Digne
JJ
Mcginn
WCD
Ollie
Bailey

All played yesterday.

All been here since Deano.

And let’s face it Ezri, Mings and Emi2 would also have been around yesterday had they been fit.

Wow. What a coach and manager.

Edit : I think Digne was a YTS boy signing?.
It’s shows that the recruitment was very far from being the disaster that some make out in the Smith years.

I hope he’s with far longer than that 🤣

He’ll just about be getting a team of his players by then, and I really want to see how good they could be. He’s locked in with the investment in his club, so I’m expecting 5-7years to build a dynasty.
I am expecting and hoping for 5-8 years of Unai. I think the investment NSWE have made into Unai and his people it deserves at least 5 years. They've handed over the keys of the club to the Spanish lads and they need to stick around long enough that we can stand without them.

I hope he’s with far longer than that 🤣

He’ll just about be getting a team of his players by then, and I really want to see how good they could be. He’s locked in with the investment in his club, so I’m expecting 5-7years to build a dynasty.
Well yes , but I don't want to get my hopes up.

I am expecting and hoping for 5-8 years of Unai. I think the investment NSWE have made into Unai and his people it deserves at least 5 years. They've handed over the keys of the club to the Spanish lads and they need to stick around long enough that we can stand without them.

Hope you're right. But Emery hasn't stayed anywhere long and in general managers don't stick around that long.
Anything beyond the end of next season is a bonus for me ...

Hope you're right. But Emery hasn't stayed anywhere long and in general managers don't stick around that long.
Anything beyond the end of next season is a bonus for me ...
Yes but how many managers get this level of buy-in? Pep, Klopp and Arteta, that’s it.

I truly cannot see him walking away from this job unless Real or Barca come knocking. Bayern is a left-field club that could take him too.

United want Zidane. That’s where their heads are at so I think we’re safe. If he signs a contract in the summer I think we get the 5-7 years unless those two come for him because that will never be off the table.

His two longest stints at a club were Valencia where he was for 4 years and Sevilla where he had 3 and a half years. Both times he left when it was likely that he'd taken the club as far as he could. Same with Villareal when we came calling.

His two spells with super clubs (media driven in Arsenals case) have ended with him getting the sack and having no control over anything. Here he's total control. He is the most powerful person at Aston Villa after Wes and Naseef.

Currently we have given him everything a manager could want. We've bought into him completely and there's not really much else we could have done to persuade him to stay with us long term. It's pretty much down to him.

There are a handful of teams that might persuade him but unfortunately several of them are going to be looking for managers this summer. My gut instinct tells me he will stay for at least another couple of years after this season.

I think Unai is here until he gets homesick and or one of the big 3 Spanish clubs call. At 51 he's still relatively young for a manager, so retirement won't be a thing anytime soon.
Studying him closely I think he is on the spectrum, he's certainly not "normal" whatever normal is.

Studying him closely I think he is on the spectrum, he's certainly not "normal" whatever normal is.

It’s not hard to see is it? The obsessiveness, mega detail oriented, all the ear touching in interviews etc.

Makes a refreshing change from all the brash big egos, who think they can win football matches by splashing ridiculous statements in front of the media and engage in very weak attempts at mind games.

It’s not hard to see is it? The obsessiveness, mega detail oriented, all the ear touching in interviews etc.

Makes a refreshing change from all the brash big egos, who think they can win football matches by splashing ridiculous statements in front of the media and engage in very weak attempts at mind games.

What does the ear touching indicate?