contract after relegation the previous season with a squad of 35 or so. Their Chairman said that over a third of their budget was tied up in long-term injured players over the last couple of seasons and gave the pair of them too much scope over transfers.

They've settled into midtable and probably unlikely to make the PO's now, which is probably why they've now gone.

The statement, or lack of, probably sums the relationship between Chairman and Manager this season.

I thought I read somewhere that Holt was about to throw the towel in after some abuse he got last season. No 'investor' has come in for them though.

Bearing in mind that Skoobs as only been in the job 111 days give or take. He is now 76 on the list of longest serving Managers in the premier and efl.
That's according to wikipedia so apologies if incorrect.
How crazy is that.
Be interesting to see where he is on that list at the end of the season.

I thought I read somewhere that Holt was about to throw the towel in after some abuse he got last season. No 'investor' has come in for them though.
I think he's content to keep funding them to a point, just not at the same level as previously although it came across that his major issue was the money wasted by Coleman and Bell in L1 and didn't trust them to spend the budget wisely anymore.

Coleman and Bell sacked at Accrington.

Not surprised by that one given what happened earlier in the season - you can't run to the media, bluff the Chairman and almost demand a new contract after relegation the previous season with a squad of 35 or so. Their Chairman said that over a third of their budget was tied up in long-term injured players over the last couple of seasons and gave the pair of them too much scope over transfers.

They've settled into midtable and probably unlikely to make the PO's now, which is probably why they've now gone.

The statement, or lack of, probably sums the relationship between Chairman and Manager this season.

Just hasn’t cut the mustard this season, or last.

League One is becoming the stomping ground for not only ex-Prem teams but also ex-Prem managers.

Nathan Jones and Garry Monk to name a couple.

02/03 season, turn of the year?

Look at the report date, 2005.

Now I'm very confused. I could have sworn I was there, but by 2005 I had emigrated to the US. This is is going to bug me now.

Look at the report date, 2005.

Now I'm very confused. I could have sworn I was there, but by 2005 I had emigrated to the US. This is is going to bug me now.

Christmas 2002 we beat Swansea 1-0 with an injury time own goal and the same happened in the 2005 game where it was Monk who put it into his own net. Perhaps it was the earlier game you were thinking of

Christmas 2002 we beat Swansea 1-0 with an injury time own goal and the same happened in the 2005 game where it was Monk who put it into his own net. Perhaps it was the earlier game you were thinking of
That makes sense. Wow twice in three years.

thanks sedgley, one less thing to stress about today haha. Apologies for the brief detour on the thread.

Blimey Monk was more prolific for us than some of our strikers during that period !!!
Think both were from Mr Gain and his silky skills.

Blimey Monk was more prolific for us than some of our strikers during that period !!!
Think both were from Mr Gain and his silky skills.

Sorry if it wasn't that clear. Monk's og was in April. The other wasn't him. I've got Kieran O'Leary in my head but that might not be right. The strange thing though is that both were after the 90 minute mark